Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 154

Thread: Marcus McGuane

  1. #51
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    84,994

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    Don't ring us, we'll ring you.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    I thought it had legs?

    On another note, bizarrely, I’ve just bumped in to Sean Connery.

    He had a bandage wrapped round his head, apparently a large encyclopaedia fell on him?

    I said „that must have hurt Sean?“

    To which he agreed, and said „I can only blame my shelf“.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,339

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    W
    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    I thought it had legs?

    On another note, bizarrely, I’ve just bumped in to Sean Connery.

    He had a bandage wrapped round his head, apparently a large encyclopaedia fell on him?

    I said „that must have hurt Sean?“

    To which he agreed, and said „I can only blame my shelf“.
    It’s not the joke.
    It’s the way you tell ‘em.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,960

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Pretty much a done deal apparently. Just waiting on paperwork to be finalised.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,717

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    At the CG, apparently.


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,469

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    https://www.noordhollandsdagblad.nl/...xxVBBh1O?amp=1

    It is still not a foregone conclusion whether FC Barcelona mercenary Marcus McGuane will switch from Telstar to Nottingham Forest. Telstar and the English club agree on the conditions, but FC Barcelona still has to agree to the transfer.

    Twenty-year-old Brit received permission from Telstar to stay in England to talk to a new club when the season resumed. Last week, Telstar coach Andries Jonker to McGuane round would be with Notthingham Forest, a club that leads to the second level from England.

    A week later the player is still not presented. Jonker: ,, Nottingham Forest and Telstar have an agreement about the purchase of the lease. However, it now appears that FC Barcelona must also make agreements about the transfer with Forest. It is very simple: it is only final when the signatures have been made. That has not happened yet. "

    Jonker therefore still takes into account that McGuane may be joining Telstar again. ,, In football you never know. I've been walking along for a while. It must make ends by January 31. Preferably earlier, because then we still have time to tie a replacement. We are already working on this in the background. We have a list of players per position who can possibly strengthen us. "

    Marcus McGuane was spotted at the Nottingham Forest stadium last night for the match against Reading.



  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,717

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    This deal makes no sense whatsoever as a loan for the U23. It only makes sense if its on a permanent basis, obviously with Barcelona retaining a hefty percentage of his rights, just like the deal with Benfica for Tiago Silva.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,469

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Yeah. I don't think there is any point myself to bring him in for the 23s

    CM is such a strong area for the 23s too.

    Last edited by BryanRoy; 23-01-20 at 16:08.

  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,114

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Not really the sort of player that's likely to get in the first team this season either. Probably best we let him see out his loan at Telstar rather than come here and do nothing until next season.


  10. #59
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Not a foregone conclusion, you say?

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    10,055

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Not a foregone conclusion, you say?

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    I'm sitting at my desk laughing like an idiot because you've reminded me of one of the best but underrated Fawaz moments...

    https://twitter.com/hassansaef/statu...091171328?s=19

    The look he gives the camera at the end is so David Brent


  12. #61

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    If it is a loan, I wonder if it is a bit of try before you buy, or if it's because of the issues over making permanent moves across 3 countries causing issues over paperwork, meaning it's easier to sort a loan first.


  13. #62
    F0rum Enemy No. 1.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    F0rum purgatory.
    Posts
    26,451

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    I'm sitting at my desk laughing like an idiot because you've reminded me of one of the best but underrated Fawaz moments...

    https://twitter.com/hassansaef/statu...091171328?s=19

    The look he gives the camera at the end is so David Brent
    I'd advise him not to give up the day job...oh...


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,542

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    A bit of an odd transfer whichever way you cut it.

    If it does go through hopefully he doesn't join the long, long list of exciting foreign based youth prospects we manage to lure here who go on to do absolutely nothing (like the last lad we got from Barcelona).


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,352

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    I thought the days of "will he, won't he" had gone from our transfers and nowadays it was "wham, bam, thank you lad" before we really knew what had hit us.

    Either this transfer window has hints of ancient traditions or we're all barking up the wrong trees.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,469

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Advanced talks to sign him : https://www.footballinsider247.com/n...-sign-mcguane/

    Reckon this signing may see Semedo out the door. Back-up to Watson but start with the 23s and train with the first team.

    If injuries happen and we desperate he will come into the 18. So a bit of long term view whilst backing his talent if we need to I reckon.


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shakey Wakey/Leeds Border
    Posts
    18,560

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Pete O'Rourke
    Nottingham Forest are set to seal the signing of Barcelona midfielder Marcus McGuane on a permanent deal. #NFFC #FCBarcelona https://t.co/l7nHLwMiRN

    Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk


  18. #67
    Nottingham's dirty secret
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,373

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Hard to get excited by this one.

    See how he goes I spose.


  19. #68
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    37,737

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    He's only 20. One for the future.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,114

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    One for the U23s, I doubt we'll see him feature at all this season.


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,339

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    One for the U23s, I doubt we'll see him feature at all this season.
    Probably not. But he is young, has an excellent pedigree and could turn out to be a gem . It’s a gamble, but worth taking at low cost.


  22. #71
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    I'd rather us risk money on young up-and-coming players than experienced pros looking for one last pay cheque.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,352

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Barcelona to Forest, hey. Following the total football.


  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,348

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Barcelona to Forest, hey. Following the total football.
    Someone has clearly been showing him some tapes of the 1979 Super Cup.


  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,800

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Barcelona to Forest, hey. Following the total football.
    I hope he doesn’t see as a bit of a sideways step


  26. #75

    Default Re: Marcus McGuane

    Making the same move as Barca and Reds legend, Roger Reira.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •