Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: The Roy Dwight Memorial Match

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easy Peasy Forest Victory

    25 59.52%
  • Parked Luton Bus Stalemate

    3 7.14%
  • Mad Hatters Revenge

    3 7.14%
  • Dwight Wilson Clough Webb

    6 14.29%
  • New Additions Incoming

    5 11.90%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 573

Thread: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

      
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,114

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Hate having to wait for a Sunday game too.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    I'd bring Tommy Gaynor back in on the right for this one.


  4. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sawley
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    First Cup Final that I watched right through. I was ten years old and becoming obsessed with football and I have stayed that way for the next sixty one years (so far). I also wanted Forest to win on that day.


  5. #54
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    20,795

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Hate having to wait for a Sunday game too.
    Cue Pavlovian response from me: football matches should be played on a Saturday and all should kick off at 3:00 p.m.
    Part of the pleasure and excitement for the football fan is waiting to hear the football results at 5:00 p.m.
    That is now denied to us.
    And don't get me started on VAR!


  6. #55
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    27,607

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Is it Sunday just for TV coverage?

    I can't wait for Sky to tell us how wonderful Luton's rise through the divisions has been.


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    For the older fans, that 59 Cup Final was the great start they had in supporting Forest and reached a nadir 20 years later. Seeing their team win every domestic honour and Europe's premier trophy.
    The 59 Cup Final tends to get forgotten when we mention our greatest achievements so I thought it appropriate to bring it up again and to honour Roy Dwight.


  8. #57
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    17,276

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    4am match, great.


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The very black holes of my mind.
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    4am match, great.
    Will see you here


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,099

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    12 o'clock kick off, bag of fucking wank.
    Will do you good to get up earlier.


  11. #60
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    20,795

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    For the older fans, that 59 Cup Final was the great start they had in supporting Forest and reached a nadir 20 years later. Seeing their team win every domestic honour and Europe's premier trophy.
    The 59 Cup Final tends to get forgotten when we mention our greatest achievements so I thought it appropriate to bring it up again and to honour Roy Dwight.
    Dad has just reminded me that while I didn't attend the 59 Cup Final I was across the road with the other kids and grown ups who couldn't get tickets, watching the live broadcast at the only neighbour on our estate actually to own a TV set.
    I can't remember this, but if my old man says it happened , then it happened.
    Despite his age he has a mind like a steel trap.


  12. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,099

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Dad has just reminded me that while I didn't attend the 59 Cup Final I was across the road with the other kids and grown ups who couldn't get tickets, watching the live broadcast at the only neighbour on our estate actually to own a TV set.
    I can't remember this, but if my old man says it happened , then it happened.
    Despite his age he has a mind like a steel trap.
    Missed it due to the slight technicality of not having been born but do have my Dad's Cup Final prog and the rosette he wore.


    Rosettes - whatever made them go out of fashion? Looking at it, it's really difficult to understand why.


  13. #62

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    Will do you good to get up earlier.
    I'll be in a right fucking mood.


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,099

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I'll be in a right fucking mood.
    Well enjoy it while you can, could be a whole lot worse come 2pm. And remember, no swearing - it's a Sunday.


  15. #64

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    Well enjoy it while you can, could be a whole lot worse come 2pm. And remember, no swearing - it's a Sunday.
    I hardly ever swear anyway.


  16. #65
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    27,607

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    Rosettes - whatever made them go out of fashion? Looking at it, it's really difficult to understand why.
    Probably the association with politicians?


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town



    I like to think of a song for each of our matches. This is the one this time.


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,099

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I hardly ever swear anyway.
    Of course. (above post being the first ever example mind)


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Dad has just reminded me that while I didn't attend the 59 Cup Final I was across the road with the other kids and grown ups who couldn't get tickets, watching the live broadcast at the only neighbour on our estate actually to own a TV set.
    I can't remember this, but if my old man says it happened , then it happened.
    Despite his age he has a mind like a steel trap.
    Dang those players were real hard men. FFS we played with 9 men for the last 10 mins and with 10 for over 80 and still won.
    Burkitt exemplified them. A real leader and hard man, years later we had that in Burns, Pearce and Keane.

    From Wikipedia:
    Given the condition of the Forest team at that time it would have been a remarkable feat for them to have won the game or even forced a replay in extra time had Luton equalised

    Last edited by Romanis; 15-01-20 at 18:07.

  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,099

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I like to think of a song for each of our matches. This is the one this time.
    If you picked The Doobie Bros' "Minute by Minute" for the last match you might be on to something mate.


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    If you picked The Doobie Bros' "Minute by Minute" for the last match you might be on to something mate.
    My taste in music spans decades. Very few will be considered crap to me, even the hits of today, I kinda like them too.


  22. #71
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    86,154

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    If you picked The Doobie Bros' "Minute by Minute" for the last match you might be on to something mate.
    I was actually thinking that the seminal R. E. M. album Out Of Time should have been played on 96 minutes.

    Then - of course - the Thames Valley Royals wouldn’t have forced an own-goal in the eighth minute of six-minutes stoppage time.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  23. #72

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    Of course. (above post being the first ever example mind)
    Some **** nicked my phone.


  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,099

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    ...Then - of course - the Thames Valley Royals wouldn’t have forced an own-goal in the eighth minute of six-minutes stoppage time.
    "The B-theory of time is the name given to one of two positions regarding philosophy of time. B-theorists argue that the flow of time is an illusion, that the past, present, and future are equally real, and that time is tenseless."

    Whereas others just claim the ref was a cheating bastard. Einstein himself pointed out that time speeds up or slows down depending on how fast you move relative to the bung the ref got post kick-off.


  25. #74
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    86,154

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    "The B-theory of time is the name given to one of two positions regarding philosophy of time. B-theorists argue that the flow of time is an illusion, that the past, present, and future are equally real, and that time is tenseless."

    Whereas others just claim the ref was a cheating bastard. Einstein himself pointed out that time speeds up or slows down depending on how fast you move relative to the bung the ref got post kick-off.
    The critical thing here:

    Can anyone provide any evidence at all of Herr Einstein being in favour either any combination of the following:

    1. Match-Day officials
    2. Video-Assistant Referees
    3. Derby County

    No?

    Me neither. So, when arguably history’s greatest physicist doesn’t support the argument, well, it’s time to give up and go home.


  26. #75
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    40,685

    Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

    Time is an illusion.
    Lunchtime doubly so.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •