3 9.38%
  • Dwight Wilson Clough Webb

4 12.50%
  • New Additions Incoming

4 12.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

Default Re: Matchday 28 (27) Nottingham Forest v Luton Town

We'll play to their level but hopefully nick it 1-0.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sabri is a coach who prepares his teams well. He demands and expects certain things. He's not afraid to drop players or pick someone else. He has a game plan, something he thinks through. It's 5 or 6 months already with him, the players should know what is required. Just bloody hell do what he tells you and you'll be ok. Play with brains, commitment, concentration and a certain level of intensity.
    He doesn't expect you to dribble 3 or 4 players. he doesn't expect you to run from 1 end of the field to the other. He expects you to play as a team, do the basic stuff and simple things. Get the dead balls, position yourselves and attack on the counter. Mess up or disturb their play as he is wont to say.
    Play to his plan and you'll win more than lose. Play to this plan and Luton won't stand a chance.

Oh btw Captain Sinister, I do think your dad will remember the 1959 Cup Final fondly. Who else was around or better still, there on that shiny Wembley day as the Queen presented us the Cup?

Over 60 years ago now and even I was still a twinkle in my mother’s eye but remember the rematch 30 years later. Great win but I had forgotten that Luton were the reigning champions and that dick of a referee who didn’t send Hascoign off reffed this match as well. 4-0 to the team that never loses against this lot otherwise meltdown imminent - unfortunately it’s on TV but fortunately I can’t see many tuning in

Taking her indoors for a rare visit to the CG Sunday, last couple of games she went to was O'Driscolls last game v Leeds 4-2 nd prior to that the 5-2 win v Derby. So she,s expecting another goal fest, so she could be our lucky charm for a big win l hope.

Earlier in the season I watched Luton play a few times, when defending they always had 2 or even 3 players remain forward to hit quickly on a counter attack with McManaman the main outlet on the wing. They looked dangerous but I suspect they were leaking too many goals and stopped playing that way for obvious reasons.

Their record signing in the summer, the keeper Sluga looked very amateur the couple times I saw him play, hopefully he's still that way and starts against Forest.

I'd like to see young Brennan Johnson get a start in place of Silva on Sunday, by all reports he has been playing very well for the u23 squad lately, even popping in a few goals and rewarding that would show others a path to the first team. Silva has been giving the ball away every other time he touches it in the past few matches, and his set piece delivery has been hit and miss (mostly miss). While I don't think it would be wise to give up on him yet, a break might do him some good. If Silva continues his current form the fans will start turning on him much like they did with young Osborn for giving the ball away cheaply so often.

Chema looks like he needs a game off, seems to be picking up niggles every match so perhaps a break against Luton would be smart to let things heal a bit. Might also be a good match to give Figs a break too, he's been in the trenches so to speak for a bit now and gave a good account of himself, rest here and there could prove beneficial for him when the big test towards the back end of the season comes.

The other one to rest and bring on if needed is Sow. I hate saying that as he is the linchpin of the side, but through his whole career he barely manages much over 20 games per season due to injury. Saving him to face sides higher up the table might be wise.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I'll stick my neck out here, Lutons last 9 away games have seen them concede 28 & score 5 & lose the lot.

We wont lose this game.
    Kiss of death

Pile on Luton win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Bonalair View Post
    My 50th on the Saturday, can’t be arsed having a party so weekend revolves around this.

Prediction: 50-0 to the famous team, Grabban to bag 49 and Samba the other with a rabona goal kick.
    Happy 50th birthday!
    I have a feeling Forest will make your day memorable.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Oh btw Captain Sinister, I do think your dad will remember the 1959 Cup Final fondly. Who else was around or better still, there on that shiny Wembley day as the Queen presented us the Cup?
    My Dad is possibly one of the few who went to Wembley for the 59 final and the League Cup final in 89.
    I was there with him in 89 but was only 5 years old for the FA Cup Final.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Goals:

Grabban - 14
    Lolley - 4
    Watson - 3
    Adomah - 2
    Cash - 2
    Ameobi - 2
    Semedo - 2
    Figueiredo - 1
    Carvalho - 1
    Dawson - 1
    Yates - 1
    Worrall - 1

Assists:

Silva - 5
    Cash - 5
    Lolley - 5
    Ameobi - 4
    Worrall - 3
    Carvalho - 2
    Sow - 2
    Adomah - 1
    Grabban - 1
    Ameobi - 1
    Mir - 1
    Ribeiro - 1
    Watson - 1
    Robinson - 1
    Bogle - 1

Secondary Assist:

Lolley - 6
    Cash - 3
    Watson - 3
    Silva - 1
    Sow - 1
    Robinson - 1
    Grabban - 1
    Chema - 1
    Brice Samba needs to be added to you list of assists.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Brice Samba needs to be added to you list of assists.
    Which goal, Cap?

I can remember him playing an outstanding pass to Cash. Infact, was that the one which he passed to Lolley who then put his cross in the back of the next?

If so i'll add him.

Posted on here before re '59 Final. The only person in our family with a TV was Aunt Ada and she lived in East Winch, about 5 miles away. So I cycled there, sat all alone in the front room watching the flickering images for several hours (being one of the few televised games each year, they had a big build-up) and they cycled home, drained after the second half, but deliriously happy.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

My Dad is possibly one of the few who went to Wembley for the 59 final and the League Cup final in 89.
    I was there with him in 89 but was only 5 years old for the FA Cup Final.
    Flagman's Dad says hi

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by nffclsr View Post
    Chema looks like he needs a game off, seems to be picking up niggles every match so perhaps a break against Luton would be smart to let things heal a bit. Might also be a good match to give Figs a break too, he's been in the trenches so to speak for a bit now and gave a good account of himself, rest here and there could prove beneficial for him when the big test towards the back end of the season comes.

The other one to rest and bring on if needed is Sow. I hate saying that as he is the linchpin of the side, but through his whole career he barely manages much over 20 games per season due to injury. Saving him to face sides higher up the table might be wise.
    We could potentially look at not risking Grabban for this one. If we actually had another striker.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by nffclsr View Post

Without looking at the stats, it actually feels like we're most vulnerable at home to shit sides. With us only proficient in one style, the bloke who's central to that should always play.

Senior Doom Monger

Which goal, Cap?

I can remember him playing an outstanding pass to Cash. Infact, was that the one which he passed to Lolley who then put his cross in the back of the next?

If so i'll add him.
    At home, versus Hull.
    Samba played an inch perfect clearance to Grabban, who laid it off to Ameobi who skinned the defender (Stuart Downing, went to the by-line and laid the ball across for Grabban.
    I don't know if it counts as a true secondary assist, but it ought to as it was brilliant!

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    We could potentially look at not risking Grabban for this one. If we actually had another striker.
    Play a 4-3-3 with a front 3 of Mighten, Johnson and Keith Asare.
    Have a midfield 3 of Cash, Sow and Lolley.
    A back 4 of Jenkinson, Figuerido, Worrall and Ribiero.

That'll sort it!

Miserable bastard

Play a 4-3-3 with a front 3 of Mighten, Johnson and Keith Asare.
    Have a midfield 3 of Cash, Sow and Lolley.
    A back 4 of Jenkinson, Figuerido, Worrall and Ribiero.

That'll sort it!
    That line up would cause Twittergeddon.

At home, versus Hull.
    Samba played an inch perfect clearance to Grabban, who laid it off to Ameobi who skinned the defender (Stuart Downing, went to the by-line and laid the ball across for Grabban.
    I don't know if it counts as a true secondary assist, but it ought to as it was brilliant!
    Unfortunately that doesn't count by how I record it. I agree he's provided that and other great long passes. But I just do it to very strict circumstance, so there's no ambiguity.

I have an inkling Dawson may come back in for this one.

Switching Ribeiro to LB would give Chema a rest and Lolley needs to start:

Samba.
    Cash, Dawson, Worrall, Ribeiro.
    Silva, Watson, Sow.
    Lolley, Grabban, Ameobi.

I'd like to see Alex Mighten get some time this weekend, ideal opportunity for him especially if we can manage to have our noses in front by a couple

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WSM EXILE View Post
    I'd like to see Alex Mighten get some time this weekend, ideal opportunity for him especially if we can manage to have our noses in front by a couple

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I nearly exploded in anger when Adomah was about to come on, before Jenkinson had to cos of injury. Perfect time to get Mighten on to show a lack of fear and just take the game to Reading and make something happening.

Senior Doom Monger

Unfortunately that doesn't count by how I record it. I agree he's provided that and other great long passes. But I just do it to very strict circumstance, so there's no ambiguity.
    Absolutely the right approach to take...
    It just seemed hard on Samba who with his distribution has set up more positive attacks than Senor Carvalho!

It's Forest, so expected us to make hard work of it.

All the talk of who to rest and which youngsters to play smacks somewhat of complacency too. I hope for once we can actually put a weak team to the sword, rather than shooting ourselves in the foot.

12 o'clock kick off, bag of fucking wank.