Thread: Sergio Oliveira

Default Sergio Oliveira

27 year-old Porto attacking-midfielder

https://twitter.com/PsoccerCOM/statu...903666177?s=20

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Sergio Oliveira

I saw it yesterday on twitter, but the source did not seem trustworthy (a British guy claiming that Derby made a 2m bid for Brice Samba...).

Exactly the sort of midfielder I would chose, but not necessarily someone Lamouchi would chose. He played for PAOK on loan last season and he was instrumental in their success. They desperately wanted to keep him, reportedly made a 5m bid, but Porto wanted more. He will be cheaper this season, because he yet again failed to make it at Porto, due to an injuury in the beginning of the seasaon. A product of Porto's academy, he has been on loan almost throughout his career.

A very technical midfielder, good control of the ball, very good link up play between the midfield and attacking players, always available for a pass, often steps into the box, good shot from outside the box. He does not shy away from a challenge, but pace is not his strong point. The quintessential box-to-box midfielder.

If you're looking for more possession of the ball and better passing game, he's a good choice. If you're looking for a better and pacier Yates just to break up the opponent's game, he's probably not your man.

Account removed

Looks too much like Henri Lansbury.

Definite no from me

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I saw it yesterday on twitter, but the source did not seem trustworthy (a British guy claiming that Derby made a 2m bid for Brice Samba...).

Exactly the sort of midfielder I would chose, but not necessarily someone Lamouchi would chose. He played for PAOK on loan last season and he was instrumental in their success. They desperately wanted to keep him, reportedly made a 5m bid, but Porto wanted more. He will be cheaper this season, because he yet again failed to make it at Porto, due to an injuury in the beginning of the seasaon. A product of Porto's academy, he has been on loan almost throughout his career.

A very technical midfielder, good control of the ball, very good link up play between the midfield and attacking players, always available for a pass, often steps into the box, good shot from outside the box. He does not shy away from a challenge, but pace is not his strong point. The quintessential box-to-box midfielder.

If you're looking for more possession of the ball and better passing game, he's a good choice. If you're looking for a better and pacier Yates just to break up the opponent's game, he's probably not your man.
    Exactly the type of midfielder I think we should be going for judging from your description.

Account removed

Is he another one on Mendes books?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Doesn't look like it; his agency is SBSFoot, they only have a handful of about 10 clients. Only link to us I can see is one of the clients is an ex-Olympiacos manager, Vitor Pereira.

Looks like he should have a yoga based instagram account.

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Looks like he should have a yoga based instagram account.
    Thank God, I'd not be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Not that I know of; Modesto and co. will know him from the Greek League.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

He's played 148 league minutes all season (1 start, 3 subs). It'd likely take until season end for him to get sharp enough to be able to contribute significantly to this campaign for us.

Which would mean it'd be a pointless loan, unless we loan with an option to sign in the Summer.

Hope that the club is starting to think these things through, as opposed to the awful loan strategy it's implemented this year.

Don't buy it.

We've already got £13m worth of that sort of player. Would be better to utilise than a loan.

Still think we're in for a Sow backup. If that sort of player comes in your deeper lying mids are Sow, Watson, Silva and another, which still leaves Carvalho available to slot in at #10 if needed.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    He's played 148 league minutes all season (1 start, 3 subs). It'd likely take until season end for him to get sharp enough to be able to contribute significantly to this campaign for us.

Which would mean it'd be a pointless loan, unless we loan with an option to sign in the Summer.

Hope that the club is starting to think these things through, as opposed to the awful loan strategy it's implemented this year.
    531 mins in all comps though, might not be ideal but still more than Glenn Murray or Dwight Gayle have had this season.

oopsy daisy!

Does our scouting team have a special discount rate for flights to Lisbon?

Account removed

Is he related to Nelson.

Alf will be creaming his pants if he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    531 mins in all comps though, might not be ideal but still more than Glenn Murray or Dwight Gayle have had this season.
    None of those comps come close to replicating the league & job required here, whereas Murray & Gayle have years of experience doing similar jobs at various clubs. It's chalk & cheese.

We seriously may as well keep Semedo here. He's not great but at least he's had several months being conditioned to the league already and has a few goals in his locker.

Very good midfielder, I doubt there are possibilities for this to happen because you aren't desperate for this kind of player unless carvalho is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Don't buy it.

We've already got £13m worth of that sort of player. Would be better to utilise than a loan.

Still think we're in for a Sow backup. If that sort of player comes in your deeper lying mids are Sow, Watson, Silva and another, which still leaves Carvalho available to slot in at #10 if needed.
    Oliveira is a Sow backup. Different type, same position. He has nothing to do whatsoever with Carvalho.

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    You aren't desperate for this kind of player unless carvalho is leaving
    Oliveira is a Sow backup. Different type, same position. He has nothing to do whatsoever with Carvalho.
    Que.jpg

Was assuming by what I read that he played more advanced than Sow. Would that not make him a Silva backup then if he plays in same position to Sow but a different role?

We miss Sow's physicality and breakup play when he's not playing. It's that I would like cover for, not a ball playing deeper mid. Push comes to shove Watson and Silva are the deep lying playmakers and if one of them gets injured there's still options without entering the loan market. If Sow gets injured there aren't many options, Yates gets drafted in as a direct replacement but isn't anywhere near the same quality.

I obviously disagree.
    Oliveira is not a 10 but an 8, of course not a direct replacement of carvalho, but there is no room for him if carvalho and silva stay in forest.
    Sow is not a similar player and Oliveira cannot break balls and put pressure and tackles like Sow at all

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Was assuming by what I read that he played more advanced than Sow. Would that not make him a Silva backup then if he plays in same position to Sow but a different role?

We miss Sow's physicality and breakup play when he's not playing. It's that I would like cover for, not a ball playing deeper mid. Push comes to shove Watson and Silva are the deep lying playmakers and if one of them gets injured there's still options without entering the loan market. If Sow gets injured there aren't many options, Yates gets drafted in as a direct replacement but isn't anywhere near the same quality.
    I agree. Oliveira cannot play the part Sow does.

Oliveira plays exactly in Bostock's spaces

I obviously disagree.
    Oliveira is not a 10 but an 8, of course not a direct replacement of carvalho, but there is no room for him if carvalho and silva stay in forest.
    Sow is not a similar player and Oliveira cannot break balls and put pressure and tackles like Sow at all
    I agree.

I agree. Oliveira cannot play the part Sow does.

Oliveira plays exactly in Bostock's spaces
    I disagree.

If he plays as an 8 then to me it would suggest Bostock is leaving.

With Watson, Silva, Semedo, Sow, Yates and Oliveira all as deeper lying central midfielders then there's no need for Bostock as well.

Those six players are enough to field either a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-2-3-1 (with Carvalho) in it.