Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Che Adams

London Red

Default Re: Che Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    If those figures are true then this is absolutely the signing to go all out for.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk
    100%

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If those figures are true then this is absolutely the signing to go all out for.

Putting ourselves in hot water financially means that this is a signing we should have no business whatsoever in going for.

If we spent £11m on a player and don't go up this season we'd be crippled in the transfer market next season unless we sold our better players. And that's a best case scenario assuming that we don't breach FFP.

I honestly don't know why people expect us to make signings like this.

More chance to landing gerry adams to be fair..

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Putting ourselves in hot water financially means that this is a signing we should have no business whatsoever in going for.

If we spent £11m on a player and don't go up this season we'd be crippled in the transfer market next season unless we sold our better players. And that's a best case scenario assuming that we don't breach FFP.

I honestly don't know why people expect us to make signings like this.
    Where do you get the breach of FFP from? We made money in the Summer from our outgoings and we were very conservative in the amount spent.

The £10M would also be amortised over the length of his contract which would likely be 3 or 4 years. This only represents £2.5/£3M a year in the accounts. For a player of his age and quality this represents fantastic value.

Quote Originally Posted by George cooney View Post
    More chance to landing gerry adams to be fair..
    James McLean would follow

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    James McLean would follow
    The next bomb squad.

Where do you get the breach of FFP from? We made money in the Summer from our outgoings and we were very conservative in the amount spent.

The £10M would also be amortised over the length of his contract which would likely be 3 or 4 years. This only represents £2.5/£3M a year in the accounts. For a player of his age and quality this represents fantastic value.

We had a big spend the summer before, and a bloated squad of players (many of which we are still paying transfer fees and wages for; something I feel is often missed when people make their expensive transfer wish lists). If we spent £11m on a player (plus wages), we'd be very close to the FFP limit even if we didn't break it. Even if we didn't breach FFP spending £11m on Adams, we almost certainly won't be able to do any other business this window and will be heavily restricted in the summer.

We don't have the finances to sign players for eight figure sums, hence why we didn't do so in the summer (when it is better to make those kinds of deals) and won't do so in this window either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    We had a big spend the summer before, and a bloated squad of players (many of which we are still paying transfer fees and wages for; something I feel is often missed when people make their expensive transfer wish lists). If we spent £11m on a player (plus wages), we'd be very close to the FFP limit even if we didn't break it. Even if we didn't breach FFP spending £11m on Adams, we almost certainly won't be able to do any other business this window and will be heavily restricted in the summer.

We don't have the finances to sign players for eight figure sums, hence why we didn't do so in the summer (when it is better to make those kinds of deals) and won't do so in this window either.
    can we sell the city ground to Marinakis ? seems the done thing now