Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Can Forest win in December?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - 7-1 might be beyond us but even 1-0 will do

5 23.81%
  • No - but we can hold out for another draw

4 19.05%
  • 70% possession; lose

10 47.62%
  • SL decides he needs to start as our playmaker

2 9.52%
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 22: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday, Saturday 14th Dec 2019

Default Re: Matchday 22: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday, Saturday 14th Dec 2019

We've been grinding out results - make 1 change today and put Carv on for Lolley - result? - spanked by half time.

I know everyone loves Carv and want to think he's Messi MkII - but he isn't. He's closer to Abdoun MkII.

Sorry but he needs selling/moving along with Amoebaiobi, Semedo, Mir, Muric, Dawson, Darikwa, Hefele, and a pile of others, to be replaced by a handful of decent players.

Otherwise Pavarotti will bebringing the curtain down on SL and we'll be back into the crazy world of the manager merry go round.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Matchday 22: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday, Saturday 14th Dec 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Think you could have put 11 Forest cardboard cut outs on the pitch 2cnd half Oats.

Weds wasn't interested in getting any more goals..... Thank god.
    Admittedly, they did take the foot-off-the-gas a little Ray, but they still committed enough players forward at times to try and get more.

My fear at half-time was that our lot would still try and get a consolation goal-or-two and they would then just pick us off and get five, six or seven in the process. Staying (relatively) compact and trying to get through the rest of the game without further damage was the best approach.

Thankfully I didn't see that shit today, but sometimes in football you just play like a set of twats and get battered. Not acceptable, but it happens. Dropping points to Millwall and Boro on the grand scheme of things was more problematic.

I understand SL wanting to force the issue at home but you have got to work the formation to the players you have at your disposal. Not the other way around. If that means the sit back and hit that's been working away from home then so be it.

We had built a solid defensive foundation while Robbo was at left back because that's what he is, a left back. The recent formation tweaking has seen that foundation shattered.

1. Pushing his starting position further forward was asking for trouble and hasn't worked over the last few matches. It's causing Watson to drop even deeper(as if that was possible) to cover the back line and losing the midfield battle
    2. Dawson cannot continue with that sort of performance. Both Figgy and Cheema would I'm sure have put in better showings today.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTT View Post
    We've been grinding out results - make 1 change today and put Carv on for Lolley - result? - spanked by half time.

I know everyone loves Carv and want to think he's Messi MkII - but he isn't. He's closer to Abdoun MkII.

Sorry but he needs selling/moving along with Amoebaiobi, Semedo, Mir, Muric, Dawson, Darikwa, Hefele, and a pile of others, to be replaced by a handful of decent players.

Otherwise Pavarotti will bebringing the curtain down on SL and we'll be back into the crazy world of the manager merry go round.
    He had a poor game but was no worse than anyone else - he at least worked their 'keeper with the only decent shot we had all afternoon.

To even suggest that Carvalho's inclusion was the primary reason for that result is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    He had a poor game but was no worse than anyone else - he at least worked their 'keeper with the only decent shot we had all afternoon.

To even suggest that Carvalho's inclusion was the primary reason for that result is ludicrous.
    He was banging the same drum all match Otis, as if Carv shat on his doorstep this morning.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post

Lose 4-0 at home and it's the attacking midfielder's fault. Jesus wept. I've seen it all now.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Lose 4-0 at home and it's the attacking midfielder's fault. Jesus wept. I've seen it all now.
    He did leave Robinson exposed. But Robinson was awful anyway and I don’t think it would have made a difference whoever was in front of him.
    It wasn’t by any stretch the only part of the pitch we utterly surrendered.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    He did leave Robinson exposed. But Robinson was awful anyway and I don稚 think it would have made a difference whoever was in front of him.
    It wasn稚 by any stretch the only part of the pitch we utterly surrendered.
    The back four looked like they'd just met in the car park in the first half.

The Foam Hand

The back four looked like they'd just met in the Poets Corner in the first half.
    FTFY.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    The back four looked like they'd just met on Forest Rec, and Dawson had shared his White Lightning with the other three in the first half.
    FTFY.
    Fixed your fix....

Last edited by congo_red; 14-12-19 at 22:21.

Where's me hammer?

Id say the back 4 looked like Dianne Abbott had put their boots on for em.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

Well, I知 in Nottingham, so I知 going to have a good weekend even if the football tries to spoil it.
    I知 starting with a coffee at 200 degrees.
    And I知 now ending the day with some fine beers at the Barrel Drop.
    Can I just ignore the football happened?

And I知 now ending the day with some fine beers at the Barrel Drop.
    Can I just ignore the football happened?
    Game was postponed today. Carry on, nothing to see here

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by eugenboppboppbopp View Post
    Game was postponed today. Carry on, nothing to see here
    Sweet.

But...wait...where was I between 2:45 and 5:15? Did I get off my tits again?

Unless folk are super keen I'm minded to skip Fan comments. Today wasn't fun and the prospect of wasting through their forums...

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    Unless folk are super keen I'm minded to skip Fan comments. Today wasn't fun and the prospect of wasting through their forums...
    I’m willing to give you a free pass.

account deleted

I didn't watch as I was drinking a bucket of cold vomit

Heard we we rubbish?

Worrall was playing really well when he was coupled with Figs. Figs did nothing wrong but gets dropped and Dawson comes back in. I think what's happened is Dawson has to took the lead and its knackered Worrall's game up whereas when Figs was there with Worrall, Joe bossed it

If it aint broke dont fix it no matter who the player

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by AwayDays View Post
    Worrall was playing really well when he was coupled with Figs. Figs did nothing wrong but gets dropped and Dawson comes back in. I think what's happened is Dawson has to took the lead and its knackered Worrall's game up whereas when Figs was there with Worrall, Joe bossed it

If it aint broke dont fix it no matter who the player
    Tough call though, because Worrall and Dawson were playing just as well, as a pair, prior to Daws injury. I can see the logic on trying to get done experience back in after conceeding soft goals against Milwall and a soft penalty against ‘Boro.

Forum Tactician

Tough to find any words of encouragement after that. Another shit day at the office going forward plus we're now conspiring to leak at the back.

Obvious after 10 mins of Wednesday pressure, they new what we were about & were going to give us a kicking.

Incredibly pedestrian in our movement, Wednesday taught us a lesson in taking the ball on the half turn & moving forward, none of our lot run into space in favour of standing still & passing backwards.

Just to compound things, theyre looked a lack of heart for the battle.

Extremely poor. Worst performance I can remember.

Don’t blame you Calvin.

account deleted

Worst team they've played

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Worst team they've played
    Worst team we've fucking played too.

The Foam Hand

I’m a quarter of my way down a bottle of Bowmore and still feel pissed off.

Don’t do it to me Forest, not again.