Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: local info for trip to Bristol City

Default local info for trip to Bristol City

From a Bristol City follower,hope as many of you can make the journey on saturday 23rd November

Firstly THERE WILL NO PAY ON THE DAY and this will NOT be changed

Coming by road.

Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
    YOU WILL GET LOST
    If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
    It looks the long way round but its quicker.
    Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
    If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads

Good train times as most trains from the North as well as the London direction arrive at quarter past the hour and quarter to the hour
    it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way
    You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side
    When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
    as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
    Any less you want to look at the John Atyeo statue

Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
    We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line.
    Split train tickets are available to Bristol(parson street)

If there are at least three of you arriving by train get a taxi
    Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
    The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
    Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
    Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
    Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
    Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.

Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
    Please circulate to any other football forums and footy fans you may deem fit

Radio commentary should be on BBC radio Bristol on DAB

We now have two big screens at the Gate,
    so if you have bad eyesight sit on the far left hand side as you look at the pitch.
    The match is shown while the game is in play and some replays but no controversial incidents.

If you need any further info,don't be afraid to ask.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Doom Monger

Default Re: local info for trip to Bristol City

Now that is a very useful post from the hosts!
    Would it be considered to copycat if we did something similar?

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by trentforest View Post

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
    Stopped reading at this.

any football at Ashton Gate, advisable to bring along your own neck brace.

I can agree with negotiating the city at busy times. I drove across from the Memorial Ground to Ashton Gate early on a Sunday morning and it was a nightmare then so heaven knows what it would be like later in the day. Then actually trying to find the ground when you know you are there in the vicinity is difficult, too.

And my mate Terry Bush has died (last year, so no need for condolences), spare a thought for those who have gone to a better place (possibly). Just a general thought, we're so concerned at times with our own problems and existence we forget others.

I'm going to this and will be following exactly the same routine as every other time I've gone recently.

Arrive at Temple Meads station, where I will collect my pre-hired Brompton (yes, I know Bryn)

https://www.bromptonbikehire.com/doc...l-temple-meads

Before cycling the couple of miles to the ground.

Piece of piss and great ammunition if you have to lob it at some oiks!

just a nudge about the sale of tickets,as your home this saturday lunch time

See below for Forest fans at Ashton Gate over the last few years
    2015/16 993 on a friday night
    2016/17 1,429
    2017/18 1,267
    2018/19 can't find the figure for last season,unless anyone does know

The away attendance last year was a sell out, we had an additional allocation, I think it was first away game of the season and was in excess ox 2300

I went to Bristol C v Forest in 78-79. I’d been to Lester and Direby away seasons before so it was first game outside East Mids. Think I fell in love with watching Forest away that day. Will always hold a special place in my heart.

just found the attendance it was 2,696.