Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,986

    Default The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Be warned, this is a world where where Rock music doesn't destroy youth, where animal cruelty should be met with a death sentence, where modern medical care is little more than a business, and where Billy Davies was just a good, misunderstood football manager and not Satan.

    Up first, Greta. A very marmite figure, but she has some points and is very passionate........




  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    BD wasn't Satan , he was a good manager. Was, past tense. Isn't now, very probably has mental health issues that should be understood and not ridiculed.


  4. #3

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Yes, fair point.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Greta's a busted flush IMO


  6. #5

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    I kind of agree with much of what she says but she doesn't half get on my fucking tits.


  7. #6
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47,803

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I kind of agree with much of what she says but she doesn't half get on my fucking tits.
    The very definition of "Pot kettle" right here

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  8. #7

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The very definition of "Pot kettle" right here

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    You don't agree with anything that I say, no fucker does.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    1,390

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    You don't agree with anything that I say, no fucker does.
    I don’t agree Wes...


  10. #9
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,986

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    This is fucking brilliant, the harsh brutal nature of nature played out in a comically cute & funny way by pingu's who act like Silv & Maureen after 5 pints on a Sat night at the local working man's...........



    Love it when Harold shakes his head at the two bods squaring up over him


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    1,390

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Be warned, this is a world where where Rock music doesn't destroy youth, where animal cruelty should be met with a death sentence, where modern medical care is little more than a business, and where Billy Davies was just a good, misunderstood football manager and not Satan.

    Up first, Greta. A very marmite figure, but she has some points and is very passionate........







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,767

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    You don't agree with anything that I say, no fucker does.
    In all honesty can you blame them?

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  13. #12

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    In all honesty can you blame them?
    God no.


  14. #13
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,986

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Interesting vid. Folk pretending to kidnap a young kid, and the difference in attitude & actions between the US & China is an eye opener!.......




  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,356

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Interesting vid. Folk pretending to kidnap a young kid, and the difference in attitude & actions between the US & China is an eye opener!.......

    I'm sorry Alf, I'm calling bullshit.

    It's a well known fact that Americans don't walk anywhere, so what the fuck was the bloke in the first scene doing coming to her rescue in that manner.

    As for the Chinese, they're just *****.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Interesting vid. Folk pretending to kidnap a young kid, and the difference in attitude & actions between the US & China is an eye opener!.......

    To be honest I'm sure there are people in every country who would intervene and people who wouldn't. And I'm sure for the American one there were times when people didn't.

    We'd all like to think we'd help but the fact is we don't know how we'd react until we're put in the situation.


  17. #16
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,986

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Yeah, on one hand are these cherry picked vids used to paint an agenda, or are they actually a fair representation of what's happening?


  18. #17
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,900

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post

    As for the Chinese, they're just *****.
    ...a Great bunch of lads?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  19. #18
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,720

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Be warned, this is a world where where Rock music doesn't destroy youth, where animal cruelty should be met with a death sentence, where modern medical care is little more than a business, and where Billy Davies was just a good, misunderstood football manager and not Satan.

    Up first, Greta. A very marmite figure, but she has some points and is very passionate........

    What Putin said was spot on. Poorer countries in Africa and Asia want to be as rich as Sweden and benefit from the same level of wealth that young Greta does. She wants to deny them that right.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,356

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    ...a Great bunch of lads?
    When I used to work out there, all they ever did is want to have their photo taken with you, regardless of what you were doing.

    ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

    On the plus side the companies we worked with would send you a hooker to your room every night for your entertainment. The lad I worked with was in love with his Belgium girlfriend, so like a greedy fucker I made sure I took advantage of both girls

    In some of the provincial cities we worked in it literally was the only entertainment around, 15 years ago.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,356

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    What Putin said was spot on. Poorer countries in Africa and Asia want to be as rich as Sweden and benefit from the same level of wealth that young Greta does. She wants to deny them that right.
    No she doesn't want to deny anyone that right at all, but wealth and the opportunities it affords doesn't have to come from fossil fuels.

    It might have built wealth in the 20th century, but at a long term cost that is unsustainable to both the global population and the planet.

    All that Putin is doing is ensuring he stays rich with comments like that, he certainly doesn't care for Africans.


  22. #21
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,720

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    No she doesn't want to deny anyone that right at all, but wealth and the opportunities it affords doesn't have to come from fossil fuels.

    It might have built wealth in the 20th century, but at a long term cost that is unsustainable to both the global population and the planet.

    All that Putin is doing is ensuring he stays rich with comments like that, he certainly doesn't care for Africans.
    Of course, and I’m no fan of Putin. I’m not judging what he said based on his intentions, only on it’s accuracy. There’s something unsavoury about kids in rich and already developed countries pontificating to people in the developing world.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,356

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Of course, and I’m no fan of Putin. I’m not judging what he said based on his intentions, only on it’s accuracy. There’s something unsavoury about kids in rich and already developed countries pontificating to people in the developing world.
    I don't think she is pontificating, she's certainly far more truthful than all the politicians, CEO's fat cats happily screwing the world over, including you, making everyone believe that they are living in some kind of technological utopia.

    She isn't saying lets go back to the dark ages, or that people can't fly or drive if they genuinely need to, but there is a vast degree of uncontrolled travel that is needless. It's not about stopping carbon emissions, but getting it to the level where the various natural stores of carbon can do their thing, like trees, while still allowing the global population to have a more equal share of the propsperity than they do now.

    I personally think that should be applauded rather than selfishly thinking purely about yourself.

    The alternative doesn't bear thinking about, both in the short term, but especially in another 50 years plus.


  24. #23
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,720

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I don't think she is pontificating, she's certainly far more truthful than all the politicians, CEO's fat cats happily screwing the world over, including you, making everyone believe that they are living in some kind of technological utopia.

    She isn't saying lets go back to the dark ages, or that people can't fly or drive if they genuinely need to, but there is a vast degree of uncontrolled travel that is needless. It's not about stopping carbon emissions, but getting it to the level where the various natural stores of carbon can do their thing, like trees, while still allowing the global population to have a more equal share of the propsperity than they do now.

    I personally think that should be applauded rather than selfishly thinking purely about yourself.

    The alternative doesn't bear thinking about, both in the short term, but especially in another 50 years plus.
    I'm not selfishly thinking about myself.

    Always the self righteous moralising.

    I'm talking about the billions of people in the world who live in poverty in the developing world.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,356

    Default Re: The Righteous Truth From Alf-world

    Pfft.....

    Whatever.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •