Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Anigo - Head of International Recruitment

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Jose Anigo - Head of International Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    O'Neill signed him?
    28th June Martin gets the tin tack.
    9th July Muric signs.
    Muric was initially recommended by Seamus McDonagh, and MO'N endorsed him Wes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    That's conclusive then.

Despite it being written about by a source that is no more official than this forum the fact is that Martin O'Neill wasn't signing players after he had left.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Seamus McDonagh initially recommended him, and MO'N endorsed him Wes.
    They may have Otis but Martin O'Neill didn't sign him.

True, but they must've decided to trust his judgement.

True, but they must've decided to trust his judgement.
    I'm not having that Otis.
    Since Marinakas bought us our managers have had very little input into transfers. This situation has become more rigid as time goes on so I see no reason why he would sign a player on the say so of a manager who he didn't trust to manage the club.
    You like to deal in facts Otis, I'm giving you facts against speculation and rumour.

Since Marinakas bought us our managers have had very little input into transfers. This situation has become more rigid as time goes on so I see no reason why he would sign a player on the say so of a manager who he didn't trust to manage the club.
    You like to deal in facts Otis, I'm giving you facts against speculation and rumour.
    That's fair enough Wes, but as far as I'm aware the facts (from an impeccable source in my opinion) are that McDonagh encounted Muric whilst on a goalkeeper coaching programme at Manchester City prior to reuniting with O'Neill at the CG. He subsequently recommended Muric as a potential signing and they both watched him in action for Kosovo, following which a deal was arranged with City for him to sign on loan for us.

It's obvious now that MON was never going to be in charge for the start of this season yet was allowed to plan pre season and if it's true sign players. Seems strange.

The facts are that Muric was demonstrably on O'Neill's radar before he was fired, hence it was reported in the press as a done deal on July 27, and that Lamouchi decided he wanted yet another keeper as soon as he came aboard, which is why you were linked with Samba from July 30.

The bit about managers having very little impact on transfers is an estimate, not a fact. Not a very accurate one in my opinion (I'd say managers have a less decisive role than in the prevalent managerial model), but my opinion is just that, opinion, such as yours.

The facts are that Muric was demonstrably on O'Neill's radar before he was fired, hence it was reported in the press as a done deal on July 27, and that Lamouchi decided he wanted yet another keeper as soon as he came aboard, which is why you were linked with Samba from July 30.

The bit about managers having very little impact on transfers is an estimate, not a fact. Not a very accurate one in my opinion (I'd say managers have a less decisive role than in the prevalent managerial model), but my opinion is just that, opinion, such as yours.
    Facts pal, not conjecture.
    Unless of course you have inside information?

So, stating that managers have very little impact under the new regime is a fact, whereas deducing from observable facts is a conjecture. This could turn into an interesting philosophical discussion. But it will not.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    It's obvious now that MON was never going to be in charge for the start of this season yet was allowed to plan pre season and if it's true sign players. Seems strange.
    Unless of course they were targets that the recruitment people agreed with, which would appear to be the case with Muric and Ameobi. In fact, Tommy Johnson has confirmed that he worked with Modesto to bring in Ameobi.

So, stating that managers have very little impact under the new regime is a fact, whereas deducing from observable facts is a conjecture. This could turn into an interesting philosophical discussion. But it will not.
    O'Neill signed him?
    28th June Martin gets the tin tack.
    9th July Muric signs.
    The only fact in town.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

I'd sooner the club have signed Muric as a shit signing, than be stupid enough to be considering sacking a manager, then sacking him, then signing a player he was after he's gone.

The first suggests poor recruitment from 1 new member of staff. Something we can live with. The latter suggests an absolute cluster fuck of misorganization throughout the club as a whole.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 18-11-19 at 16:43.

It's been regularly reported that managers have an input on signings. Not absolute control, not no say whatsoever, somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    It's been regularly reported that managers have an input on signings. Not absolute control, not no say whatsoever, somewhere in the middle.

So the likelihood of Martin O'Neill signing Muric a couple of weeks after he had left are somewhere between slim and non-existent then?

So the likelihood of Martin O'Neill signing Muric a couple of weeks after he had left are somewhere between slim and non-existent then?
    I have no idea. I don't think it's implausible that he recommended Muric and the club liked the suggestion and pressed on with it after he left, though.

There's photographic evidence of O'Neill and McDonagh watching Muric in action in Kosovo. Whatever anyone may think of O'Neill, he's first-and-foremost his own man, and definitely not someone who will dance to another's tune by accepting an instruction to watch a player he doesn't approve of.

There's photographic evidence of O'Neill and McDonagh watching Muric in action in Kosovo. Whatever anyone may think of O'Neill, he's first-and-foremost his own man, and definitely not someone who will dance to another's tune by accepting an instruction to watch a player he doesn't approve of.
    The point made by GBG was that Martin signed Muric, do you believe that he signed a player 2 weeks after he left?

The point made by GBG was that Martin signed Muric, do you believe that he signed a player 2 weeks after he left?
    No, I don't believe that Wes. I believe that Project Zeus get's it right in that the club were favourable to O'Neill's/McDonagh's recommendation and so proceeded with the deal regardless of their departure.

No, I don't believe that Wes. I believe that Project Zeus get's it right in that the club were favourable to O'Neill's/McDonagh's recommendation and so proceeded with the deal regardless of their departure.
    That's all that I'm saying pal.
    My objection was the signing of Muric being used as a stick to beat Martin with, it was unfair and untrue.
    Maybe the absence of Seamus has had a negative effect on Muric?

That's all that I'm saying pal.
    My objection was the signing of Muric being used as a stick to beat Martin with, it was unfair and untrue.
    Maybe the absence of Seamus has had a negative effect on Muric?
    You make a good point. After all, and albeit for a fairly brief period, McDonagh probably worked closely with the lad at Man City.

I’ve scored against Seamus mcdonagh.

With my left foot.

Good for you.

Correct, here he is watching Muric.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk