Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Take Stock....

Hybrid View

Default Lets Take Stock....

Mentioned by many other posters in different threads, but I do enjoy a list. So as we head into the second international break of the campaign, now seems a good time to reflect on August till now.

Almost a quarter of the way through, and half way to being able to add more fire power to the squad,and we lie in second place on goal difference only.

Unbeaten in ten games.

We have scored in every league fixture.

We blew away our arch rivals in a floodlit cup match by the Trent.

We recruited heavily in the summer but in Samba, Sow, Silva, Ribeiro and Adomah we have bought in players that have made an immediate impact, which is a much higher success rate than we are used to.

Others such as Carl Jenkinson, John Bostock and Rafael Mir could still conceivably make a real impact are yet to really get going.

For the first time I can remember since probably Frank Clarke, we have a manager really capable of obtaining points from subs or tactical changes. Sounds daft, but I can't really remember this to much effect with anyone else, but we already have quite a few points from subs.

We set up really well and look great away from home.

We have our best goal keeper since the 1990's in my opinion.

We still have a core of academy graduates involved.

The squad is busting its gut to play and earn points, and it really looks like having that cartoon tree with the river running under it on your shirt, really means something again. For that I am the most grateful, I can forgive a lack of talent, it's not your fault what other scouts or managers saw in you, but I can't forgive a lack of effort.

OK the atmosphere still isn't great, and if anything over time now I think the lower bridgford thing has probably made it worse, although society is changing and most grounds aren't what they once were in this respect. Football isn't linked to the sub cultures and music etc. it used to be and the atmosphere has suffered, having said that we are getting plenty through the gates so we are at least ensuring this great club of ours will have the next generations of the city still invested in it.

We have had no off field drivel from either players or chairman. In fact our chairman has been pretty low key in general. Much rather talk about points and players than other staff.

I think this is the most positive I and many others have been about Forest in a long, long, long time. This may not be the year, we shall see, but at least we aren't a laughing stock any more, and are rising up.

Enjoy the international break, things are headed in the right direction!

Last edited by Vance_Warner; 07-10-19 at 10:22.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

To add to the list of posistives, we're doing all the above and neither Lolley nor Carva have been really firing yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    To add to the list of posistives, we're doing all the above and neither Lolley nor Carva have been really firing yet either.
    Lolley definitely not at his best, but he's offered bits and pieces.

Carvalho has done fuck all. I'm getting sick of him. No more excuses. He needs to start showing a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor_82 View Post
    Lolley definitely not at his best, but he's offered bits and pieces.

Carvalho has done fuck all. I'm getting sick of him. No more excuses. He needs to start showing a lot more.
    Carva was another getting slagged off on Sat along with Grabban

It's a strange one, I think you do have to allow for his injury and fact that this is actually his pre-season now.

But I'd like to think that he'll return after the international break a more at it, and at very least able to play more than 60min without needing to come off.

Menior Sember

If we're taking Stock we should take Aitken and Waterman as well

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    If we're taking Stock we should take Aitken and Waterman as well
    Any room for lock & barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    xcxccxc.jpg

ccscs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    You don't want Barrel, he's always off smoking somewhere

Agree with that Vance. I too feel good about the club at the moment, both on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance_Warner View Post

OK the atmosphere still isn't great, and if anything over time now I think the lower bridgford thing has probably made it worse,
    What's the Lower Bridgford thing you refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    What's the Lower Bridgford thing you refer to?
    Reducing the capacity for away fans.

Always rated Brian Stock from his donny days, but think he might be past it now

But in all seriousness, it’s been a brilliant start far surpassing my own and anyone else I know expectation. I just really hope Grabban can stay fit till January, as that is the one Achilles heal that seems most likely to derail a promotion push. Get to January and either get Tyler back or invest in another striker.

Impressive member

At the start of the season I was concerned that the tough fixture list, coupled with a relatively inexperienced manager, would see Sabri out of a job by November. That clearly isn't going to happen. The fact he has us at joint top, factoring in the teams we've played so far, is nothing short of miraculous. I was disappointed Karanka left but in 11 games Sabri has proved that his appointment was an astute one.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Senior Doom Monger

We seem to be no longer "under the radar".
    The football world is starting to take notice.
    I know that they are just stupid press stories, but there is talk of Sabri being a possible contender for a managerial job with a Premiership side, once there is a vacancy.
    Everton & Newcastle both tipped.
    However, for what it's worth, I think these are groundless speculations.
    At the end of August we were talking about a promising, but a muted start, but now we are talking about unbeaten runs, not yet playing at full potential and feeling optimistic.
    I wonder if come the end of November we will be talking about how we are now playing superbly, or about how we have let things slip!
    I love the Championship... and I love my Forest!

oopsy daisy!

We're doing fantastically well. Long may it continue!

A remarkable turnaround in form right across the club.

If I'm honest, I watched the game against West Brom and first half against Leeds.. I felt we're were in for another poor season. Sabri however has shown himself to be an incredibly capable manager.

Bought in just the right calibre of players, not just through their ability but also attitude. We've got some real leaders on the pitch in Samba, Worrall, Dawson, Watson.. Several others I'm sure.

Great to go into the international break siting so pretty, but will leave me wanting more until the 20th!

Good post V_W.

Often in Calvin's much loved 'opposition supporters views' they comment we "don't look much" and to a good part I agree. We are not exciting or inspiring but we certainly have become hardy. Any team that can keep that up can fair well in the Championship.

And when it comes to depth of talent we are certainly no onion with many layers to peel away. BUT - and this is a big but - the way Lamouchi has set his stall out and has the team playing, I am becoming more and more confident that should injuries strike, his methods WILL be capable of papering over such cracks and keep us in the running unless fate was really unkind to him.

He's now taken 10pts from 12 against teams that if you're going to succeed you really should be able to beat - he's more than passing my 'acid test' on that score. Next one would be if we lost a couple on the trot... how big are the teams hearts to bounce back and not lose faith? I'm sure Sabri would take it all in his stride so hopefully he'd install such calm into the team as well.

All in all, I reckon losing a couple on the trot would test this forums nerves a lot more than it would Lamouchi's. I'd say that was a 'gimme'.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    All in all, I reckon losing a couple on the trot would test this forums nerves a lot more than it would Lamouchi's. I'd say that was a 'gimme'.
    This will be the real test because inevitability we will lose a couple on the spin, it's very rare that any side doesn't. We will learn a hell of a lot about him and the team then, I the positive thing is I do get the feeling we would come out of it fairly quickly because of that beautiful French bastard.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    This will be the real test because inevitability we will lose a couple on the spin, it's very rare that any side doesn't. We will learn a hell of a lot about him and the team then, I the positive thing is I do get the feeling we would come out of it fairly quickly because of that beautiful French bastard.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk
    Yes, the signs are good Notcher. The proof would be in the pudding of course.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    The proof would be in the pudding of course.
    I always thought the proof of the pudding was in the eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I always thought the proof of the pudding was in the eating?
    I was inverting to form a prolapsed verb and, thereby, conjugate the otherwise latent transposed convolute vernacular meaning.

"To eat the pudding and find proof concludes that the proof was already in the pudding".

Plato toiled relentlessly on this thesis for fifteen years until he decided he should get a life.

It has been an excellent start, and to be honest I am not totally shocked because I trust Marinakis and his team to get it right eventually.

This is a critical period as games come thick and fast and injuries start to mount up. We have decent depth but we have seen how much we miss Sow when he isn't playing. If we are in the top 6 come January I would hope the club will back the manager if he wants to bring in any more players. Ideally I think a top class winger and a backup striker who has some decent pace would be ideal.

Not that type of player

"I don't want to promise things, I want to deliver things"

It only takes a second to score a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    "I don't want to promise things, I want to deliver things"
    I said that at my last appraisal.
    I got made redundant afterwards but start at Dominoes next week.