Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Lets Take Stock....

      
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    2,910

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    I heartily commend your hyperbolic exegesis of what on the face of it looked like a monumental blunder.
    Then may extend my most enthusiastic contrafibularities and doff my hat to you.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,888

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    I never expected us to get off to such a bad start. 11 points dropped already, and 9 goals conceded is obviously not good enough.

    Come on Forest. Sort it out!

    It only takes a second to score a goal.

  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    2,910

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Dawson will be gagging to get fit again. And I mean no slight on his or others personal professionalism when I say I reckon it will have been some time since Forest had an injured player who was REALLY gagging to get back out there - and that sort of desire can only have a positive effect on the others. There's a subtle but important difference between wanting to be fit again and being well pissed off that your injured.


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    To add to the list of posistives, we're doing all the above and neither Lolley nor Carva have been really firing yet either.
    Lolley definitely not at his best, but he's offered bits and pieces.

    Carvalho has done fuck all. I'm getting sick of him. No more excuses. He needs to start showing a lot more.


  6. #30
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,963

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor_82 View Post
    Lolley definitely not at his best, but he's offered bits and pieces.

    Carvalho has done fuck all. I'm getting sick of him. No more excuses. He needs to start showing a lot more.
    Carva was another getting slagged off on Sat along with Grabban

    It's a strange one, I think you do have to allow for his injury and fact that this is actually his pre-season now.

    But I'd like to think that he'll return after the international break a more at it, and at very least able to play more than 60min without needing to come off.


  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    A fit and firing Carvalho would be the difference between us grinding out results and ripping the opposition to shreds. Apart from the first 45 minutes at Swansea when he ran the show,he has done very. He's not really justifying a place in the side at the moment but I hope he can up his game.


  8. #32
    tel - 0898 12 11 74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Stand above the away fans
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    A fit and firing Carvalho would be the difference between us grinding out results and ripping the opposition to shreds. Apart from the first 45 minutes at Swansea when he ran the show,he has done very. He's not really justifying a place in the side at the moment but I hope he can up his game.
    Totally agree, it's so frustrating. I'm still not sure it's him, Grabban or a combination of the two. I just hope they're spending this break working on how they revive that partnership so prolific early last season.


  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Totally agree, it's so frustrating. I'm still not sure it's him, Grabban or a combination of the two. I just hope they're spending this break working on how they revive that partnership so prolific early last season.
    I wonder if the understanding between Carvalho and Grabban has been affected by the manager wanting them to play different roles this season. Given that Carvalho has been out for so long he may be struggling to adapt whereas Grabban has had more game time to adjust to his new role.

    Only time will tell if this is the case.


  10. #34

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Any room for lock & barrel?
    You don't want Barrel, he's always off smoking somewhere


  11. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,075

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Totally agree, it's so frustrating. I'm still not sure it's him, Grabban or a combination of the two. I just hope they're spending this break working on how they revive that partnership so prolific early last season.
    Grabban has been transformed to the best striker in the league without him as we are as a team. For now I hope we carry on doing what we're doing and stick to the system without trying to shoe horn a £13m weight in unbalancing things. I said in the Brentford match day thread to give him a run of reserve games for fitness, confidence and to learn the wide of the three role away from the frontline.

    Carvalho will come good, but as I said weeks ago, he won't have the luxury Karanka afforded him of the relaxed number 10 role.


  12. #36

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    I wonder if the understanding between Carvalho and Grabban has been affected by the manager wanting them to play different roles this season. Given that Carvalho has been out for so long he may be struggling to adapt whereas Grabban has had more game time to adjust to his new role.

    Only time will tell if this is the case.
    It probably didsnt help that Carvalho was stuck out on the left hand side on Saturday. His biggest asset is his awareness and ability to play the quick accurate ball. He needs to be at 10 to deliver that. Hopefully he can put a full game in after international break or I can see him being the sub that comes on after 65 mins for the remainder of the season.


  13. #37
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,447

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by munerz_95 View Post
    It probably didsnt help that Carvalho was stuck out on the left hand side on Saturday. His biggest asset is his awareness and ability to play the quick accurate ball. He needs to be at 10 to deliver that. Hopefully he can put a full game in after international break or I can see him being the sub that comes on after 65 mins for the remainder of the season.
    Patience needed with Joao.
    He is simply streets ahead of the rest but he hasn't yet been able to function for a full 90.


  14. #38
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,888

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    There were a couple of moments on Saturday when he nearly put Grabban through. That angled pass over the top in the first half for instance.

    It will come. He's still getting back up to speed after missing most of pre season.


  15. #39
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,961

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Patience needed with Joao.
    He is simply streets ahead of the rest but he hasn't yet been able to function for a full 90.
    Think this is wearing a bit thin to be honest, I also think Silvas proven to be much more adaptable & conducive to Championship football.

    JCs clearly got something, but seeing his head go down when his number came up Saturday, I think he's struggling mentally & physically to get consistency of contribution. He's only done it in glimpses so far & he offers nothing defensively.

    I agree with the comment above, Id be taking him out the picture & drill him in the Academy team. I hope he comes good, his attitude is bang on the money.

    Last edited by MASE; 08-10-19 at 14:30.

  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Surprised Johnny Owen hasn’t been asked to knock up a first quarter video of memorable moments by now - although of course we don’t need cheap gimmicks to raise our level at moment.


  17. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    712

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I said in the Brentford match day thread to give him a run of reserve games for fitness, confidence and to learn the wide of the three role away from the frontline.
    Playing in the U23 side isn't going to help him much. The intensity levels are just too different. Not sure you want him playing on the left of a front three either, he's not that sort of player.

    Despite what Alf might say, getting crocked at Alfreton was by far the best thing for him.


  18. #42

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Didn't MON get slated for putting him in the u23s?


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    6,609

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    JC has been quiet compared to last season. But he still manages to be involved in the build up to most of our goals.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

    it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,284

    Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

    Is it Crossley your referring to as the GK?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •