Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets Take Stock....

Default Re: Lets Take Stock....

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    I heartily commend your hyperbolic exegesis of what on the face of it looked like a monumental blunder.
    Then may extend my most enthusiastic contrafibularities and doff my hat to you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not that type of player

I never expected us to get off to such a bad start. 11 points dropped already, and 9 goals conceded is obviously not good enough.

Come on Forest. Sort it out!

It only takes a second to score a goal.

Dawson will be gagging to get fit again. And I mean no slight on his or others personal professionalism when I say I reckon it will have been some time since Forest had an injured player who was REALLY gagging to get back out there - and that sort of desire can only have a positive effect on the others. There's a subtle but important difference between wanting to be fit again and being well pissed off that your injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    To add to the list of posistives, we're doing all the above and neither Lolley nor Carva have been really firing yet either.
    Lolley definitely not at his best, but he's offered bits and pieces.

Carvalho has done fuck all. I'm getting sick of him. No more excuses. He needs to start showing a lot more.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor_82 View Post
    Lolley definitely not at his best, but he's offered bits and pieces.

Carvalho has done fuck all. I'm getting sick of him. No more excuses. He needs to start showing a lot more.
    Carva was another getting slagged off on Sat along with Grabban

It's a strange one, I think you do have to allow for his injury and fact that this is actually his pre-season now.

But I'd like to think that he'll return after the international break a more at it, and at very least able to play more than 60min without needing to come off.

A fit and firing Carvalho would be the difference between us grinding out results and ripping the opposition to shreds. Apart from the first 45 minutes at Swansea when he ran the show,he has done very. He's not really justifying a place in the side at the moment but I hope he can up his game.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    A fit and firing Carvalho would be the difference between us grinding out results and ripping the opposition to shreds. Apart from the first 45 minutes at Swansea when he ran the show,he has done very. He's not really justifying a place in the side at the moment but I hope he can up his game.
    Totally agree, it's so frustrating. I'm still not sure it's him, Grabban or a combination of the two. I just hope they're spending this break working on how they revive that partnership so prolific early last season.

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Totally agree, it's so frustrating. I'm still not sure it's him, Grabban or a combination of the two. I just hope they're spending this break working on how they revive that partnership so prolific early last season.
    I wonder if the understanding between Carvalho and Grabban has been affected by the manager wanting them to play different roles this season. Given that Carvalho has been out for so long he may be struggling to adapt whereas Grabban has had more game time to adjust to his new role.

Only time will tell if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Any room for lock & barrel?
    You don't want Barrel, he's always off smoking somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Grabban has been transformed to the best striker in the league without him as we are as a team. For now I hope we carry on doing what we're doing and stick to the system without trying to shoe horn a £13m weight in unbalancing things. I said in the Brentford match day thread to give him a run of reserve games for fitness, confidence and to learn the wide of the three role away from the frontline.

Carvalho will come good, but as I said weeks ago, he won't have the luxury Karanka afforded him of the relaxed number 10 role.

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    I wonder if the understanding between Carvalho and Grabban has been affected by the manager wanting them to play different roles this season. Given that Carvalho has been out for so long he may be struggling to adapt whereas Grabban has had more game time to adjust to his new role.

Only time will tell if this is the case.
    It probably didsnt help that Carvalho was stuck out on the left hand side on Saturday. His biggest asset is his awareness and ability to play the quick accurate ball. He needs to be at 10 to deliver that. Hopefully he can put a full game in after international break or I can see him being the sub that comes on after 65 mins for the remainder of the season.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by munerz_95 View Post
    It probably didsnt help that Carvalho was stuck out on the left hand side on Saturday. His biggest asset is his awareness and ability to play the quick accurate ball. He needs to be at 10 to deliver that. Hopefully he can put a full game in after international break or I can see him being the sub that comes on after 65 mins for the remainder of the season.
    Patience needed with Joao.
    He is simply streets ahead of the rest but he hasn't yet been able to function for a full 90.

Not that type of player

There were a couple of moments on Saturday when he nearly put Grabban through. That angled pass over the top in the first half for instance.

It will come. He's still getting back up to speed after missing most of pre season.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Patience needed with Joao.
    He is simply streets ahead of the rest but he hasn't yet been able to function for a full 90.
    Think this is wearing a bit thin to be honest, I also think Silvas proven to be much more adaptable & conducive to Championship football.

JCs clearly got something, but seeing his head go down when his number came up Saturday, I think he's struggling mentally & physically to get consistency of contribution. He's only done it in glimpses so far & he offers nothing defensively.

I agree with the comment above, Id be taking him out the picture & drill him in the Academy team. I hope he comes good, his attitude is bang on the money.

Last edited by MASE; 08-10-19 at 14:30.

Surprised Johnny Owen hasn’t been asked to knock up a first quarter video of memorable moments by now - although of course we don’t need cheap gimmicks to raise our level at moment.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I said in the Brentford match day thread to give him a run of reserve games for fitness, confidence and to learn the wide of the three role away from the frontline.
    Playing in the U23 side isn't going to help him much. The intensity levels are just too different. Not sure you want him playing on the left of a front three either, he's not that sort of player.

Despite what Alf might say, getting crocked at Alfreton was by far the best thing for him.

Didn't MON get slated for putting him in the u23s?

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

JC has been quiet compared to last season. But he still manages to be involved in the build up to most of our goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Is it Crossley your referring to as the GK?