Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 528

Thread: To chant or not to chant?

      
  1. #401
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    3,804

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    As an aside, at the T20 finals day the Worcs fans were singing this about Worcestershire.

    It was a bit odd.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #402
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,513

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    I'd be interested to know at what point offense means something needs to change.

    Is it a number, percentage or just if a few who have a further reach or higher opinion of themselves?

    If one person is offended is that enough to change something?

    Is being offended really that bad?

    I'm not talking about discrimination here, everyone knows that's wrong and illegal but offense seems to nuanced to pin down.
    This is a worrying shift that we are seeing lately whereby the vocal minority are dictating the change, wants and whims irrespective of the majority.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  4. #403
    ...the Liatrom Red
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A Block 'til I die
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    I'd be interested to know at what point offense means something needs to change.

    Is it a number, percentage or just if a few who have a further reach or higher opinion of themselves?

    If one person is offended is that enough to change something?

    Is being offended really that bad?

    I'm not talking about discrimination here, everyone knows that's wrong and illegal but offense seems to nuanced to pin down.
    I've often been offended at Forest at chants and comments made about Irish people/players (and I'm not talking about F*ck the IRA btw) but I really don't give a toss.

    Social Media has basically given less forgiving folk a platform to make their offence known and force a response. Now more than ever we are surrounded by highly offendable people who love taking offence to stuff and sharing their self-righteous indignation online.

    If you are one of these people, no offence, but go feck yourself.

    Last edited by Roonaldo; 10-10-19 at 12:12.

  5. #404
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,920

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    As an aside, at the T20 finals day the Worcs fans were singing this about Worcestershire.

    It was a bit odd.
    Oh Worcesterhire, is full of sauce, Oh Worcestershire is full of sauce....


  6. #405
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    79,511

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    As an aside, at the T20 finals day the Worcs fans were singing this about Worcestershire.

    It was a bit odd.
    „Oh Worcestershire!
    (Oh Worcestershire!)
    Is full of sauce!
    (Is full of sauce!)
    Oh Worcestershire is full of sauce!
    It’s full of sauce, sauce, and more sauce!
    Oh Worcestershire is full of sauce!“

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  7. #406
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    I've often been offended at Forest at chants and comments made about Irish people/players (and I'm not talking about F*ck the IRA btw) but I really don't give a toss.

    Social Media has basically given less forgiving folk a platform to make their offence known and force a response. Now more than ever we are surrounded by highly offendable people who love taking offence to stuff and sharing their self-righteous indignation online.

    If you are one of these people, no offence, but go feck yourself.
    The only offended people on here seem to be the ones crying because someone’s pointed out to them that referring to women as ‘tits and fanny’ is a pretty shitty thing to do.

    The world would be a better place if people grew up and started taking responsibility for their actions instead of whining about ‘political correctness’.


  8. #407
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,674

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    „Oh Worcestershire!
    (Oh Worcestershire!)
    Is full of sauce!
    (Is full of sauce!)
    Oh Worcestershire is full of sauce!
    It’s full of sauce, sauce, and more sauce!
    Oh Worcestershire is full of sauce!“
    Well, anchovies.


  9. #408
    Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    8,120

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    The only offended people on here seem to be the ones crying because someone’s pointed out to them that referring to women as ‘tits and fanny’ is a pretty shitty thing to do.

    The world would be a better place if people grew up and started taking responsibility for their actions instead of whining about ‘political correctness’.

    Couldn’t disagree with you more and I didn’t sing it before but I will sing it at the top of my lungs next time. Woman have tits and fannies get over it! It’s not even a chant that is aimed at being offensive. It’s a celebration of the fact Nottingham has the highest proportion of woman to men. I agree it’s a vulgar way of doing it and if that’s the argument then I would take your point but if we are going to say this is discrimination or mysoginistic then you have lost me completely.


  10. #409
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,743

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    The only offended people on here seem to be the ones crying because someone’s pointed out to them that referring to women as ‘tits and fanny’ is a pretty shitty thing to do.

    The world would be a better place if people grew up and started taking responsibility for their actions instead of whining about ‘political correctness’.
    No one likes being told they're wrong or what to do.

    As for taking responsibility, well if I say something that offends I do, either by apologising as no offense was meant or by repeating myself because i wanted to offend them.

    Like I've said before I'm not fussed about the chant. I just don't see how it can be made into such a big deal.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  11. #410
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Couldn’t disagree with you more and I didn’t sing it before but I will sing it at the top of my lungs next time. Woman have tits and fannies get over it! It’s not even a chant that is aimed at being offensive. It’s a celebration of the fact Nottingham has the highest proportion of woman to men. I agree it’s a vulgar way of doing it and if that’s the argument then I would take your point but if we are going to say this is discrimination or mysoginistic then you have lost me completely.
    I think referring to women as solely ‘tits and fanny’ is demeaning and misogynistic.


  12. #411

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    This is a worrying shift that we are seeing lately whereby the vocal minority are dictating the change, wants and whims irrespective of the majority.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

    Whoosh.


  13. #412
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,806

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    The NFFC Trust is a relic of the Fazza era, and needs to be left there IMO.


  14. #413
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,743

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    I think referring to women as solely ‘tits and fanny’ is demeaning and misogynistic.
    I agree and you have every right to be offended by it and not sing it.

    But some don't think it is or do but don't care enough not to sing it.

    It's not hate speech, it's not illegal. You can't put your or my opinion of that song onto other people.


  15. #414
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    16,465

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post

    Out of interest, have the Mods ever collected data on sex/race/age/orientation on this forum? There are hardly any tits or fanny on here from whatI've ever read so I'm not sure they'll be a balanced view on this one.
    The forum does not need to know the sex, race, age or orientation of any of it’s members. The only personal data that is held is an email for verification purposes.

    When you say ‘there are hardly any tits or fanny on here’ do you mean ‘there are hardly any women on here’? Just asking.

    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

    I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

  16. #415
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    I agree and you have every right to be offended by it and not sing it.

    But some don't think it is or do but don't care enough not to sing it.

    It's not hate speech, it's not illegal. You can't put your or my opinion of that song onto other people.
    I’m not offended by it. The complaint has made me think about the chant, and, on reflection, I think it is derogatory towards women and can understand why someone would be uncomfortable with several thousand middle aged men chanting it.

    If someone can explain to me why they think it’s not derogatory, I’d be willing to listen and consider.


  17. #416
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    79,511

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    As a Moderator, I can confirm that there are plenty of tits on this Forum.


  18. #417
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,806

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?




  19. #418
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asply
    Posts
    8,318

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    CANT WAIT TO SING THIS NOW

    is there a snowflake emoji yet?


  20. #419
    ...the Liatrom Red
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A Block 'til I die
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    The forum does not need to know the sex, race, age or orientation of any of it’s members. The only personal data that is held is an email for verification purposes.

    When you say ‘there are hardly any tits or fanny on here’ do you mean ‘there are hardly any women on here’? Just asking.
    Didn't say it did. Was just interested if it had.

    Yes, I did mean 'tits and fanny' in reference to women & I'm sorry if it offends you that I used slang terms to describe only parts of a females anatomy and not their whole form, thus discriminating against other parts of their body.

    If you were offended, sue me once you've got five minutes off your twitter being offended by something.

    Last edited by Roonaldo; 10-10-19 at 13:31.

  21. #420
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    79,511

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    There’s plenty of cocks on here as well.


  22. #421
    ...the Liatrom Red
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A Block 'til I die
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    ...and fannies.

    Joe Worrall played with a team of them last season


  23. #422
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    There's definitely an arsehole


  24. #423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    16,465

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    Didn't say it did. Was just interested if it had.

    Yes, I did mean 'tits and fanny' in reference to womee & I'm not sorry if it offends you that I used slang terms to describe parts of a females anatomy to describe their whole form, thus discriminating against other parts of their body.
    You asked a question.
    I gave you the courtesy of a reply.

    As I’ve said in every post on the subject, I am not offended by the words ‘tits and fanny’.

    I do, however, feel uneasy with being referred to directly as ‘tits and fanny’ to describe me as you have done.

    The fact that you are not sorry how that makes me feel says more about you than it does about me.


  25. #424
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    There are also a lot of people on this forum who have a great deal of growing up to do.


  26. #425
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,187

    Default Re: To chant or not to chant?

    If the noun 'fanny' was offensive why has the club signed so many in the past two decades?

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •