Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: January 2020, an important window

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    This Jan window is probably the club's most important transfer window since we dropped out of the PL, probably more than the Shorey one. Get this right and we are giving ourselves every chance to succeed, either this season or next.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    Aye, I think that's a fair statement.

Let's also remember, we were fresh out of League 1 for only one season when The Shorey one arrived too. We'd barely had time to build a foundation for Championship survival before The KING arrived & turned us into a proper force.

Now we've already got that foundation in place, and are pushing on.

There's also no Mark fucking Arthur either to fuck things up, which is as big a Godsend as we could wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Don't forget that you still have a bomb squad to get rid of. Pantilimon, Yacob (not a bomb squad quality player, but treated as such), and (for Heave'ns sake) Zach Clough, need to go, and that's a bare minimum.

Ideally, more players could go: I see no reason for Hefele to remain on the books; just pay him off to go, he's not going to find a team on his own to go; I see no reason for Benalouane to spend the remaining six months of his contract doing nothing in Nottingham; Jordan Smith could also go; you might try to break Mir's loan if you get a proper striker.
    Some of those players would be ideal trades (+money) for other Championship targets. 2 bods wi 1 ston

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Don't forget that you still have a bomb squad to get rid of. Pantilimon, Yacob (not a bomb squad quality player, but treated as such), and (for Heave'ns sake) Zach Clough, need to go, and that's a bare minimum.

Ideally, more players could go: I see no reason for Hefele to remain on the books; just pay him off to go, he's not going to find a team on his own to go; I see no reason for Benalouane to spend the remaining six months of his contract doing nothing in Nottingham; Jordan Smith could also go; you might try to break Mir's loan if you get a proper striker.
    I agree with you about Hefele, but Benalouane was offered, and has duly signed a contract extension, so I doubt he'll be deemed surplus to requirements anytime soon.

Most of the bomb squad have been on offer for quite some time now with little sign of movement. The top people at the club are obviously aware of all this and must have decided on a course of action (or inaction). Perhaps the best tactic would be just to negotiate and pay up the contracts, thus ending a sad chapter in our history and, who knows, opening up the way towards total domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I agree with you about Hefele, but Benalouane was offered, and has duly signed a contract extension, so I doubt he'll be deemed surplus to requirements anytime soon.
    That was only on a random Italian football website that said his contract got an automatic extension. Let us all hope it isn't true and we are in the box seat in determining his future at the end of the season at the latest.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

I thought it came from a (presumably) more reliable news source, but I'm happpy to be corrected.

That said, local media has definitely reported positive comments about him by SL recently.

If we play this right it in Jan it could absolutely fire us up.

I can't remember a more important transfer window in decades where we have needed so few players combined with having the serious funds to go and get them.

I've got absolutely no doubt by the time Jan comes around the club will have been worked for 4 months identifying and laying the groundwork to get them in.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Personally I say we keep Smith, focus on gett6 rid of Pants who is likely on much more money and send Muric Back. Smith is more than good enough as a back up.
    Clough is going nowhere unless we take a huge hit on transfer fee and wages. Yacob we should be able to get rid of although we did sign him after the window last year so there must not be many people lining up to sign him.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Personally I say we keep Smith, focus on gett6 rid of Pants who is likely on much more money and send Muric Back. Smith is more than good enough as a back up.
    Clough is going nowhere unless we take a huge hit on transfer fee and wages. Yacob we should be able to get rid of although we did sign him after the window last year so there must not be many people lining up to sign him.

A fair few clubs should be considering Yacob. Good player, just needs right fitting team & manager.

Olympiakos?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    A fair few clubs should be considering Yacob. Good player, just needs right fitting team & manager.

Olympiakos?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    They should, but last season we signed him in September which for a player of his ability is odd.

https://twitter.com/TomC_22/status/1...313867264?s=20

Defo one I'd be happy to see come in. Young, hungry and bags of talent plus he's already accustomed to the Championship. Ticks all the boxes for me.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

He looks like the type we could do with.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Clarke would be a decent fit I think. Fast and can play on either wing. Can also cover up front I think too.

lol

Girrim Mazza

I'd be happy with Clarke on loan. A bit odd that he can't get a look in at Leeds but I think he has the quality to make an impact here. Good player.

Bags of pace, but had a virus based seizure at Leeds last year, and didn't return the same player after.

Risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Bags of pace, but had a virus based seizure at Leeds last year, and didn't return the same player after.

Risky.
    I heard the same Alf. Bit lukewarm on this one, Leeds will be playing him if he was influential enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asked my Leeds supporting colleague about him today, said he's capable of playing either side and has plenty of talent but simply isn't good enough to get in their side this season... "but if you need players in his position, he'd be alright".

He won't miss him if he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Fail View Post
    Asked my Leeds supporting colleague about him today, said he's capable of playing either side and has plenty of talent but simply isn't good enough to get in their side this season... "but if you need players in his position, he'd be alright".

He won't miss him if he goes.
    Yeah but to be fair those pricks thought that Brian Clough was a shit manager

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post

Would we take a hit on FFP if we pay off Clough's remaining contract. Based on his considerable transfer, isn't he laughably classed as an asset on a reducing basis per remaining years on his contract. If we bin him off would that be an accounting loss per FFP?!?

Impressive member

Defender to 'see what happens' in January after failed Forest move

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ewApp_AppShare

Impressive member

Personally I'd forget this CB. I think we're sorted in that position.

I'd like to think Eddie Nketiah is on a shortlist somewhere.

Can understand the paranoia around centre backs after the crisis we had last season. We are good in that area this time around though. Daws, Hef, Bena all coming back. Cheema on fringes too. We are well stocked.

Not convinced McKenna would be that high up the pecking order here anyway.

Dwight Gayle supposedly heavily linked with a move to China. It wasn't really on though was it.

So far our striker links have been Hugo Kuypers & Lawrence Shankland.

We also know we watched Dijon v PSG and the most likely players would have been Julio Tavares (CF) & Mounir Chouiar (WF) but the latter only just moved to Dijon in the summer.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 14-11-19 at 11:51.