Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The ascent of Leicester City

Where's me hammer?

Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    And all the attempts to take the moral high ground because of something that happened nearly 20 years ago under previous owners. As if that has any real relevance to the current respective positions of the two clubs. Maybe people should look a bit closer to home, to the morally bankrupt shitshow of a glasshouse that this club was under Fawaz before throwing stones.

It certainly sounds like envy.
    Should we stop calling Liverpool cnuts or dont they count? What have they done to us in the last 20 years apart from avoid us in the cup?

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

They sacked the manager who won them the PL. He got another nine months. Fans thought that was too long. Sacked him in the midway through a game in the last sixteen of the European Cup. Ruined all the romance of it.

At least Derby fans supported Clough when they sacked him.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Should we stop calling Liverpool cnuts or dont they count? What have they done to us in the last 20 years apart from avoid us in the cup?

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    It isn’t Leicester’s fault that we’ve been shit for twenty years. Or any other club. It’s our own bad owners, poor managers and crap players.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Not that type of player

And no I don’t bother much about Liverpool. I don’t like them, but one sided rivalries are a bit pointless, especially when one club is massive and the other is in the lower leagues.

And all the attempts to take the moral high ground because of something that happened nearly 20 years ago under previous owners. As if that has any real relevance to the current respective positions of the two clubs. Maybe people should look a bit closer to home, to the morally bankrupt shitshow of a glasshouse that this club was under Fawaz before throwing stones.

It's nothing to do with Envy. Leicester fucked over the people of their City for over £30M and why shouldn't we take the moral high?

Leicester continued like absolutely nothing had happened while small businesses went to the wall left right and centre all around them whilst not even paying the ambulance service.

Fawaz was a clown but he didn't leave owning local folk £30M and Forest paid their dues. Leicester walked away scot free and ultimately benefited from it.

Their current regime I totally respect and they seem to do a lot for the wider community but the way Leicester got there in the first place is nothing short of a disgrace.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

And no I don’t bother much about Liverpool. I don’t like them, but one sided rivalries are a bit pointless, especially when one club is massive and the other is in the lower leagues.
    We moved on to the Forest Notts "rivalry" now?

.k I m
    I m u mm

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    We moved on to the Forest Notts "rivalry" now?
    Alfreton. Bastards.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    It's nothing to do with Envy. Leicester fucked over the people of their City for over £30M and why shouldn't we take the moral high?

Leicester continued like absolutely nothing had happened while small businesses went to the wall left right and centre all around them whilst not even paying the ambulance service.

Fawaz was a clown but he didn't leave owning local folk £30M and Forest paid their dues. Leicester walked away scot free and ultimately benefited from it.

Their current regime I totally respect and they seem to do a lot for the wider community but the way Leicester got there in the first place is nothing short of a disgrace.

How many other clubs have gone into administration but continued to exist?

How did this club treat local businesses under the previous owner?

Fans of this club pretend they dont care about Leicester then single them out for special treatment. They are one of many.

Fans of this club pretend they dont care about Leicester then single them out for special treatment. They are one of many.
    You've entered into whataboutery and it only serves to falsly attempt to dilute valid points, the specfic topic of the thread was about Leicester. I've not singled Leicester out, they were the club put up for discussion.

Yes Fawaz treated a few local businesses poorly and that is unacceptable, however unless I'm massively mistaken Forest have never entered into administration and we have done nothing on the scale that Leicester did.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    You've entered into whataboutery and it only serves to falsly attempt to dilute valid points, the specfic topic of the thread was about Leicester. I've not singled Leicester out, they were the club put up for discussion.

Yes Fawaz treated a few local businesses poorly and that is unacceptable, however unless I'm massively mistaken Forest have never entered into administration and we have done nothing on the scale that Leicester did.

It isnt whataboutery. This club tried to rip off everybody it could under Fawaz. How many got fed up of having to take this club to court just to get paid? How many employees didnt get paid? It also 'cheated' by deliberately ignoring FFP regulations. Dress it up however you like, but this club was a shit stain under Fawaz.

You take the moral high if you want, but to me it reeks of hypocrisy.

It isnt whataboutery. This club tried to rip off everybody it could under Fawaz. How many got fed up of having to take this club to court just to get paid? How many employees didnt get paid? It also 'cheated' by deliberately ignoring FFP regulations. Dress it up however you like, but this club was a shit stain under Fawaz.

You take the moral high if you want, but to me it reeks of hypocrisy.
    "How many other clubs have gone into administration but continued to exist?" = whataboutery.

As I said what Fawaz did was unacceptable, I have already addressed this so it's hardly hypocritical.

I'm not quite sure why you're so defensive of a club that fucked over people to the tune of £30M and then walked away? That's not dressing anything, that's cold hard facts.

The point remains valid and pertinent to the OP question, I remain in no way envious of Leicester from the shithousery the committed. Our time under Fawaz will always be an embarrassment and one that I take bo pride in, Fawaz doesn't even get close to what they did though.

I think most successful football clubs nowadays have owners that have skeletons in the cupboard or have done things not exactly by the rules.
    Once success comes along not many fans will care how it came about.
    Chelski being one example. Unless we consider ripping small businesses off is worse than some things Mr Abramovich has been accused of.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Or Forest's owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Or Forest's owner.
    I didn't want to mention him.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

The Foam Hand

I think a lot of our fans don’t care about Leicester because they aren’t really neighbours like Derby are and there aren’t numerous border towns divided between the two clubs.
    Leicester is geographically closer to Coventry than it is Nottingham.

oopsy daisy!

So Leicester cheating and getting away with it is to be applauded whilst Forest cheating and screwing it up is to be vilified?

Personally I have never forgiven them for screwing over businesses and people I worked with, putting some of them out of their homes as a result. But that's just my bitter and twisted morals.

And as for the blatant cheating around ffp rules - I have been equally scathing of QPR and plucky little Bournemouth who defied all the odds whilst outrageously cheating the system.

And as for bringing Forest into it - There is no moral high ground to be had at all, Forest deserved their embargo and had they gone down as a result it would have been their own fault.

Seems to me that the moral of the story is that it is OK to cheat provided you get away with it. Which is sad really.

When Leicester were promoted in 2014 it was under the current owners & they breached FFP

Forest breached FFP & were punished

Leicester went into administration approx 2003 (2nd time I think) & were promoted with players they couldnít afford, Forest were also skint around that time but we didnít go into administration because we sold players at the expense of promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I donít watch any Premiership football so donít know what Leicester are doing nor do I care.
    Me neither.

You should have seen the fuckers crawl out the woodwork the year they wont the league, loads of people I know were suddenly citeh through and through, but couldn't tell you where Filbert Street is. They soon crawled back in as soon as they started to lose.

I know plenty of proper fans too and was genuinely pleased for them. They had nothing to do with the administration and can hardly be blamed.

They will probably finish in the upper top half this year and like the OP , it gives a glimmer of hope to us (Wolves too). Doesn't seem that long ago when we beat them 5-2 either and they were the league below us.

I can't dislike them, they are like the slower country cousins to me.

A bit like Forest and County.

doyen of boomer energy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Donít really think of Lester as a football town, always been more of a rugby kind of place.
    Not now the rugby team is doing crap

Plastics. Plastics everywhere!

I was actually thinking a couple of days ago... if Man City and Liverpool hadn’t spent their way back dominance, Leicester could have actually had a crack at becoming a regular title challenger. They are up there with Arsenal and Spurs and Wolves and Everton were tipped to be in that mix too. Teams like Bournemouth and West Ham have started well too. Seems like that gap has closed slightly.

I think a lot of our fans don’t care about Leicester because they aren’t really neighbours like Derby are and there aren’t numerous border towns divided between the two clubs.
    They are equidistant. That’s the genius of it, I hate it here but I pop in for breakfast.

I think a lot of our fans donít care about Leicester because they arenít really neighbours like Derby are and there arenít numerous border towns divided between the two clubs.
    This is true. Most of Notts is north of the city.

I grew me up in South Notts, closer to Loughborough and if push comes to shove prefer Derby to Leicester if anything. I never knew any Derby fans.

Before the advent of internet trolls I had to work hard to find a reason to want Derby to lose, they seemed a random team to sing about.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 05-10-19 at 06:54.

The Foam Hand

I had a short spell of going to a few Leicester games in the 80’s. It was at Filbert Street and before they had the new main stand built.
    They were in the old second division at the time.
    Quite a good atmosphere in that spion kop end behind the goal, what I did notice though was some people would replace Forest with Derby whenever an anti Forest song was sung. No mention of Coventry.
    It’s easy to understand why they disliked us, we were still winning things. It’s like all the clubs in the West Midlands hate Villa.

I didn't know any Leicester fans my age where I lived because of the era, and we 10 miles from Nottingham, 15 from Leicester. It's was all Forest with a few obligatory Liverpool fans and one or two choosing Everton.

But there were one or two older blokes in the villages who went to Filbert Street. And we played in Leicestershire football leagues, so teams we played against were Leicester fans. I bet there's as many Leicester as Forest fans there now.

Derby didn't get a mention. First Derby game I went to was the youtube classic now when Pearce chopped McMinn in half. Remember reading in the programme at the following match that it was special beating Derby, or something like that and thinking 'really, why?'

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 05-10-19 at 09:08.