Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carabao Cup Matchday 3: Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest

Warp Speed Chic

Default Re: Carabao Cup Matchday 3: Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest

I'm going and I want us to win.

Put out our best team, and let's go for it.

Mouch for it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Warp Speed Chic

Alf and Harvey, could I get an Oasis/Lamouchi mix with "Mouch fer it" on there

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Please play the first team defence against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Still shows which one the fans would rather see Forest win.
    I’d rather beat Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I’d rather beat Stoke
    Cool. You go that one. I'll go to Arsenal. We'll vote with our feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Far more fans care about the league, as the numbers show.

It's a one off game and a chance to visit a new 'elite club stadium' etc etc. The big day out.

Not so much to do with the competition.
    Can't agree. I'm going to this and didn't go to Fulham because I'd much rather see Forest win in this match in the cup at Arsenal than in div two at Fulham.

We can't survey the 8.3k to find out if they'd prefer Forest to win at Stoke whenever that is, so we'll just have to stick our opinions on that.

But I think most would hope that at any time that many people take time off work to travel midweek to support Forest, that the club doesn't wave the white flag and concede defeat before a ball is kicked by fielding their second string in a tie they are already second favourites in. Shouldn't be an unreasonable hope.

Cool. You go that one. I'll go to Arsenal. We'll vote with our feet.
    I’m not going to either, still rather beat Stoke though

Not that type of player

Can't agree. I'm going to this and didn't go to Fulham because I'd much rather see Forest win in this match in the cup at Arsenal than in div two at Fulham.

We can't survey the 8.3k to find out if they'd prefer Forest to win at Stoke whenever that is, so we'll just have to stick our opinions on that.

But I think most would hope that at any time that many people take time off work to travel midweek to support Forest, that the club doesn't wave the white flag and concede defeat before a ball is kicked by fielding their second string in a tie they are already second favourites in. Shouldn't be an unreasonable hope.
    The fans of any club know what to expect when they buy tickets for a third round cup game. If they expect a first xi then they're either new to football or they are fooling themselves.

It only takes a second to score a goal.

This is all opinion however my view is that we shouldn't play our entire strongest XI because the league is significantly more important. Let's be honest none of us will give a shit in a couple months if we have gone out.

However we have sold a significant number of tickets and those supporters need to be respected for the time, money and commitment they are making. I believe Sabri will also view it this way too having seen the feel good factor and good will it generated when he played a fairly strong side against Derby. He will also have seen the shit it generated for Cocu.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The fans of any club know what to expect when they buy tickets for a third round cup game. If they expect a first xi then they're either new to football or they are fooling themselves.
    Fans who have bought season tickets for the last eight know to expect a change of manager before February and a season that fizzles out. 20k must be new to football or fooling themselves too.

Forum Tactician

Forest managers are judged on league form. To that end, Id prefer we beat Stoke.

That might also ensure we get more nights like the Arsenal one.

In terms of the high attendance, Id imagine its London fans with the opportunity of taking in a game.

I'd rather we won both.

I would guess that the hard core away fans will go to both. Otherwise it will be a mixture; London fans, those who want to visit a new ground and those who like going away but usually don't get the chance because of much smaller allocations.

We could have had many more at Arsenal because it never got to General sale and, for instance, I for one would have gone.

Whilst it's nice to argue from the point of view of a fan, the staff at Forest have to view the game as a job (their somewhat precarious job) and play the percentage game. Plus keeping the fringe players onside and fit. It's a balancing act.