Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

      
  1. #26
    Clapham Eco Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mower World
    Posts
    24,271

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Franz Foxenhauer View Post
    OK Magazine!
    Fawaz's favourite


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,027

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Longshot, but does The Athletic cover the Atlanta Braves and the Seattle Seahawks well? I'd consider it if they did.


  4. #28
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,231

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Longshot, but does The Athletic cover the Atlanta Braves and the Seattle Seahawks well? I'd consider it if they did.
    Yes, it covers MLB and NFL. You can customise it to show your choices in the main feed.

    It only takes a second to score a goal.

  5. #29
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,027

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Yes, it covers MLB and NFL. You can customise it to show your choices in the main feed.
    Supposedly, the MLB stuff is free on the At Bat app which I've been using for a few years. If it isn't then I'm not sure if it'd be better quality as it's pretty good on there


  6. #30
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,231

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Supposedly, the MLB stuff is free on the At Bat app which I've been using for a few years. If it isn't then I'm not sure if it'd be better quality as it's pretty good on there
    Probably right. I use it mainly for football.


  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,177

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    The NP 'sports' hacks have chosen the five "worst ever" managers in the entire history of NFFC:

    1) Megson
    2) Montanier
    3) McClaren
    4) Atkinson
    5) Platt

    The amount of hard work in terms of historical research that went into compiling that list cannot be commended enough.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; Yesterday at 17:34.

  8. #32
    Senior Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,988

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    The NP 'sports' hacks have chosen the five "worst ever" managers in the entire history of NFFC:

    1) Megson
    2) Montanier
    3) McClaren
    4) Atkinson
    5) Platt

    The amount of hard work in terms of historical research that went into compiling that list cannot be commended enough.
    Montanier over Kinnear?


  9. #33
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,231

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    The NP 'sports' hacks have chosen the five "worst ever" managers in the entire history of NFFC:

    1) Megson
    2) Montanier
    3) McClaren
    4) Atkinson
    5) Platt

    The amount of hard work in terms of historical research that went into compiling that list cannot be commended enough.
    Wow, it goes all the way back to the late 1990s. As you say, impressive historical research.

    No Alan Brown?


  10. #34
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,231

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Ron Atkinson wasn't that bad. We'd have stayed up if his record had been over the whole season. We've had plenty of worse managers since who haven't won one premier league game for us let alone 4.


  11. #35
    Clapham Eco Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mower World
    Posts
    24,271

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Montanier should be nowhere near that list. Saddled with shite players from Pedro and against the backdrop of a club in chaos run by an inept man-child he did a decent job.


  12. #36
    Clapham Eco Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mower World
    Posts
    24,271

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    1) Megson
    2) McClaren
    3) Platt
    4) Kinnear
    5) Cotterill

    For me


  13. #37
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,231

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Montanier should be nowhere near that list. Saddled with shite players from Pedro and against the backdrop of a club in chaos run by an inept man-child he did a decent job.
    Bang on. He had to run the entire club himself. He should be given a medal if anything.


  14. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,177

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    1) Megson
    2) McClaren
    3) Platt
    4) Kinnear
    5) Cotterill

    For me
    Don't indulge them Harvey, I was trying to ridicule the piece.


  15. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,177

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Bang on. He had to run the entire club himself. He should be given a medal if anything.
    Which aptly demonstrates just how pointlessly lazy the piece is Ravi.


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Too close to Derby but still an NG postcode
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    It's sad but I've come to the conclusion that we'll have to start paying for decent media. I've started contributing a couple of quid to the Grauniad. Has anyone signed up to The Athletic? Is it any good or sky sports like?


  17. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    6,449

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Wow, it goes all the way back to the late 1990s. As you say, impressive historical research.

    No Alan Brown?
    Cmon Ravi. You know there was a void prior to 1992.

    Did they manage to list all of the managers since that time? Or was that a piece of research too far?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

    it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

  18. #42
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,231

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Cmon Ravi. You know there was a void prior to 1992.

    Did they manage to list all of the managers since that time? Or was that a piece of research too far?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair point. 1992. Year zero.


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,177

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosmerino View Post
    Has anyone signed up to The Athletic? Is it any good or sky sports like?
    I refer you to Ravi's post #15 in this thread.


  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosmerino View Post
    It's sad but I've come to the conclusion that we'll have to start paying for decent media. I've started contributing a couple of quid to the Grauniad. Has anyone signed up to The Athletic? Is it any good or sky sports like?
    Is it sad to pay for it? When you pay, the news is the product. When you don’t pay you’re the product...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  21. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    preston
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: Nottingham Evening Post On Line Nottingham Forest Page.

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosmerino View Post
    It's sad but I've come to the conclusion that we'll have to start paying for decent media. I've started contributing a couple of quid to the Grauniad. Has anyone signed up to The Athletic? Is it any good or sky sports like?
    The thing that puts me off from entertaining paying for The Athletic is that they signed up Paul Taylor. I know he was feeding off scraps for Forest info but his writing is poor for me.

    They've probably signed up some better ones but if I was gonna subscribe to anything it would be Popbitch


    Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •