• The teams can't be separated!

7 15.22%
  • Queen Elizabeth

4 8.70%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: MATCHDAY 7 - Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest

Default Re: MATCHDAY 7 - Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by DocForest View Post
    Is this the first window that Modesto has been largely responsible for ?

Because, if so (and I have to keep saying to myself "it's early days still") he looks like he's done a cracking job for the money we've shelved out.
    It won't be his fault that we've signed some poorer squad fillers before him.
    Some real good finds and clever work. All meet a specific criteria and none really cost very much.

Samba Sow my current favourite, spent majority of his career in Russia & Turkey and cost us £700k. As somebody said before it looks like he's been custom build to play in the Championship.

He's definitely one of Modesto's finds because he's from the same network that Mady Camara & Papa Cisse (two Olympiacos players he found) are from.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What we need to do as fans, something I keep suggesting on here, is to appreciate that the manager picks the team.
    If people don't like it, they tend to give the unpopular inclusion(s), a hard time, often on here but sometimes (unforgivingly) during games.
    Watson is a case in point. There will no doubt be some ex-professional footballer on here who tries to justify their early opposition to the player(s).

Simple really......
    Trust the manager; he sees more of the players than anyone on here does.
    Get behind ANY player wearing our colours.

In numbers, our support is remarkable home and away. We need to make more noise getting behind the team at home. Away, we always make a noise.

I've just watched the full match (It's on ifollow)

Very encouraging win.

We seem a lot more organised defensively, esp when defending set pieces.

It's also great to see the attacking endeavour trying to getvthe ball into the box. Makes a difference from the frustrating 20 yard shots that have been s recent feature.

Based on the radio commentary yesterday, I'd have had Sow as MOTM, but watching the game I thought Grabban's graft was immense.

Great to feel like there's more to come too. And a squad that looks like it can handle a bit of rotation.

Magic.

doyen of boomer energy

Win in Wales? I had a small bet expecting to lose. What a performance! Too early to predict, but this is the best Forest side I've seen this century. The levels of intensity, urgency and commitment. Having witnessed great Forest sides of yesteryear, I just hope this generation of Forest fans can experience a bit of what it's like to be playing in the top division and achieving things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Some real good finds and clever work. All meet a specific criteria and none really cost very much.

Samba Sow my current favourite, spent majority of his career in Russia & Turkey and cost us £700k. As somebody said before it looks like he's been custom build to play in the Championship.

He's definitely one of Modesto's finds because he's from the same network that Mady Camara & Papa Cisse (two Olympiacos players he found) are from.
    Modesto explained his views a couple of months ago.

Right or wrong, you cannot tell he doesn’t have a plan on his mind and a specific way of doing his work.
    These pieces explain him a lot.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...e-fill-3154293

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...to-3154554.amp

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Modesto explained his views a couple of months ago.

Right or wrong, you cannot tell he doesn’t have a plan on his mind and a specific way of doing his work.
    These pieces explain him a lot.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...e-fill-3154293

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...to-3154554.amp
    This summer's buys have probably be the most successful for a long, long time. Each player acquired has an obvious role, which we can all determine, and, to a man they've all fitted straight into ant emerging system.

Let's hope his future tweeks have a positive impact.

Hail Modesto.