Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Why do I get the feeling we might see Wilfried Bony through the door? The fact that he's a free agent and Lamouchi selected him 14 times for the Ivory Coast make this a realistic possibility.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk
    Yes please

    Bony on his day is a nightmare for defences


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    I know nobody watches MLS but Martinez from Atlanta United is a goal machine.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,939

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee Hicket View Post
    I know nobody watches MLS but Martinez from Atlanta United is a goal machine.
    only if we ever get promoted can we start looking for players like that


  5. #54

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    More chance of platting fog but in a nice world where fairies & pixies live at bottom off your garden Daniel Sturridge
    50K p/w upped to 75k if promoted %shirt sales & 1 year option 100k p/w in prem.
    big IF because he's brittle but IF he stays fit his goals could get us up & keep us up.


  6. #55

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Offer Hooper a year contract.


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,142

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    I’d have Bony of all of them. But ££ is an issue.

    I imagine lessons learned after last year means we’ll spend big on a striker in January if we’re in the top 6


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    2,518

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    More chance of platting fog but in a nice world where fairies & pixies live at bottom off your garden Daniel Sturridge
    50K p/w upped to 75k if promoted %shirt sales & 1 year option 100k p/w in prem.
    big IF because he's brittle but IF he stays fit his goals could get us up & keep us up.
    Bet it doesn't happen...


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee Hicket View Post
    I know nobody watches MLS but Martinez from Atlanta United is a goal machine.
    I've been keeping tabs on Atlanta Utd, probably due to our friend Big Wes in America. You're right that lad has been slotting them away for fun. I'm really surprised some European club hasn't come in for him because he's got genuine quality.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  10. #59
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,099

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    I've been keeping tabs on Atlanta Utd, probably due to our friend Big Wes in America. You're right that lad has been slotting them away for fun. I'm really surprised some European club hasn't come in for him because he's got genuine quality.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk
    A good game to watch would be sj earthquakes vs atlanta utd, two teams really taking the league by storm. Along with the Sj vs LAFC game tomorrow. Sj is kinda my "local" team.


  11. #60
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,099

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    I've been keeping tabs on Atlanta Utd, probably due to our friend Big Wes in America. You're right that lad has been slotting them away for fun. I'm really surprised some European club hasn't come in for him because he's got genuine quality.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk
    Aso, Newcastle did tap Atlanta for a recent capture of theirs - Miguel Almirón - and was a MLS fee record for a player from our league to another AND Newcastle club record fee as well. Atlanta has some top draw players, probably the leagues best.


  12. #61
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,326

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    I’d rather bring Murphy back in from the cold than throw money at any of those free transfers.

    It only takes a second to score a goal.

  13. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    fucjing g wot karate
    Posts
    1,190

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I’d rather bring Murphy back in from the cold than throw money at any of those free transfers.
    Same.

    You have to think that if a free agent deal was possible, it would likely have been concluded by now.

    One explanation could be that the club are no longer willing to offer the pisstake wages and contracts they have in the past.


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    Same.

    You have to think that if a free agent deal was possible, it would likely have been concluded by now.

    One explanation could be that the club are no longer willing to offer the pisstake wages and contracts they have in the past.
    Imagine that. A nice simple idea


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,175

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49442291

    A Greek, free agent striker with a decent record and we weren't linked?


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,393

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49442291

    A Greek, free agent striker with a decent record and we weren't linked?
    We were linked with him under Warburton. They wanted £6m at the time.


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,741

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    You should be glad you didn't get him. He's not particularly good. All he has is speed and good work rate in open spaces. His goals are invariably scored in counter-attack.


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    11,176

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    You should be glad you didn't get him. He's not particularly good. All he has is speed and good work rate in open spaces. His goals are invariably scored in counter-attack.
    Sounds like Jamie mackie. Except you mentioned goals in the plural sense.


  19. #68
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,099

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Sounds like Jamie mackie. Except you mentioned goals in the plural sense.
    Useless


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49442291

    A Greek, free agent striker with a decent record and we weren't linked?
    We will be linked now.


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,393

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    You should be glad you didn't get him. He's not particularly good. All he has is speed and good work rate in open spaces. His goals are invariably scored in counter-attack.
    Sounds like every Brentford striker for the past 5 years.


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,050

    Default Re: Official free agent striker straw-grasping thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    You should be glad you didn't get him. He's not particularly good. All he has is speed and good work rate in open spaces. His goals are invariably scored in counter-attack.
    Crying out for someone like that to be fair. Attributes we don't currently have.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •