Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chema Rodriguez

Default Re: Chema Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by MC Plantpot View Post
    I'm all over the place with our new signings! Who was the chap who played LB against Fleetwood? Was it not this guy?
    Rodriguez hasn’t played yet. Maybe you’re thinking about Ribeiro?

This was the line up against Fleetwood.

Forest: Samba, Jenkinson, Figueiredo, Worrall (c), Ribeiro, Sow (Johnson 65’), Bostock, Silva, Ameobi, Appiah (Cash 77’), Mir

Unused subs: Muric, Milosevic, Robinson, Richardson, Mighten

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by MC Plantpot View Post
    I'm all over the place with our new signings! Who was the chap who played LB against Fleetwood? Was it not this guy?
    No.

Explains why I couldn't see the very attractive lady anywhere then! Only reason I went if I'm honest.

Thought Chema looked decent - he’s certainly comfortable on the ball and technically sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Fantana View Post
    Thought Chema looked decent - he’s certainly comfortable on the ball and technically sound.

Agree. Whilst I don't want the pairing of Daws and Worrall and broken up, should we suffer an injury there I feel slightly less concerned knowing that we have someone as capable and comfortable as Chema.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Was it Cheema who pinged that ball from the back left all the way over to Lolley on the front right in the first half? Best pass of the match that was.

Bit of a pointless signing for me. Doesn't have any physical stand out attributes and is a mediocre all rounder a bit like Figgy.

Should have focused on another winger/striker.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Bit of a pointless signing for me. Doesn't have any physical stand out attributes and is a mediocre all rounder a bit like Figgy.

Should have focused on another winger/striker.
    I was say his technical quality is a standout attribute. I'm not sure why you consider his signing pointless when he clearly strengthens our CB options, just look at what happened to us last season when we sustained injuries there.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    I was say his technical quality is a standout attribute. I'm not sure why you consider his signing pointless when he clearly strengthens our CB options, just look at what happened to us last season when we sustained injuries there.

We have Milo and Figgy as backups already. Is he better than them? Not convinced. Is he better than Dawson and Worrall? No.

There's only so many players in a squad that you can carry. We are crying out for another winger and striker but we have four goalkeepers and five centre backs when only three of those nine are going to get a large amount of playing time.

He certainly looks after the ball when passing and looks more likely to compete in duels than his partner last night. Twice picked Lolley with brilliant diagonals. On last nights showing he is ahead of Toby most definitely.

We have Milo and Figgy as backups already. Is he better than them? Not convinced. Is he better than Dawson and Worrall? No.

There's only so many players in a squad that you can carry. We are crying out for another winger and striker but we have four goalkeepers and five centre backs when only three of those nine are going to get a large amount of playing time.
    Yes he is absolutely better than Milo and Figs. We certainly aren't carrying him. It's players like Hefele we are carrying. Chema is a very good CB and probably would be playing but nobody could have predicted the almost faultless form of Daws and Worrall and the partnership they've formed.

Extremely harsh to say we're carrying him considering those facts and his actual ability.

Yes he is absolutely better than Milo and Figs. We certainly aren't carrying him. It's players like Hefele we are carrying. Chema is a very good CB and probably would be playing but nobody could have predicted the almost faultless form of Daws and Worrall and the partnership they've formed.

Extremely harsh to say we're carrying him considering those facts and his actual ability.
    Yep you never know when Daws may go down with another injury. I'd rather have Cheema step in then Figgy. I'd actually rather Milo ahead of them both but SL doesn't seem to rate him.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

He certainly wasn't faultless last night (not helped by a degree of obvious rustiness), but his overall performance was one of the precious few positives that can be taken in my opinion.

As has already been said, he was decent in possession and displayed an impressive passing range when given the opportunity. Also, if he's needed in the Championship this season, he most certainly won't have to deal with the kind of movement that he was faced with all too often last night.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 25-09-19 at 12:21.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    He certainly wasn't faultless last night (not helped by a degree of obvious rustiness), but his overall performance was one of the precious few positives that can be taken in my opinion.

As has already been said, he was decent in possession and displayed an impressive passing range when given the opportunity. Also, if he's needed in the Championship this season, he most certainly won't have to deal with the kind of movement that he was faced with all too often last night.
    He looked solid to me too Otis. And he’s left footed, which should help over the coming months.

It only takes a second to score a goal.

In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

I’d like to see him as 3rd choice for now. All the ok stuff in the first 20 mins started from his good passing from the back. Then his diagonal to lolley was great

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Not sure why you seem to think that we bought this guy instead of a striker?

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

We bought him cos he’s got the Danny Fox wand of a left foot, and we don’t have another left footed CB

Not seen him enough to say he's absolutely better, especially given 90% of our fan base wanted Milo to start the season. How things change? Also think a couple of us predicted the Dawson and Worrall partnership - sorry.

But yes, we are carrying Hef and Benaloaune, but they weren't included in my five centre back list! I just don't see the point much. If Dawson gets injured, Milo steps in. If Worrall gets injured, Figgy comes in. Both replacements are more than adequate to play what will only be a handful of games until January, at which point we could re-assess. We rushed Chema in, who isn't usurping the Dawson and Worrall combo, so is simply awaiting an injury to happen when we already had cover.

From what I've seen I don't think Chema is bad, it's just a bit pointless.

Also think a couple of us predicted the Dawson and Worrall partnership - sorry.
    Gotta love a "told you so" post. NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Gotta love a "told you so" post. NOT
    *Shrug*

If someone wants to lead with "no one could have predicted" despite a few suggesting it would then it's going to get shot down by someone.

At least we've not spunked £3m on him like we did a pointless Zach Clough signing.

Forum Tactician

Not seen him enough to say he's absolutely better, especially given 90% of our fan base wanted Milo to start the season. How things change? Also think a couple of us predicted the Dawson and Worrall partnership - sorry.

But yes, we are carrying Hef and Benaloaune, but they weren't included in my five centre back list! I just don't see the point much. If Dawson gets injured, Milo steps in. If Worrall gets injured, Figgy comes in. Both replacements are more than adequate to play what will only be a handful of games until January, at which point we could re-assess. We rushed Chema in, who isn't usurping the Dawson and Worrall combo, so is simply awaiting an injury to happen when we already had cover.

From what I've seen I don't think Chema is bad, it's just a bit pointless.
    So we havent seen enough to say he's better, but we've seen enough to say he's "pointless"?

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    So we havent seen enough to say he's better, but we've seen enough to say he's "pointless"?
    Yes. We already had four very capable players that can play centre back and two others who can also play in that position who weren't as good but had some Championship pedigree. Cover wise we had plenty, so you either sign someone who is a significant improvement, or you don't bother at all. If Chema was significantly better, he would have cost a tonne and would be in the side regardless of the form of Warson because you wouldn't leave someone like that on the bench (unless you're Martin O'Neill of course!)

It's not a complicated view point to understand really.

At least we've not spunked £3m on him like we did a pointless Zach Clough signing.
    Given Dawson's age do you really see it as a waste if this guy happens to be useful? Many believe that Benalouane won't fit into Sabri's methods and Hafele has appeared on the way out for months. We need cover because we all know that Forest get injuries. Most will agree that we are poorly balanced, what most of us don't know is what the club tired to do to resolve that imbalance. Maybe we tried to get loads of forwards but were thwarted?

His value will only be truly known when he can step in for Dawson and Worrall in the league and we maintaining our positive results and clean sheets.

Right now I think we have more chance of doing that with him, than with Toby.

Milosevic issue is a mystery.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 25-09-19 at 14:56.

Forum Tactician

Yes. We already had four very capable players that can play centre back and two others who can also play in that position who weren't as good but had some Championship pedigree. Cover wise we had plenty, so you either sign someone who is a significant improvement, or you don't bother at all. If Chema was significantly better, he would have cost a tonne and would be in the side regardless of the form of Warson because you wouldn't leave someone like that on the bench (unless you're Martin O'Neill of course!)

It's not a complicated view point to understand really.
    Its a blatant contradiction, you've either seen enough of a player to make a judgement or you havent. Im also struggling with the theory a players cost effects his position in the pecking order. Much like Watson, Dawson & Worrall could just as easily have the starting shirts because of their experience in this country.