Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    516

    Default [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Reportedly signing from Girona.

    Striker, 1 goal in 34 apps last season

    How much are our scouts on a year?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,328

    Default Re: Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by McLeftfoot View Post
    Reportedly signing from Girona.

    Striker, 1 goal in 34 apps last season

    How much are our scouts on a year?
    Please tell me this is a joke

    Surely John McGovern has got the Andre Silenzi video playing to show them, the bosses, the follies of their ways.


  4. #3
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,057

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    This bloke sounds like someone you'd suck if you had a sore throat.
    More chance of signing someone from Werther's Berlin.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,737

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    I'm not saying this guy is any good, he doesn't sound good, and I've never heard of him, but what kind of striker do you expect, exactly?

    Grabban is the starter, Mir is his backup, and Ameobi will function as the third striker in the 18 squad if needs be. I understand the need for yet another striker, but surely you can't expect a proven, expensive bomber. You'll be getting an extra solution and you can't expect big money to be spent on the fourth striker.

    If you don't like Grabban, don't trust Mir, or think Ameobi is subpar, fine, it is then legitimate to ask for a 10m striker. But the club doesn't seem to think that this is what it's looking for.


  6. #5
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,735

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by McLeftfoot View Post
    Reportedly signing from Girona.

    Striker, 1 goal in 34 apps last season

    How much are our scouts on a year?
    That stats drawn off wiki & its a bit misleading.

    2 goals in 13 starts 2018-2019
    5 goals in 18 starts 2017-2018
    10 goals in 27 starts 2016-2017
    10 goals in 25 starts 2015-2016

    Not the most prolific, but something to work with.


  7. #6
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,057

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    I think, from the comments I have read on here and, more specifically, on Twitter, a big section of the fanbase have slight concerns over Grabban, so therefore the question is whether we replace him or add someone who will be good enough to steal his first team spot. Kenny Burns suggested selling him and using the funds to finance a stellar striker. Personally I'd rather take a punt on an unknown, with the hope that Mir is good enough to step up. I believe we might have a deal in place to sign him next summer if he's a success.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  8. #7
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,735

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Kenny Burns suggested selling him and using the funds to finance a stellar striker.
    A great argument for keeping him.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,737

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I think, from the comments I have read on here and, more specifically, on Twitter, a big section of the fanbase have slight concerns over Grabban, so therefore the question is whether we replace him or add someone who will be good enough to steal his first team spot. Kenny Burns suggested selling him and using the funds to finance a stellar striker.
    I wouldn't be against it personally, but there's a prerequisite for such a move: a big money offer for Grabban. I don't think that prerequisite will be met, hence the club seems to be looking for just a cheap, fourth in the hierarchy, option, who will not even be in the 18 squad most matches.


  10. #9
    Footy Manager Researcher
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    2,859

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    That stats drawn off wiki & its a bit misleading.

    2 goals in 13 starts 2018-2019
    5 goals in 18 starts 2017-2018
    10 goals in 27 starts 2016-2017
    10 goals in 25 starts 2015-2016

    Not the most prolific, but something to work with.
    Yeah.

    I'd rather look at someone like Andraz Sporar at Bratislava, who has 47 goals in the last 2 seasons, and is slightly more direct than Grabban.


  11. #10
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,057

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I wouldn't be against it personally, but there's a prerequisite for such a move: a big money offer for Grabban. I don't think that prerequisite will be met, hence the club seems to be looking for just a cheap, fourth in the hierarchy, option, who will not even be in the 18 squad most matches.
    I agree. I think we all knew Grabban would have little sell-on when we bought him. We're just going to have to make the best of what we've got.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Trowbridge, Wilts
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    This bloke sounds like someone you'd suck if you had a sore throat.
    More chance of signing someone from Werther's Berlin.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    Someone or something?


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    3,266

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I'm not saying this guy is any good, he doesn't sound good, and I've never heard of him, but what kind of striker do you expect, exactly?

    Grabban is the starter, Mir is his backup, and Ameobi will function as the third striker in the 18 squad if needs be. I understand the need for yet another striker, but surely you can't expect a proven, expensive bomber. You'll be getting an extra solution and you can't expect big money to be spent on the fourth striker.

    If you don't like Grabban, don't trust Mir, or think Ameobi is subpar, fine, it is then legitimate to ask for a 10m striker. But the club doesn't seem to think that this is what it's looking for.
    Nail on head.

    I would love Dwight Gayle, but you can't have both him and Grabben in the squad, too many ego's to feed. So unless someone is willing to stump up good money for Grabben, and if Gayle is available at the right price in terms of fee and wages, Grabben is the first choice striker. And as you say, Mir is the backup with Ameobi and Appiah as depth. It is a hard sell to bring in a top striker when the best you can offer them at the moment is a spot on the subs bench.

    I don't know a jot about Lozano or the french kid, but I'm not willing to right them off till I have seen them have a fair crack of the whip.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,608

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Grabban's issue is service.

    What make people think the supply lines would change if there was different striker?

    Is be happy to add to Grab an but don't see the benefit of replacing him.

    doyen of boomer energy

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,233

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Had a good laugh reading this thread, which might not amuse some of the posters, but to read such comments on a BUPA thread is hilarious.

    Well, when all around you is on fire, you just have to laugh and accept the inevitable. We might not get promoted this season, but, with luck, my world won't end.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Yeah.

    I'd rather look at someone like Andraz Sporar at Bratislava, who has 47 goals in the last 2 seasons, and is slightly more direct than Grabban.
    Never heard of him but I like those stats.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,578

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Never heard of him but I like those stats.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk
    According to wiki 21 in 22 league games, 32 in 42 total last season. That's a gamble id take


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    According to wiki 21 in 22 league games, 32 in 42 total last season. That's a gamble id take
    Can't argue with that. You'd think our Eastern European scouts would be aware of him too.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  19. #18
    Clapham Eco Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mower World
    Posts
    24,389

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    According to wiki 21 in 22 league games, 32 in 42 total last season.
    How many in 16?


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,949

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    You need a box to box midfielder with good passing much more than another striker. No matter if Carvalho is fit, you do need a midfielder with quality and pace there to connect your lines and pass the ball.


  21. #20
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,735

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    You need a box to box midfielder with good passing much more than another striker. No matter if Carvalho is fit, you do need a midfielder with quality and pace there to connect your lines and pass the ball.
    Think Semedo ticks them boxes personally, Also think Silva looks capable of breaking lines from deep. Id take another Box to box if one came available, but a forward thinker from the base looks the shout for me.

    Keep coming back to Colback everytime I think of potentials. He's a perfect fit. Id also keep Gueds as potential back up.


  22. #21
    Nottingham's dirty secret
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Think Semedo ticks them boxes personally, Also think Silva looks capable of breaking lines from deep. Id take another Box to box if one came available, but a forward thinker from the base looks the shout for me.

    Keep coming back to Colback everytime I think of potentials. He's a perfect fit. Id also keep Gueds as potential back up.
    Colback would be the most important signing of the summer by far.

    Without him I really fear for our midfield.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,949

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Think Semedo ticks them boxes personally, Also think Silva looks capable of breaking lines from deep. Id take another Box to box if one came available, but a forward thinker from the base looks the shout for me.

    Keep coming back to Colback everytime I think of potentials. He's a perfect fit. Id also keep Gueds as potential back up.
    You need scoring and threats from the midfielders too. Not just the striker. If your midfield is not a threat then a striker will always be eaten by the CBs

    Instead of a striker I would go for a player that could play both on a side and on top. Something like what soudani should be but his injuries didn't allow him to show.

    I think you need that too more than a striker. Grabban and Mir could do the job as the striker with backup of Appiah


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,737

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Think Semedo ticks them boxes personally, Also think Silva looks capable of breaking lines from deep. Id take another Box to box if one came available, but a forward thinker from the base looks the shout for me.

    Keep coming back to Colback everytime I think of potentials. He's a perfect fit. Id also keep Gueds as potential back up.
    I agree almost completely (except the Guedioura part...) Colback, Semedo or Silva, Carvalho looks like a fine midfield to me, with Sow, Yates and Johnson as back up.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    fucjing g wot karate
    Posts
    1,188

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Think Semedo ticks them boxes personally, Also think Silva looks capable of breaking lines from deep. Id take another Box to box if one came available, but a forward thinker from the base looks the shout for me.

    Keep coming back to Colback everytime I think of potentials. He's a perfect fit. Id also keep Gueds as potential back up.
    I could see Semedo in particular making late runs into the box. Same with Yates, although it would probably have to be coached into them.


  26. #25

    Default Re: [BUPA] Antony Lozano

    Yates does have that instinct to arrive late in the box and be dangerous.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •