Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 593

Thread: Samba Sow

      
  1. #526

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Bostock is more of a Watson replacement for me. No probs him startnig instead of Sow, but he'll only last 60 or so min.

    Personally I hope Sab's been monitoring & working with Yates. Yates is a more natural replacement for Sow IMO, and having seen what Sab's done with Wozza, Cash & co I hope he's an eye on Yates being able to step in if needed.

    In Sab we trust.
    This, in spades. One of the great things about SL is he has made what we have better, not just come in and splashed out on replacements.

    Last edited by Sabri Natenagewitch; 14-10-19 at 12:12.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #527
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,772

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Bostock is more of a Watson replacement for me. No probs him startnig instead of Sow, but he'll only last 60 or so min.

    Personally I hope Sab's been monitoring & working with Yates. Yates is a more natural replacement for Sow IMO, and having seen what Sab's done with Wozza, Cash & co I hope he's an eye on Yates being able to step in if needed.

    In Sab we trust.
    2 points:
    1 Yates is surely a fair way away from proper match fitness, and given the importance of Sow's role, Yates not being fit could result in fresh injury worries;
    2 Watson is enjoying playing in role designed by SL to get the best out of him; I think Bostock with age on his side is capable of doing a lot more than Watson - I think he is a better, younger version of Guedioura.


  4. #528
    Menior Sember
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dystopian Future
    Posts
    25,170

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Bostock is more of a Watson replacement for me.
    A replacement for you?


  5. #529
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,514

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    A replacement for you?
    If ever there could be one of course mate

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  6. #530
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,187

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    As expected, according to the BBC, Sow is out for our infamous "a few weeks" more. Dawson out, but returning soon, Semedo also still out.

    Sow is a big loss, he'll probably miss Wigan (A), Hull (H), Reading (H)and Luton (A).

    Fingers crossed he's back for the sheep on 9th Nov or more likely Bristol City (A) after the international break on the 23rd.

    Interested to see what Lamouchi does, our worst performances and spells have largely been when Sow hasn't been on the pitch.


  7. #531
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    23,236

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Pretty sure Bostock will start in the pivot with Watson.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  8. #532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,686

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    As expected, according to the BBC, Sow is out for our infamous "a few weeks" more. Dawson out, but returning soon, Semedo also still out.

    Sow is a big loss, he'll probably miss Wigan (A), Hull (H), Reading (H)and Luton (A).

    Fingers crossed he's back for the sheep on 9th Nov or more likely Bristol City (A) after the international break on the 23rd.

    Interested to see what Lamouchi does, our worst performances and spells have largely been when Sow hasn't been on the pitch.
    Oh shit!!......goodnight sweet Prince.


  9. #533
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,304

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    A hamstring injury is usually several weeks.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  10. #534
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,514

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    That's why we bought 9 million DM's over the past few years.

    Sow will be a big loss, but if we can't cope with it against Wigan we're not a promotion team. We have options both tactically & in terms of personel too.


  11. #535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    How long has ‘pivot’ been the new football buzzword for ?

    Fucking pivot


  12. #536
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    preston
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvel View Post
    How long has ‘pivot’ been the new football buzzword for ?

    Fucking pivot
    At least folk seem to have stopped saying regista

    Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk


  13. #537
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,096

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Probably the best time to lose him without sounding too ridiculous looking at the fixtures. Nobody can replace his power, but Yates is probably the most like for like replacement. Looking forward to seeing what Bostock can do though as he's sure to start with the list of injuries.


  14. #538
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,772

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    That's why we bought 9 million DM's over the past few years.

    Sow will be a big loss, but if we can't cope with it against Wigan we're not a promotion team. We have options both tactically & in terms of personel too.
    Hope you're wrong - but I don't think you are...


  15. #539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvel View Post
    How long has ‘pivot’ been the new football buzzword for ?

    Fucking pivot
    The new way to say it is fulcrumetta.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  16. #540
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,390

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvel View Post
    How long has ‘pivot’ been the new football buzzword for ?

    Fucking pivot
    Adam Johnson is a superb pivot.

    EDITED - sorry, I meant pervert.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  17. #541
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    5,913

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by eugenboppboppbopp View Post
    At least folk seem to have stopped saying regista

    Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
    Because a regista moves around the pitch whilst with a pivot everyone else moves except the pivot.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

    "Salvare il mondo è un lavoro del diavolo"

  18. #542
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,378

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Because a regista moves around the pitch whilst with a pivot everyone else moves except the pivot.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Spot the Italian....

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  19. #543
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Because a regista moves around the pitch whilst with a pivot everyone else moves except the pivot.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Ah centre mid that can run and one that can’t


  20. #544
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    It’s becoming more and more obvious to me that Samba Sow is our single most important player. Watson is not as effective without him and we just lose that presence in midfield.


  21. #545
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,270

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    You can work out which Forest players are the most important year by year by looking at the physio's table.

    You'll always find our key player lying there for months at a time every season.


  22. #546
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    True


  23. #547
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    You can work out which Forest players are the most important year by year by looking at the physio's table.

    You'll always find our key player lying there for months at a time every season.
    Probably not helped coming from the Russian league with their league schedule


  24. #548
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    39,514

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    You can work out which Forest players are the most important year by year by looking at the physio's table.

    You'll always find our key player lying there for months at a time every season.
    Best way to fix them or negate their absence? Sack the manager of course, works every year.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  25. #549
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    35,304

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    Getting injured helps develop a player's character. He'll be a better player when he returns.


  26. #550
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Samba Sow

    He’ll probably be youth team coach by xmas


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •