Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 408

Thread: Brice Samba - „Magic Hands“

      
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Taylor webchat:
    Taylor is leaving the Post after the West Brom game. Sounds like he's saving it for his first exclusive at his new place.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,571

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    He's still covering us though, so what ever it is it's local (I'd assume)


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    He's still covering us though, so what ever it is it's local (I'd assume)
    Apparently it will be for https://***********.com/

    A load of local and national journalists are leaving their papers and going there. The USP is Analysis over clickbait which I suppose is what appeals to so many of them, that and the big payrise they are offering them.


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,571

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Apparently it will be for https://***********.com/

    A load of local and national journalists are leaving their papers and going there. The USP is Analysis over clickbait which I suppose is what appeals to so many of them, that and the big payrise they are offering them.
    Ah, sounds interesting.


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    703

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Apparently it will be for https://***********.com/

    A load of local and national journalists are leaving their papers and going there. The USP is Analysis over clickbait which I suppose is what appeals to so many of them, that and the big payrise they are offering them.
    This has come from north America and I subscribe. They essentially hired all the best journalists in each city and they produce regular content for the teams in the region. Good mix of veteran traditional articles and statistical analysis ones. Also helped me win the office fantasy nfl in my first season.

    I like it personally but I can see people not willing to pay for news they could get elsewhere.

    I don't know where tails fits in though....


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,599

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    It's a subscription service.

    I can't see myself stumping up the cash for Tails. He'll have to up his fucking game massively for me to open my wallet for his analysis.

    doyen of boomer energy

  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    3,262

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    I follow alot of their writers on twitter with regards to the NFL and they put out some excellent content. If a subscription covers both the UK and US I'd most likely sign up.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,341

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Taylor is leaving the Post after the West Brom game. Sounds like he's saving it for his first exclusive at his new place.
    I genuinely respect the guy for sticking at it for so long in the gutters of his dream career. Having to do a webchat with the moronic miseries that populate his webchat and Twitter feed must be a soul destroying experience on even the best of days.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,359

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_red View Post
    This has come from north America and I subscribe. They essentially hired all the best journalists in each city and they produce regular content for the teams in the region. Good mix of veteran traditional articles and statistical analysis ones. Also helped me win the office fantasy nfl in my first season.

    I like it personally but I can see people not willing to pay for news they could get elsewhere.

    I don't know where tails fits in though....
    Yeah, you do wonder how it's gonna make it's money back with regional journalists.


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    703

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    My subscription currently covers the premier league as well so I would've thought you'd get access to the nfl stuff too.


  12. #61
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,236

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    I genuinely respect the guy for sticking at it for so long in the gutters of his dream career. Having to do a webchat with the moronic miseries that populate his webchat and Twitter feed must be a soul destroying experience on even the best of days.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    It must be like living with a truck load of ungrateful, spoilt, self entitled, and constantly moaning kids.

    It only takes a second to score a goal.

  13. #62
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,540

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_red View Post

    I don't know where tails fits in though....
    Maybe they need someone to make the tea?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  14. #63
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,053

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It must be like living with a truck load of ungrateful, spoilt, self entitled, and constantly moaning kids.
    Sounds like an attribute required to be a football manager.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  15. #64
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,540

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It must be like living with a truck load of ungrateful, spoilt, self entitled, and constantly moaning kids.
    Otherwise known as „Moderating a Nottingham Forest fans‘ forum“.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Otherwise known as „Moderating a Nottingham Forest fans‘ forum“.
    That’s rich coming from the least moderate poster on here.

    Oh, hang on, here comes the ban hammer.


  17. #66
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,540

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    That’s rich coming from the least moderate poster on here.

    Oh, hang on, here comes the ban hammer.
    Are you trying to be funny, or are you just being a twat?

    Either way, you’ve failed miserably.

    Try harder.


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Apparently it will be for https://***********.com/

    A load of local and national journalists are leaving their papers and going there. The USP is Analysis over clickbait which I suppose is what appeals to so many of them, that and the big payrise they are offering them.
    Until this goes the same way as Setanta.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    I genuinely respect the guy for sticking at it for so long in the gutters of his dream career. Having to do a webchat with the moronic miseries that populate his webchat and Twitter feed must be a soul destroying experience on even the best of days.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Sitting in a bar on Orlando now. Sport on everywhere, nothing live just endless analysis of shit. In a country with 350m people and sports nobody else plays I see how enough people will pay to make this viable. Soccer (my apologies) is a global sport, we won't pay for journalism where we all have equally as valid opinions and platforms like this to debate. Poor move in my eyes. But I agree, he's a very tolerant guy and wish him the best. Always enjoyed his webchats.



    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk


  20. #69
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,075

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    Sitting in a bar on Orlando now. Sport on everywhere, nothing live just endless analysis of shit. In a country with 350m people and sports nobody else plays I see how enough people will pay to make this viable. Soccer (my apologies) is a global sport, we won't pay for journalism where we all have equally as valid opinions and platforms like this to debate. Poor move in my eyes. But I agree, he's a very tolerant guy and wish him the best. Always enjoyed his webchats.



    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I pay for quality news, id pay for quality analysis of soccer/sports in general rather than the tripe served to us at the post. Which, I gather from his move to the athletic, wasn’t entirely his fault.


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Are you trying to be funny, or are you just being a twat?

    Either way, you’ve failed miserably.

    Try harder.
    Sorry. That did fall a bit flat, didn’t it?

    It did seem funny at the time.


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,228

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    I agree quality news from journalists is always welcome, but I reckon my opinion is as good as any top journalist even allowing for his, possible, better use of English.

    An opinion is after all just a guess made to sound posh and plausible.


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,178

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    I have some sympathy with Taylor. He's not in the same league as some of his predecessors like Harry Richards, John Lawson and Duncan Hamilton, but he's better than most of those who preceded him, without having anything even approaching the kind of access that those I mentioned had. Both Lawson and Hamilton virtually had a hotline to Cloughie.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 03-08-19 at 14:14.

  24. #73

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I have some sympathy with Taylor. He's not in the same league as some of his predecessors like Harry Richards, John Lawson and Duncan Hamilton, but he's better than most of those who preceded him, without having anything even approaching the kind of access that those I mentioned had. Both Lawson and Hamilton virtually had a hotline to Cloughie.
    It has to be very hard to build a really good relationship with a manager who doesn't last a season, isn't it?


  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    703

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    The Athletic pretty much expanded on a city by city basis, which doesn't sound quite like how they're doing it there.

    I guess it's just replacing the newspaper subscription, just with less guff (or tits). It also allows the writers to write what they want, as opposed to what the advertisers want. It wouldn't surprise me if the quality of tails writing had be limited by his situation.

    Some things don't translate (see box office events for the most part) and that might be true of the Athletic. They usually do pretty heavy discounts, I pay 30 quid a year but it's usually 50.


  26. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ex Radcliffe Road now N Yorks
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Samba has left the thread!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •