Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 301 to 307 of 307

Thread: Brice Samba

      
  1. #301
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,397

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    To be fair, that is what goalkeepers are taught on the continent.
    Annoys the hell out of me. Far riskier than holding on.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #302
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    17,709

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    If Samba isn't picked to start on Saturday it will be a travesty.
    He is our keeper and has signed a 3 or 4 year contract.
    He is a more mature keeper than Muric who may well turn out to be a world beater, but this season he will make loads of mistakes, loads of poor judgement calls and will cost us points in games.
    Yes, he seems to have decent feet (now he has learned not to attempt a Cruyff turn when under pressure from a striker)and his distribution is very good.
    Yes, he has made some decent shot-stops, and taken crosses.
    But v WBA he cost us at least a point, maybe 3 with 2 poor goals conceded, and v Leeds he was nervous and made some poor decisions.
    I don't give a stuff if Man City insist we play him... tell them we play the best keeper, and if that isn't Muric he wont get selected to start.
    And if that isn't good enough for Man bloody City send Muric back.
    Man bloody City wouldn't pick a weaker player ahead of a better one, so why should we?
    If SL does go with Muric I expect the Forest fans to be chanting "Oh, Brice Samba" all game like we did to MON about Joao Carvalho!


  4. #303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,165

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Samba kept 15 clean sheets in a division where his team went down, thats far more impressive.
    They love him in Caen. I think he will do really well here, his style reminds me of Randolph - backs himself to make snap saves from close range.

    I think Sabri will persist with Muric unless errors lead to more goals then Samba will step in. Let him settle at his own pace, there is no need to rush him in.


  5. #304
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Andover, Hants
    Posts
    2,048

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    I read somewhere (probably the Muric thread) that the loan deal with Man City doesn't insist on him playing every week (not sure how it could be enforced) but does stipulate that we pay half his wages in the weeks when he plays and all of his wages in the weeks when he doesn't. Whether you like the terms or not, that's what we apparently have and it would cost us a fair amount if he wasn't playing.


  6. #305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,165

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Annoys the hell out of me. Far riskier than holding on.
    Depends where you parry it. If you are directing them into a certain area I would argue it's safer than risking catching it and it fumbling infront of you.

    It's clearly what he does just by watching his highlight videos.


  7. #306
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    17,709

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    I read somewhere (probably the Muric thread) that the loan deal with Man City doesn't insist on him playing every week (not sure how it could be enforced) but does stipulate that we pay half his wages in the weeks when he plays and all of his wages in the weeks when he doesn't. Whether you like the terms or not, that's what we apparently have and it would cost us a fair amount if he wasn't playing.
    And it will cost us a shed-load more if we play him and he keeps on pooping his pants and making costly errors.


  8. #307
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,759

    Default Re: Brice Samba

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    If Samba isn't picked to start on Saturday it will be a travesty.
    He is our keeper and has signed a 3 or 4 year contract.
    He is a more mature keeper than Muric who may well turn out to be a world beater, but this season he will make loads of mistakes, loads of poor judgement calls and will cost us points in games.
    Yes, he seems to have decent feet (now he has learned not to attempt a Cruyff turn when under pressure from a striker)and his distribution is very good.
    Yes, he has made some decent shot-stops, and taken crosses.
    But v WBA he cost us at least a point, maybe 3 with 2 poor goals conceded, and v Leeds he was nervous and made some poor decisions.
    I don't give a stuff if Man City insist we play him... tell them we play the best keeper, and if that isn't Muric he wont get selected to start.
    And if that isn't good enough for Man bloody City send Muric back.
    Man bloody City wouldn't pick a weaker player ahead of a better one, so why should we?
    If SL does go with Muric I expect the Forest fans to be chanting "Oh, Brice Samba" all game like we did to MON about Joao Carvalho!
    Aye.

    I get "back Muric", we need two keepers and we want the kid to do well. But shouldn't we back our own players too?

    If we're blooding folk, surely now's the time to blood Samba before the season reaslly kicks in, and his career really kicks on with us?




 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •