Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marios Siampanis

Default Re: Marios Siabanis

Since the OS and the British press transcribe his name as Siampanis (although it's pronounced Siabanis), the mods might want to change the title for consistency.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Miserable bastard

Default Re: Marios Siampanis

Think I preferred 'Siabanis' - I can't pronounce the new version without it sounding like "See-amp-Penis"

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Think I preferred 'Siabanis' - I can't pronounce the new version without it sounding like "See-amp-Penis"
    Cheers, neither can I now

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

I'm glad we've got another goalkeeper. We were running the risk a bit with only four keepers after we let Steele go.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Cheers, neither can I now
    A problem shared...

You're welcome.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I'm glad we've got another goalkeeper. We were running the risk a bit with only four keepers after we let Steele go.
    To be fair, this lad will be playing for the Under 23s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2w9B1ijLtr/

At the end of the game against Burnley yesterday (1-1).

Default Re: Marios Siabanis [BUPA]

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    If this happens, it will be one of those moves that don't make much sense. As I've said in the opening post, Siabanis left PAOK because he was not getting the first team experience he was promised. He had an offer for a loan from a Portugueuse team a couple of days ago. It makes no sense for him (or us) to go to Nottingham to play for the U23 and be fourth choice in the first team (at best third choice if both Pantilimon and Smith go). Even for you I'm not sure it's a good move. If I understand correctly, you have high hopes for Shelvey; why limit his playing time with the U23?

I think this move is based on a business model rather than a football model: if a young Greek makes it in England, this will prove useful for both teams and their owner. But you can't force success, it takes planning and luck. In this particular case, the planning looks poor; let's hope luck counterbalances poor planning.
    Any idea how long he signed for ? After the season we may only have Brice contracted if they get Pantilimon off the books so Siampanis and Shelvey probably rating their chances.

Shelvey is held in high regard but does have a few issues to iron out in his game and hopefully with maturity that will happen.

One of the real developers since they have got back is u18 GK Michael Statham whose record in saving penalties has been impressive. Been on the u23 bench last few weeks. Manchester lad I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Any idea how long he signed for ? After the season we may only have Brice contracted if they get Pantilimon off the books so Siampanis and Shelvey probably rating their chances.

Shelvey is held in high regard but does have a few issues to iron out in his game and hopefully with maturity that will happen.

One of the real developers since they have got back is u18 GK Michael Statham whose record in saving penalties has been impressive. Been on the u23 bench last few weeks. Manchester lad I think.
    In theory, Siampanis is only there as a loanee, set to return in the summer. But that does not mean much, obviously. If he continues to go well there (if I understand correctly he's been doing great so far), he'll probably stay there. He's certainly not necessary over here: as I've mentioned before, we've opted for the Barcelona model this year, with only two senior keepers, and we have two excellent 17-year olds alternating in the role of the third keeper. And given that our second keeper, the French Bobby Allain (who's yet to play), still has another year in his contract, I suspect it's more likely for Siampanis to stay there than to return here.

He just saved another penalty, after having made a number of important saves according to twitter reports (but he was at fault for Bournemouth's goal).

There's a live stream but it's about to end: https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/live/a...?autoPlay=true

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I wonder if it's a coincidence that I see on the same day reports in the British press that you're keen on shipping out Pantilimon in January and of keeping Siampanis for another season.

If Pantilimon, Steele and Smith are all off the books in the summer, you're looking for at least one, and probably two keepers behind Samba next season. So I guess Siampanis could be one of them (probably no. 3, between the first team and the U23).

Just in case you have time to kill and wish to check out Siampanis or scout Scottish talent, here's Scotland U21 - Greece U21: