Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

Default Re: Scott McKenna

As I’ve finally decided to post on the site, I thought this would be the best thread to start with. I support Aberdeen but have followed Forest for over 30 years.

With regards to McKenna, he is a good solid defender whose now the main centre half for Scotland. Aberdeen are looking for 8m+ which is probably excessive but in today’s market is probably right. I think he would be a good addition for Forest but at that price and with other priorities I doubt they will look to pursue it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

Och aye thi noo

"Just sign more defenders" is so 2017

According to Scott Burns, reliable journalist up here, Forest are going to put in another bid for McKenna. Should it fail, they will go for Burnley’s Ben Gibson.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by ForestDon View Post
    According to Scott Burns, reliable journalist up here, Forest are going to put in another bid for McKenna. Should it fail, they will go for Burnley’s Ben Gibson.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...rdeen-18792462

It only takes a second to score a goal.

Ben Gibson is quality at this level, if he's 2nd choice, then Scott Mckenna must have serious potential.

Quote Originally Posted by GupiRed2 View Post
    Ben Gibson is quality at this level, if he's 2nd choice, then Scott Mckenna must have serious potential.
    Either would be a fantastic signing for me, the fact Gibson is linked as the second choice almost cements the reason we're after another CB is the want for a starting left footer, it did look an issue on Friday.

Dawson, McKenna/Gibson, Milo, Worrall and Figs is really good depth at CB, you've got to think Benalouane would be off?

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Either would be a fantastic signing for me, the fact Gibson is linked as the second choice almost cements the reason we're after another CB is the want for a starting left footer, it did look an issue on Friday.

Dawson, McKenna/Gibson, Milo, Worrall and Figs is really good depth at CB, you've got to think Benalouane would be off?
    With my hopes up for some impressive business further up the pitch I’d have thought maybe Figs would be sold too, to help balance the books. That still leaves 4 CBs + Robinson. Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BBC Alba melts will be lapping this one up!

Gibson is a class player but assuming Burnley want to sell him, they'll likely be looking for £12m minimum for him.

That's Premiership or parachute level.

Not that type of player

Loan?

You'd have to assume Gibson would be a loan. A year after they paid £15m for him and I imagine he'll be on some very good wages.

McKenna presents us with the opportunity to sign someone and have them beyond this season, for what would certainly be substantially less than a £15m Prem player.

Hope we get McKenna personally!

mon may be gone but the guy he got as head of scouting, tommy johnson is obviously the one recommending mckenna.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Five CBs is good depth if one is a youngster. In your case it seems a bit of an overkill. Maybe there are concerns about the number of matches Dawson will be available, or Figureido's form, or Worrall's future.

Concerns over Dawson and Toby's fitness are genuine. Also huge concerns over Dawson's mobility if we're going to play higher. The ball in behind him for the first goal vs Sociedad the key example.

I think if McKenna/Gibson were to happen, we'd see a couple be on their way. Wouldn't be surprised to see Toby as one because I think he'd bring a decent fee back. Yohan seems to be out already.

Red til I'm dead

I’m not averse to another centre-half coming in, assuming he is a very good player (Ben Gibson certainly is).

The only centre-half I’d be sad to lose is Milosevic, but it seems Lamouchi doesn’t feel the same way.

Figueiredo is ok (massively overrated on here in my opinion) but has spent a hell of a lot of his time here unavailable, so assuming we got our money back for him, I wouldn’t be against a sale.

Hefele and Benalouane I’d let go for free to anyone who gets them off the wage bill.

Robinson looks like he’s got the LB shirt for now, so that leaves Worrall and Daws.

I’d keep Worrall unless a big bid is made (swap with Gibson?) because despite the errors he does have potential. Dawson’s not getting any younger though, so again, reliability issues there.

McKenna and Milosevic has got a nice balance to it with a left and right footer. Both good sizes and both not afraid to get involved physically (McKenna is huge).

I wouldn’t worry too much about the striker signing etc. We’re obviously working on it and we won’t leave ourselves short. I still think we’ll see 4 more coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I’m not averse to another centre-half coming in, assuming he is a very good player (Ben Gibson certainly is).

The only centre-half I’d be sad to lose is Milosevic, but it seems Lamouchi doesn’t feel the same way.

Figueiredo is ok (massively overrated on here in my opinion) but has spent a hell of a lot of his time here unavailable, so assuming we got our money back for him, I wouldn’t be against a sale.

Hefele and Benalouane I’d let go for free to anyone who gets them off the wage bill.

Robinson looks like he’s got the LB shirt for now, so that leaves Worrall and Daws.

I’d keep Worrall unless a big bid is made (swap with Gibson?) because despite the errors he does have potential. Dawson’s not getting any younger though, so again, reliability issues there.

McKenna and Milosevic has got a nice balance to it with a left and right footer. Both good sizes and both not afraid to get involved physically (McKenna is huge).

I wouldn’t worry too much about the striker signing etc. We’re obviously working on it and we won’t leave ourselves short. I still think we’ll see 4 more coming in.

Absolutely agree about Figuereido. Physically he gets bullied way to easy, and when it happpens he loses his head and is a red card waiting to happen. Happy with Milo and Worrall. Daws looks his age but good cover and role model. Hefele is no where near the required quality. Benalouane is just too wild. A quality centre half is sensible if we can offload some of what we've got.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

I can't see Worrall going, not after kissing his badge on Friday.

Last edited by football post; 30-07-19 at 07:50.

We got a mention on Sky Sports News about bidding for this bloke, I almost fell off my chair.

Although it was quite funny that they also mentioned we have bid about £4m less than an offer that has been previously rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    We got a mention on Sky Sports News about bidding for this bloke, I almost fell off my chair.

Although it was quite funny that they also mentioned we have bid about £4m less than an offer that has been previously rejected.
    Don’t pay any attention to “offers previously mentioned”. These are invariably made up figures, usually by agents.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

With Daws age & injuries last year, Worrall is our main centreback now.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Absolutely agree about Figuereido. Physically he gets bullied way to easy, and when it happpens he loses his head and is a red card waiting to happen. Happy with Milo and Worrall. Daws looks his age but good cover and role model. Hefele is no where near the required quality. Benalouane is just too wild. A quality centre half is sensible if we can offload some of what we've got.
    Couldn't agree more, if he's young and good then some of the crap can go. By that I mean Hef and Beno

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post

Mind games....

Speaking to an Aberdeen fan, McKenna is worth more than £5 million, but isn't a ball playing centre half, more of a solid good in the air type.

Aberdeen have said they've recieved a fresh bid of a Championship club.