Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: John Bostock

Default Re: John Bostock

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Players that run around a lot & break up play are ten a penny, players that can pass the ball are harder to find
    It's an acknowledged fact we have our fair share of fellow fans who couldn't recognise a proper footballer if one came and fucking sat next to them in the ground Eddie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nottingham's dirty secret

He'll come good. Great passer of the ball who we've already seen play 2 pin point defence splitting passes in his limited minutes. Just needs a bit if match fitness amd perhaps more suited to Watson's role than playing alongside him as they're a tad slow as a duo.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    He'll come good. Great passer of the ball who we've already seen play 2 pin point defence splitting passes in his limited minutes. Just needs a bit if match fitness amd perhaps more suited to Watson's role than playing alongside him as they're a tad slow as a duo.
    Agreed.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Carvel View Post
    Agree. I think what was clear is he’s no replacement for Sow. Watson looked more mobile and quicker to the tackle than Bostock...

He seems more the type to sit and dictate play. Which is what Watson has been doing.

Also I think 4-4-2 out too much onus of the middle 2.

We need Sow and Semedo back in the squad badly.
    This is where Im at with the player, he looks decent, but alongside Watson the whole thing becomes a bit one paced. Sticking with whats worked all season means Sow, Semedo or Yates are needed in there to do the donkey work.

Id be happy to rotate Bostock with Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    This is where Im at with the player, he looks decent, but alongside Watson the whole thing becomes a bit one paced. Sticking with whats worked all season means Sow, Semedo or Yates are needed in there to do the donkey work.

Id be happy to rotate Bostock with Watson.
    true, seems like its the whole colback, watson dilemma again

Funny how some players arrive to be greeted with a fanfare and blizzard of praise and thanks.

Others arrive quietly and creep in the back door, blasted by unfavourable comments.

Then play on the pitch reveals their true abilities. Pre-signing hype doesn't always match ability.

Bostock was brought in as a fifth or sixth choice midfielder, a bencher to Watson, whom SL clearly rated from the start, and behind Sow, Semedo and Silva (perhaps even Yates) in the midfield's packing order.

So whether he plays well or not is not that important in the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Bostock was brought in as a fifth or sixth choice midfielder, a bencher to Watson, whom SL clearly rated from the start, and behind Sow, Semedo and Silva (perhaps even Yates) in the midfield's packing order.

So whether he plays well or not is not that important in the course of the season.
    It's important when he starts a game and looks leggy as fuck and offers nothing. There's been a clammer for him to start for reasons unknown to me and he fluffed his lines up against poor opposition

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Impressive member

Bostock wasn't great on Sunday but he did put in what should have been a goalscoring pass.
    He played well against Derby in the cup. I think he's absolutely fine, and should Watson break down at some point in the season, he'll be ideal playing alongside Samba Sow.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Always saw him as a Jan-March step in for Watson, so nothing's changed there. Hopefully Yates or Semedo can grow more into the Sow role. If niether are fit then again it may be a Jan job.

Senior Doom Monger

Shock-Horror Sports Headline: YET ANOTHER PLAYER FAILS TO TURN IN A WORLD BEATING PERFORMANCE IN HIS FIRST START IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Nottingham's dirty secret

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Shock-Horror Sports Headline: YET ANOTHER PLAYER FAILS TO TURN IN A WORLD BEATING PERFORMANCE IN HIS FIRST START IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!
    Beyond ridiculous isn't it.

Orchestrates the midfield in a 3-0 win v Derby and then looks a bit leggy in a midfield line-up that didn't suit his game in his first league start (yet still plays the pass of the match) and we've got people writing him off.

Ale ape.

Player who hasn't played matches doesn't look match fit. *shrug*

Yes that pass to Mir was delicious. Just as Silva and Grabban were on the touchline waiting to replace the named duo. A sliding doors moment.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Charlton want to take him from us.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...est-27-yr-old/

Looked slow and below Par whenever he's got game time this season. Providing we sign Oliveira I'm not going to be too fussed.

Like Semedo, I don't think he's awful and is fine as a squad player. But if he goes, I'm not overly bothered as long as we replace him with someone better.

Forum Tactician

Watsons been great so Bostocks lack of game time is understandable.

He's played 3 games, which isn't enough games to make a definitive judgement on anything about him.

Impressive member

As he's only on loan I'm less inclined to sentimentality about him, but he absolutely has not had much chance to cement a spot. Although I thought he looked fine when he played, especially against Derby. I'd definitely play him against Chelsea.

Not fussed either way but if there is a chance to bring in somebody they think will be better, take it.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

We do need cover for Watson, but he's looked fairly shit most games to me. Nice passing, but a liability defensively. I'd probably sooner play Daws there

No qualms if we've better coming in.

Surely he'll get a game at Chelsea... chasing shadows for 90m minutes as Chelsea under 19s hit us for six will help his match fitness

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Let him go, along with Mir and Muric.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Let him go, along with Mir and Muric.
    Forgot he was on loan. Yep.. send him back. No point in having him. Yates, Samedo, Watson, Sow, Silva and Carva is ample with young Brennan pushing

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

IMO we could conceivably return/get rid of:

Bostock
    Mir
    Semedo
    Yacob
    Bridcutt
    Yohan
    Hefele
    Clough
    Muric
    Adomah

and bring in: A striker, Winger and Centre-mid.

And we'd not only save money but be better for it.

I know we couldn't even give some of those away, but something need to look at.

I'd suggest we could get rid of Jenkinson and Darikwa too in the summer and have Richardson compete with Cash too. But for now Jenkinson is needed.