Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,083

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    Can you see Brentford paying that?
    Not usually, but last season their profit on players in and out was £25m and I’m hearing Neal Maupay could go to Sheffield United or Villa for around £20m.

    They’ve also just spent £6m on a couple of players.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,273

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    More chance of Mithradates VI, King of Pontus.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  4. #28
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    16,074

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    You can never have enough defenders.


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,172

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    Can you see Brentford paying that?
    They just paid 3m for Pinnock from Barnsley which was their transfer record and he too was a CB.

    It does seem a touch odd but their coach is a Scando.


  6. #30
    Nottingham's dirty secret
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    The one area we're well stocked in.

    Can't see this being true.


  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    North Herts & Lower Bridgford
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    We need more players with bad attitudes.


  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,229

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Not usually, but last season their profit on players in and out was £25m and I’m hearing Neal Maupay could go to Sheffield United or Villa for around £20m.

    They’ve also just spent £6m on a couple of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    They just paid 3m for Pinnock from Barnsley which was their transfer record and he too was a CB.

    It does seem a touch odd but their coach is a Scando.
    maybe this is their push-the-boat-out season

    doyen of boomer energy

  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,150

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Not really a Brentford type signing but I guess they'll end up selling Konsa and one of Maupay/Benrahma.


  10. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham's Finest View Post
    We need more players with bad attitudes.
    We already have Robinson and Benalouane who are ill-disciplined. Colback also picked up 15 yellow cards.

    Don't want to spend too much time playing with ten-men this season.


  11. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,172
    Last edited by BryanRoy; 07-07-19 at 13:43.

  12. #36

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Alioski protesting a bit too much there... 'Not in public Pontus'.


    Apparently agree a £5.5m, 20k+ p/w deal at Brentford.


    Very interesting deal that one, considering Brentford usually go for the more unknown and them polish them.


    Could be a very good side if they manage to not sell Maupay/Benrahma/Watkins/Sawyers. With many other very good players in their squad. Wonder if they play on going 3 at the back, with them already having Konsa and recently signing Pinnock too.


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,172

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Alioski protesting a bit too much there... 'Not in public Pontus'.


    Apparently agree a £5.5m, 20k+ p/w deal at Brentford.


    Very interesting deal that one, considering Brentford usually go for the more unknown and them polish them.


    Could be a very good side if they manage to not sell Maupay/Benrahma/Watkins/Sawyers. With many other very good players in their squad. Wonder if they play on going 3 at the back, with them already having Konsa and recently signing Pinnock too.
    Wonder what their net return has been in previous years ? It must allow them to dip their toes a little surely ?


  14. #38

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Wonder what their net return has been in previous years ? It must allow them to dip their toes a little surely ?
    Yeah, it must be a decent amount. Although I imagine they have invested heavily too. There's been some serious turnover. But their idea of identifying replacements well in advance makes their transitions quite seamless.

    If they are to make a serious got at it, they have the core there to find themselves having a Bournemouth type season and catching people out. They're often written off. But keeping what they've got and adding the experience of a Jansson could really have them up there.


  15. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    They definitely seem to be chucking a lot of money about, signing a player like Jansson is a serious statement of intent.

    The league looks pretty weak this year IMO, evidently Brentford have decided now is the time to have a proper crack at it.


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    386

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    In the last 12 months Brentford have sold:

    Dan Bentley - £2m to Bristol City, signed on a free from Southend
    John Egan - £4m to Sheffield United, free from Gillingham
    Nico Yennaris - £4m to Guoun (China), £100k from Arsenal
    Ryan Woods - £6.5m to Stoke, £1.2m from Shrewsbury
    Florian Josefzoon - £2.7m to Derby, £500k from PSV
    Chris Mepham - £12m to Bournemoth, Academy Graduate

    Plus Andre Gray, Scott Hogan, Jota, Moses Odebajo, James Tarkowski in the last few years too.

    They don't always make a profit, have released Bjelland (£2m) and Barbet (£600k), McEachran (£1m) and McLeod (£1m) this and last summer too, but they've made a lot recently which is allowing them to invest on more proven talent than they're used to.

    Their front 3 cost £5-6m combined, Maupay and Benrahma would fetch over £15m and Watkins close to £10m right now I'd imagine.


  17. #41
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    16,257

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    All these millions


  18. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,942

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    The look of regret is overwhelming. My particular favourite bit of this picture is the chewed and broken bic biro because they've completely spent up on signing him.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    11,025

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Where is he signing the contract? Gareth Cheesman’s living room.


  20. #44
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,698

    Default Re: [BUPA] Pontus Jansson

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Where is he signing the contract? Gareth Cheesman’s living room.
    He's bagged Wilf's seat at bottom club on domino's night. No wonder he looks like he's shitting himsen


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •