Thread: Tiago Silva!

Default Re: Tiago Silva!

How much did we make on Zach Clough

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    So Silva's fee could have been high, despite it not being released. But when selling imports and not releasing fees its because we sold them for insignificant fees?

The point isn't that particular fee or debate. It's that what you measure things by, like fees/undisclosed/opinion/interpretation is so mind bogglingly inconsistent, it's just to suit whatever your argument is on that day. I.e going from we're spending too much on one player, to then saying we're giving the manager cheap players to expect promotion from, to then saying that one of them might actually be expensive....

I just have literally never known anything like it.

I'll step away from this one now.
    You're stepping away coz you know you're outright wrong mate.

It's simple. That list of players I listed had absolutely no players on it which would have netted us significant return, undisclosed or not. No one has made ANY statement that any of those fees exceed a 7 figure sum

Whereas Silva's fee there has been a statement made that Silva's fee is in the 7 figure bracket

So at a minimum any of that lits which were undisclosed may have gone for 1p, whereas Silva has gone for at least 1m

Seem fairly straight forward to me

It's straight forward when you make things up/imagine them to suit your agenda, for sure it is.

Crazy.

A post advocating buying British, cherry picking 6 examples (4 of which are academy grads) and ignoring the mountains of home grown shite we've signed over the years is classic Alf. Even more so as it's carried over into multiple threads.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    A post advocating buying British, cherry picking 6 examples (4 of which are academy grads) and ignoring the mountains of home grown shite we've signed over the years is classic Alf. Even more so as it's carried over into multiple threads.
    It's a simple comparison to highlight how profitable British players are. Top 6 British sales Vs Top 6 Foreign sales.

Like top 6 Forest players VS Top 6 Derby players etc.

"Cherry picking" What do you expect? I'm not gonna set that bracket & pick a random set of 6

It's straight forward when you make things up/imagine them to suit your agenda, for sure it is.

Crazy.
    You're the crazy who always looks for agendas etc.

It's a simple point and I'm still open to anyone finding 6 foreign sales to match the total set.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 20-07-19 at 18:22.

In (any) Vrentzos' mind: academy graduates sold for big bucks = good; players from cheaper markets bought cheaply and sold for (any) profit = good; players bought for more than they're worth and in danger of not bringing in money = bad.

It's as simple and cynical as that. It has nothing to do with British vs. non-British.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    It's a simple comparison to highlight how profitable British players are. Top 6 British sales Vs Top 6 Foreign sales.

Like top 6 Forest players VS Top 6 Derby players etc.

"Cherry picking" What do you expect? I'm not gonna set that bracket & pick a random set of 6
    Your top 6 consists of a Congolese international and 4 academy grads.

Soudani
    Ansarifard
    Dejagah
    Tachtsidis
    Bouchalakis
    Kapino
    Lam
    Fuentes
    Perquis
    Stojković
    Licá
    Teixeira
    Dumitru
    Kasami
    Vellios
    Off the top of my head a lot of them were free transfers that we somehow moved on for fees.

Also quite a few loan players in there. It's quite hard making a profit off a player that was never ours.

Enough about finances.

Silva looks shit hot and is a handsome little fucker. If he gets us promoted i'd happily give him a cheeky tug in the main stand car park.

Your top 6 consists of a Congolese international and 4 academy grads.
    All British based. talent

Do try and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Off the top of my head a lot of them were free transfers that we somehow moved on for fees.

Also quite a few loan players in there. It's quite hard making a profit off a player that was never ours.
    It's not limited to that list mate. Find me 6 imports who netted us as much profit as the British Based ones did?

I'm not stuck in my POV. If you find 'em, I'll accept that there's just as much profit to be made. But I'm not gonna change my POV if there's no evidence to show otherwise.

That's all I'm asking for. Many times. Still no sign of anything from anyone? Just constant claims imports are as sound investment despite the evidence showing biggest profits made from homegrown/British signed players ?

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 20-07-19 at 18:49.

Do try and keep up.

It's not limited to that list mate. Find me 6 imports who netted us as much profit as the British Based ones did?

I'm not stuck in my POV. If you find 'em, I'll accept that there's just as much profit to be made. But I'm not gonna change my POV if there's no evidence to show otherwise.
    Oh i'm not in the business of arguing with you Alf.

Doesn't feel right on Rzarecteh. I'd never be able to do him justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Oh i'm not in the business of arguing with you Alf.

Doesn't feel right on Rzarecteh. I'd never be able to do him justice.
    Had him on ignore for ages now mate. I should be on his list too, so give him my best

Anyway Silva does look hot. I think him & Carva would be great at Pride week.......

Like the Portugese Right Said Fred?

Do try and keep up.

That's all I'm asking for. Many times. Still no sign of anything from anyone? Just constant claims imports are as sound investment despite the evidence showing biggest profits made from homegrown/British signed players ?
    Our recruitments been below par at best for years, be it British or Foreign.

If you've watched the Championship over the last 6/7 years and genuinely don't think there's value overseas then you're either deluded or you've not been paying attention.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Hey Alf. You missed Lansbury and Matt Mills off your list

And Gunter
    And Morgan
    What about Kelvin?
    Maybe there’s even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Warp Speed Chic

And Mackie.

Shudders.

Our recruitments been below par at best for years, be it British or Foreign.

If you've watched the Championship over the last 6/7 years and genuinely don't think there's value overseas then you're either deluded or you've not been paying attention.
    Never said there isn't value oversees, just that we've relied way too much on imports in the past few years, and that the British market isn't a bad one as some claimed it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Hey Alf. You missed Lansbury and Matt Mills off your list

And Gunter
    And Morgan
    What about Kelvin?
    Maybe there’s even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Lansbury who we bought for 1m then sold for 3m to make a 2m profit?

And the Morgan who won the Prem?

And the Gunts who's money we're still living off

All provong British investment is bad

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 20-07-19 at 20:28.

Poor and very anxious performance, but, as already commented upon by others, he was really not helped by his teammates.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Poor and very anxious performance, but, as already commented upon by others, he was really not helped by his teammates.
    Spot on (again).
    However, he looked absolutely lost, and transfixed, like a rabbit in the headlights, by the pace and physicality of the opposition.
    Sawyers for WBA is only slightly bigger than Silva, yet he dominated the midfield for most of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Spot on (again).
    However, he looked absolutely lost, and transfixed, like a rabbit in the headlights, by the pace and physicality of the opposition.
    Sawyers for WBA is only slightly bigger than Silva, yet he dominated the midfield for most of the match.

Different for Sawyers was his midfield partners were constantly around him. Easy pass out, little turn or a 1-2 and they broke any kind of press.

Silva got on the ball a lot in the first half, but every time he did, he had zero support around him. No-one busting a gut to help him with a neat 1-2 and away. Don't agree about him being lost or like a rabbit in the headlights, he looked to get on the ball whenever possible. Just when he did, he still had it all to do. WBA cut us off well, but felt there was a serious lack of desire to move for each other last night once we scored.

Different for Sawyers was his midfield partners were constantly around him. Easy pass out, little turn or a 1-2 and they broke any kind of press.

Silva got on the ball a lot in the first half, but every time he did, he had zero support around him. No-one busting a gut to help him with a neat 1-2 and away. Don't agree about him being lost or like a rabbit in the headlights, he looked to get on the ball whenever possible. Just when he did, he still had it all to do. WBA cut us off well, but felt there was a serious lack of desire to move for each other last night once we scored.
    Agree with this. All the midfielders appeared isolated, each playing their own game.

This is a challenge for the manager to get them playing together. I’m sure he is up to it.
    It’s just another illustration of a team and manager not having time to gel.

Not that type of player

He tried to get involved but the game passed him by. I agree that he often had few options available, players not showing or making runs when he had the ball. Their midfield dominated after the first ten minutes.

His set piece taking is ten times anything we’ve had in the past decade.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

I know it's not going to happen so all hypothetical but think he'd have benefitted from having Colback in there.
    Colback was always available for a pass and a quick one-two to get out of a tight spot.

One thing I do wonder is if him & Carva can play in the same team. Would be damn lightweight

Said it post Olympaicos. If he gets bullied by Bouchalakis, he's not got a prayer in the Championship.