Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2425

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

      
  1. #2126
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,649

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    It’s all speculation on my part Alf, but I can’t see MON working as hard as SL seems to be at this stage of his MON’s career.

    SL never seems to stop, triple sessions in pre-season, watching as many games as he can and the way he’s got us so organised so quickly. All looks to an outsider that SL has a voracious appetite for work. I think Marinakis respects that, I know I would if I was a chairman.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2127
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,939

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    When MON got the job I have written that I couldn't understand why EM brought him in. I said many times that he was incompatible with EM and how he views football. And this was a mistake that got fixed in summer.

    Now, lamouchi is compatible. He was brought in by our French people. EM values the most Karembue and Modesto. If SL shows work, good ethics, improvement and the locker rooms are happy with him then he will be backed up. If Modesto and Karembue will lose faith on him he won't. EM is not a crazy SOB He wants eagerly to find a manager to give him the team and stop bothering. But the manager has to be able to show work, improvement and be a person like SL and our Martins look to be.

    Last year we lost championship but Martins was backed up without a doubt because of this.

    Fans liked the football, the hope, the attitude, the improvement, the nice feeling in the locker room, the way the team was trying to get better.
    I still wouldn't put a tenner on him being here January 31st..... injury to grabban and or Lolley and its season over as we wont score.

    Massive oversight waiting to be exposed.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  4. #2128
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,296

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    It’s all speculation on my part Alf, but I can’t see MON working as hard as SL seems to be at this stage of his MON’s career.

    SL never seems to stop, triple sessions in pre-season, watching as many games as he can and the way he’s got us so organised so quickly. All looks to an outsider that SL has a voracious appetite for work. I think Marinakis respects that, I know I would if I was a chairman.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd agree with that mate, but I'd also argue that experience wouldn't mean he'd have to work as hard either.

    Mouch looks to be a great, hungry, savvy, decisive, intelligent coach who at 47 has a good 20-30 years ahead of him doing well in footy. Hopefully with us.

    But that's not to say MON couldn't have taken us up this year too.

    I'm glad we've got Mouch and have been very impressed with him. I hope we stick by him through the tough times, & hope he sticks by us should offers come from elsewhere. I know that's not typically modern football, but I think it could be the best thing for both all parties tbh.

    As Barry eludes to above, we're an injury or two away from hitting a "crisis". If this happens folk on the board want to be the ones taking the brunt, not Mouch.


  5. #2129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,935

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    That's what a pre-season working with players will get you mate.

    Agree with compatibility, but given a pre-season with 12 additions and I think MON would have started the season with a compatible setup too. In terms of on-pitch anyway. I don't think MON was ever gonna be compatible with some fans & a board who clearly like the coach/manager to be more of a yes man than MON is.

    I'm just preying Mouch gets the backing MON should have now we've done the initial thing. Again.
    Do you call lamouchi a yes man or I understand this wrong?
    How come? What are the evidence for that? MON wasn't compatible and I have said that from day one. You can search my posts at that time. I know how EM and his team works, what they expect from a manager, what football they support and that's why I said that. To me it was a completely awkward decision probably made after a proposal by someone local on the board and they accepted that. But as soon as Modesto and others took a more decisive role in the club this was an accident waiting to happen.

    EM and his team don't believe in manager style coaches. They believe in role separation. They don't give a license to kill to any manager for spending the budget. They have scouting, agents, technical directors, etc to propose players for the position the coach want. They cooperate with him on the final decision. The coach asks for a midfielder with some characteristics and they get him some proposals. This is how they work. Right or wrong it remains to be seen. But a manager to call the decisions won't happen.


  6. #2130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,347

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Do you call lamouchi a yes man or I understand this wrong?
    How come? What are the evidence for that? MON wasn't compatible and I have said that from day one. You can search my posts at that time. I know how EM and his team works, what they expect from a manager, what football they support and that's why I said that. To me it was a completely awkward decision probably made after a proposal by someone local on the board and they accepted that. But as soon as Modesto and others took a more decisive role in the club this was an accident waiting to happen.

    EM and his team don't believe in manager style coaches. They believe in role separation. They don't give a license to kill to any manager for spending the budget. They have scouting, agents, technical directors, etc to propose players for the position the coach want. They cooperate with him on the final decision. The coach asks for a midfielder with some characteristics and they get him some proposals. This is how they work. Right or wrong it remains to be seen. But a manager to call the decisions won't happen.
    And rightly so, the club should be built around the players and infastructure, not the manager.


  7. #2131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,935

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I still wouldn't put a tenner on him being here January 31st..... injury to grabban and or Lolley and its season over as we wont score.

    Massive oversight waiting to be exposed.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Apparently you don't know enough about how EM operates. Anyway. We'll see about that. I cannot pursuade you on that. EM doesn't judge by the results only. Let's see and hope that players will be healthy


  8. #2132
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,218

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Do you call lamouchi a yes man or I understand this wrong?
    How come? What are the evidence for that? MON wasn't compatible and I have said that from day one. You can search my posts at that time. I know how EM and his team works, what they expect from a manager, what football they support and that's why I said that. To me it was a completely awkward decision probably made after a proposal by someone local on the board and they accepted that. But as soon as Modesto and others took a more decisive role in the club this was an accident waiting to happen.

    EM and his team don't believe in manager style coaches. They believe in role separation. They don't give a license to kill to any manager for spending the budget. They have scouting, agents, technical directors, etc to propose players for the position the coach want. They cooperate with him on the final decision. The coach asks for a midfielder with some characteristics and they get him some proposals. This is how they work. Right or wrong it remains to be seen. But a manager to call the decisions won't happen.
    Why do you think it took so long to get Modesto and co into more hands on roles in the club? If it's EM's preferred structure why didn't he impose it earlier?

    It only takes a second to score a goal.

  9. #2133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,935

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Why do you think it took so long to get Modesto and co into more hands on roles in the club? If it's EM's preferred structure why didn't he impose it earlier?
    Because modesto is working for us too and that could put in danger us. We were In a huge rebuild phase last season. The team last season was changed completely and modesto, karembeu etc had to be here. At the same time they had to see whether what they were proposed could work or not on nffc. Perhaps another thing could work better in championship and there was no need for that. Who knows?


  10. #2134
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,939

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Apparently you don't know enough about how EM operates. Anyway. We'll see about that. I cannot pursuade you on that. EM doesn't judge by the results only. Let's see and hope that players will be healthy
    We go with what has been demonstrated so far here.

    I admire your confidence but like I've said somebody (not the manager) has fucked up massively and we are one bad tackle away from reaping those rewards.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  11. #2135
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,296

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Do you call lamouchi a yes man or I understand this wrong?
    How come? What are the evidence for that? MON wasn't compatible and I have said that from day one. You can search my posts at that time. I know how EM and his team works, what they expect from a manager, what football they support and that's why I said that. To me it was a completely awkward decision probably made after a proposal by someone local on the board and they accepted that. But as soon as Modesto and others took a more decisive role in the club this was an accident waiting to happen.

    EM and his team don't believe in manager style coaches. They believe in role separation. They don't give a license to kill to any manager for spending the budget. They have scouting, agents, technical directors, etc to propose players for the position the coach want. They cooperate with him on the final decision. The coach asks for a midfielder with some characteristics and they get him some proposals. This is how they work. Right or wrong it remains to be seen. But a manager to call the decisions won't happen.
    You're understanding that wrong mate. Like you say he's a coach not a manager. By that very definition he relinquishes more resposibility to the board regards transfers etc. That in turn gives the board more authority over footballing matters.

    Not sure why you're telling me that makes MON a less compatible fit, when that's the point I'm making myself?


  12. #2136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,935

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    You're understanding that wrong mate. Like you say he's a coach not a manager. By that very definition he relinquishes more resposibility to the board regards transfers etc. That in turn gives the board more authority over footballing matters.

    Not sure why you're telling me that makes MON a less compatible fit, when that's the point I'm making myself?
    Probably I misunderstood. Fine by me


  13. #2137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,935

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We go with what has been demonstrated so far here.

    I admire your confidence but like I've said somebody (not the manager) has fucked up massively and we are one bad tackle away from reaping those rewards.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    I am always confident when there is money, knowhow, work. There will be mistakes, tweaks, changes but at the end it's a matter of time.

    A club is improving first outside the pitch and then inside it. Otherwise it's just temporary improvement.

    EM has also to understand better how to work in championship. It takes time for him and his people too. When he acquired Olympiakos he didn't change things at once. It took him like 3 years to make the club actually his own. He did things step by step and that's in a club and a league he followed from a kid.


  14. #2138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Too close to Derby but still an NG postcode
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    I think the Grabban situation is the elephant in the room as Barry has pointed out. Not even an injury necessarily but a poor run of form or fatigue with Mir as the only similar player (position wise at least) who none of us know enough about is concerning. Lolley to me less so as we have a couple of players who could step in and do a job for a couple of games if required and Carvalho returning should offset it a little. Still think it would have been worth keeping Murphy sharp while we rectify it but what do I know?
    Saying that there have been times when we've had numerous strikers floating about and still been shite.


  15. #2139
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,218

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    If you take the one or two best players out of any team they will struggle. Dawson is just as important to us as Lolley or Grabban.


  16. #2140
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,052

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    If you take the one or two best players out of any team they will struggle. Dawson is just as important to us as Lolley or Grabban.
    He was a big loss last year.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  17. #2141
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,296

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    If you take the one or two best players out of any team they will struggle. Dawson is just as important to us as Lolley or Grabban.
    Shame the managers keep copping for it though.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  18. #2142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Too close to Derby but still an NG postcode
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    If you take the one or two best players out of any team they will struggle. Dawson is just as important to us as Lolley or Grabban.
    I agree but I suppose to step in we would have Milosevic or Figuerido or, though an unknown quantity, the new lad who we all consider decent back up. In the forward position we're certainly a little lightweight. Though admittedly I don't know an awful lot about Mir.


  19. #2143
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,939

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    If you take the one or two best players out of any team they will struggle. Dawson is just as important to us as Lolley or Grabban.
    Milo and Figs could step in and fill that role no probs, if Grabs or Lolley break we haven't got anyone to step up in the same way.

    So many games in this league are won by the odd goal, most of the time from the only glimpse of quality in that game...Mir has shown nothing so far and we will be lucky to get to xmas with either player unhurt or even suspended.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  20. #2144
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,218

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Milo and Figs could step in and fill that role no probs, if Grabs or Lolley break we haven't got anyone to step up in the same way.

    So many games in this league are won by the odd goal, most of the time from the only glimpse of quality in that game...Mir has shown nothing so far and we will be lucky to get to xmas with either player unhurt or even suspended.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Disagree. Dawson is as irreplaceable as the others. Look at the stats when he plays vs when he doesn't.


  21. #2145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Disagree. Dawson is as irreplaceable as the others. Look at the stats when he plays vs when he doesn't.
    Agree with this. Ironically it could be that Dawson’s time out with injury may have prolonged his career. I would very much hope this is the case.


  22. #2146
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,482

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Disagree. Dawson is as irreplaceable as the others. Look at the stats when he plays vs when he doesn't.
    Absolutely this.

    It’s his organisational ability too, he never shuts up pointing and cajoling and encouraging.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  23. #2147
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,939

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Disagree. Dawson is as irreplaceable as the others. Look at the stats when he plays vs when he doesn't.
    Not the dreaded stats.... maybe I've been scarred by it more than others but I seem to remember all Forests shit seasons since clough left being in conjunction with not being able to put the ball in the net...even in them times the defence has been ok, it's my main fear for this season.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  24. #2148
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,071

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach




  25. #2149
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,218

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Not the dreaded stats.... maybe I've been scarred by it more than others but I seem to remember all Forests shit seasons since clough left being in conjunction with not being able to put the ball in the net...even in them times the defence has been ok, it's my main fear for this season.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Defence is as important as attack. Winning by the odd goal doesn't happen unless you can stop the oppo scoring. For every Lolley 20 yarder there is a Dawson block and his leadership and experience in organising the back four.

    Another word for stats in this instance is facts. When Dawson plays we rarely lose. If we want to have a good season he needs to stay fit.


  26. #2150
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,344

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Karteo, I’m enjoying reading your posts in this thread. Like the balance they give and the thoughts of a non fully blinkered Forest fan.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •