Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2077

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

      
  1. #1476
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    3,576

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Thére would be some agents with sore arses after having a squash racquet handle rammed up em


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #1477
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Seriously 9 friendlies?
    Yeah, I think MON wanted us to be at our peak by August 3rd, so we could go proper down hill from then.

    COYR

    Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

    10th at best.

  4. #1478
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    11,028

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    Clough wasnt a coach at all.

    There's very few manager types today that are successful. And Cloughs shtick was as important as his tactical nous.

    But I think he'd finds it difficult to have his ego dominate the modern player like he did back then.

    Just an opinion, mind.
    It was a jokey comment.

    But yeah there is no way even he’d be able to get away with even half of what he did. Different times. He was a special person and would no doubt have adapted and been a success in some way, like he would have done had he gone in to a different career. Even now though I reckon a huge part of being a manager (in football or any field actually) is psychology of players and he was a master.

    I remember listening to Frank Clark talk about getting a bollocking for going for a run. Clough was adamant they would burn out. When you think they played 60 games and maybe had a squad of 18 it was a pretty valid concern. Ahead of his time on keeping players fresh although technology / nutrition does change and move on. I reckon a prime clough would be embracing it all.

    But like I said, different times and not a serious comment.


  5. #1479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    Thére would be some agents with sore arses after having a squash racquet handle rammed up em
    I'm not sure I agree Phil.

    Cloughie was no mug and therefore would have adapted to the point that he'd probably have an agent himself were he a manager today, just as Ferguson and others who go back as far as BC's era do.


  6. #1480
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    3,225

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Totally agree, Clough was savvy and smart. He would have adapted with the times and embraced it.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


  7. #1481
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Rushcliffe
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    I like what I've seen thus far. I was at the game the other night and it was clear there was a plan the players were working to. We're missing a playmaker though. Still holding out hope that Colback will return.


  8. #1482
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    I like what I've seen thus far. I was at the game the other night and it was clear there was a plan the players were working to. We're missing a playmaker though. Still holding out hope that Colback will return.
    That, I'm afraid, looks less and less likely with everyday that goes by


  9. #1483
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,525

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Think the more we'll play, the less of a fit Colback will become. Good player, But I could see him racking up a ton of bookings playing that high line.


  10. #1484
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,397

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Ahead of his time on keeping players fresh although technology / nutrition does change and move on.
    You mean that taking his tense players out for several beverages to relax them the night before a cup final wouldn't work anymore?


  11. #1485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,157

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Think the more we'll play, the less of a fit Colback will become. Good player, But I could see him racking up a ton of bookings playing that high line.
    Not on board with the Colback doesn't fit in party.

    He is a top player at this level, for me he is ideal at the base. People forget how good a protecter Colback is.


  12. #1486
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,668

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    It'll be interesting to see how Lamouchi's set up works against a team that has a very rigid back line and simply pumps the ball long to two physical strikers. I doubt he's had much experience of that sort of setup and the 4-1-2-3 he's employing will be pretty much untested against such an agricultural setup.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  13. #1487
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,733

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Lamouchi's set up works against a team that has a very rigid back line and simply pumps the ball long to two physical strikers. I doubt he's had much experience of that sort of setup and the 4-1-2-3 he's employing will be pretty much untested against such an agricultural setup.
    Is MON back in management then?


  14. #1488
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    15,945

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Is MON back in management then?
    Think we have a few copy cats in this division


  15. #1489
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,045

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Is MON back in management then?
    No, but Warnock is back in the division.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  16. #1490
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,525

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Lamouchi's set up works against a team that has a very rigid back line and simply pumps the ball long to two physical strikers. I doubt he's had much experience of that sort of setup and the 4-1-2-3 he's employing will be pretty much untested against such an agricultural setup.
    Cut that long ball out at source. If Palace is a yardstick, we clearly intend to do huge amounts of work off the ball to pen teams in. We've also got great aerial presence with Dawson & Milosevic sweeping up & maybe a bigger presence in front (Semedo/Guedioura)


  17. #1491
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,733

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    No, but Warnock is back in the division.
    with or with eyebrows?

    you'd think the old twat would knock it on the head at his age


  18. #1492
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    33,780

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Lamouchi's set up works against a team that has a very rigid back line and simply pumps the ball long to two physical strikers. I doubt he's had much experience of that sort of setup and the 4-1-2-3 he's employing will be pretty much untested against such an agricultural setup.
    Just trying to think who this applies to... Not many teams play that way now.

    Cardiff fo sho
    Charlton?
    Millwall
    Preston ?

    That's it as far as I can tell. It's enough though.

    “A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.”

  19. #1493
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    11,028

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    You mean that taking his tense players out for several beverages to relax them the night before a cup final wouldn't work anymore?
    Maybe that is what pochettino did before the cl final.


  20. #1494
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,668

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Just trying to think who this applies to... Not many teams play that way now.

    Cardiff fo sho
    Charlton?
    Millwall
    Preston ?

    That's it as far as I can tell. It's enough though.
    That's potentially 24 points lost in a worst case scenario which could be the difference between relegation and top six.

    Can also add Stoke and West Brom to the mix, potentially Blackburn, Birmingham and Barnsley too.

    There's enough games there to think we're going to have to deal with a more physical direct side. The history is there for us to see - Warburton tried an open, attacking and (sometimes) pressing game which was frankly found out by sides who went from defence to attack in one 60 yard 'pass'


  21. #1495
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    33,780

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    That's potentially 24 points lost in a worst case scenario which could be the difference between relegation and top six.

    Can also add Stoke and West Brom to the mix, potentially Blackburn, Birmingham and Barnsley too.

    There's enough games there to think we're going to have to deal with a more physical direct side. The history is there for us to see - Warburton tried an open, attacking and (sometimes) pressing game which was frankly found out by sides who went from defence to attack in one 60 yard 'pass'
    West Brom will pass it under Bilic. Barnsley pass it. Blackburn pass it. Stoke were passing it under Potter. Who knows now. Birmingham maybe.

    Warburton paid zero attention to the defence. By all accounts Sabri wont be as negligent. We also have strong centre backs and reasonable depth now. Dawson can certainly cope with an aerial bombardment.

    Last edited by Ravi; 22-07-19 at 14:37.

  22. #1496
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,668

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    West Brom will pass it under Bilic. Barnsley pass it. Blackburn pass it. Stoke were passing it under Potter. Who knows now. Birmingham maybe.

    Warburton paid zero attention to the defence. By all accounts Sabri wont be as negligent. We also have strong centre backs and reasonable depth now. Dawson can certainly cope with an aerial bombardment.
    Wasn't aware WBA got Bilic.

    I've really not been paying attention over the last few months.


  23. #1497
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    16,263

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    All these assumptions.

    He'll be gone in a few months and EVERYBODY knows it especially EM.


  24. #1498
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,633

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    All these assumptions.

    He'll be gone in a few months and EVERYBODY knows it especially EM.
    Yes, but if that's the normal scenario, then everyone is happily surprised if the manager stays. Much better than hoping that the manager stays only to become disillusioned again and again.


  25. #1499
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    16,263

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Yes, but if that's the normal scenario, then everyone is happily surprised if the manager stays. Much better than hoping that the manager stays only to become disillusioned again and again.
    But its a fact mee duk, no point dwelling on it.

    We all hope its different but thats all it is, HOPE.


  26. #1500
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi is the new Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    All these assumptions.

    He'll be gone in a few months and EVERYBODY knows it especially EM.
    Let's hope yours turns out to be a wrong assumption too, eh Ray?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •