Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 2841

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi appreciation thread

Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi appreciation thread

I think Wigan was Sabri's first misstep so far this season. Big issue for me was Ameobi as a 10, where he had a shocker against Blackburn, and playing Watson and Bostock as a midfield 2 when neither are mobile enough, and we needed easy passing options out from the back.

On the plus side we learnt Mir isn't even close to being a natural finisher, Silva looked good when he came on, and Bostock is a tidy footballer with an eye for a killer through ball. With some real drive next to him I think he could do a job. Maybe Yates could have a big role this season yet?

Robinson had a shocker on the ball as well. Maybe time to promote Ribeiro to first choice left back.

And this was a game we missed Daws in big time, and not just aerially but for leadership. Big lump of a centre half dominated Figuereido, though he stuck in there. But there were times he was dropping onto Cash and Figs just held in the middle leaving Cashy very exposed in the air and 2 on 1 when he inevitably lost out On the high ball. Daws wouldn't have kept letting that happen.

Last edited by Red Ray's Redlist; 21-10-19 at 20:41.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    That's not a third leg.
    Every woman's - dream tripod man?
    Is it cheating if it doesn't fit?

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    I think Wigan was Sabri's first misstep so far this season. Big issue for me was Ameobi as a 10, where he had a shocker against Blackburn, and playing Watson and Bostock as a midfield 2 when neither are mobile enough, and we needed easy passing options out from the back.

On the plus side we learnt Mir isn't even close to being a natural finisher, Silva looked good when he came on, and Bostock is a tidy footballer with an eye for a killer through ball. With some real drive next to him I think he could do a job. Maybe Yates could have a big role this season yet?

Robinson had a shocker on the ball as well. Maybe time to promote Ribeiro to first choice left back.

And this was a game we missed Daws in big time, and not just aerially but for leadership. Big lump of a centre half dominated Figuereido, though he stuck in there. But there were times he was dropping onto Cash and Figs just held in the middle leaving Cashy very exposed in the air and 2 on 1 when he inevitably lost out On the high ball. Daws wouldn't have kept letting that happen.
    You make some good observations RRR, but I fail to see how Mir's finishing deficiencies can be regarded as a plus point to take out of yesterday's game?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    You make some good observations RRR, but I fail to see how Mir's finishing deficiencies can be regarded as a plus point to take out of yesterday's game?
    Simply that it's best to learn quickly if a player just doesn't have it. He looked well short of the ability required.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Simply that it's best to learn quickly if a player just doesn't have it. He looked well short of the ability required.
    I'd personally like to think that SL will give the lad more than one game - immediately following a period out with injury - to try and prove himself as an acceptable back-up to Grabban

We got what we deserved.

None of us will ever know the managers thinking, but 5 changes, unless forced, was taking the piss.

There was obviously a game plan, but it fell flat on it's face.

Personally, I think you should start your first 11 through thick and thin, unless injury dictates otherwise.

Fuck me, they only run around for 90 minutes, no more than twice a week.

If the poor luvs can't manage that perhaps Lamouchi can organise a week of shelf filling at Tesco to give the poor saps a taste of reality.

We are NOT a great side by any stretch of the imagination and our few game changing players are either out injured or have only really been firing on three, sometimes just two, cylinders.

Up till 5.00pm last Saturday we were joint top, undefeated in 10 games. That has taken some sound tactical awareness to achieve and I think Lamouchi is also aware that it has a short-term shelf life. Take two, maybe even just one more out the equation through injury or suspension and he starts more facing damage limitation tactics rather than the type that has seen us taking the points.

I'm quite prepared to believe that this lead to his team changes on Sunday, on the argument that it is better to start looking at what the real options might be under his own steam rather than wait till its forced on him and he's got no other choice. He's preparing himself whilst having the safety net of points and position that HE'S FORGED on the board.

His side lost but he will have learnt a few things that could be very valuable to him in the coming weeks. I've taken to the guy, he's had us over achieving considering particular players form and he's not daft enough to ignore that one mistimed challenge by the opposition or one 'heat of the moment' red card could tip the balance from us being tactical winners to having to hang on in there.

It wouldn't have been a wasted point or three on Sunday, he's spent it on some important housekeeping me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    We are NOT a great side by any stretch of the imagination and our few game changing players are either out injured or have only really been firing on three, sometimes just two, cylinders.

Up till 5.00pm last Saturday we were joint top, undefeated in 10 games. That has taken some sound tactical awareness to achieve and I think Lamouchi is also aware that it has a short-term shelf life. Take two, maybe even just one more out the equation through injury or suspension and he starts more facing damage limitation tactics rather than the type that has seen us taking the points.

I'm quite prepared to believe that this lead to his team changes on Sunday, on the argument that it is better to start looking at what the real options might be under his own steam rather than wait till its forced on him and he's got no other choice. He's preparing himself whilst having the safety net of points and position that HE'S FORGED on the board.

His side lost but he will have learnt a few things that could be very valuable to him in the coming weeks. I've taken to the guy, he's had us over achieving considering particular players form and he's not daft enough to ignore that one mistimed challenge by the opposition or one 'heat of the moment' red card could tip the balance from us being tactical winners to having to hang on in there.

It wouldn't have been a wasted point or three on Sunday, he's spent it on some important housekeeping me thinks.
    That's exactly how I saw it too. He's learnt a hell of a lot from that one game which has cost us 3 points now but potentially saved us a fair few down the line. It also gives him and the recruitment team a good idea of what we need to bolstor the squad in January.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Wigan 1-0 Forest

A game that proved SL is human after all.

A disappointing result but we could have got a point on another day.

SL cards a virtual bogey to slip to -3 on my rolling scorecard.

Here he is with Bruno travelling back from Wigan...

https://youtu.be/hrB-_nIer88

Where's me hammer?

Nothing to this point has convinced me he will make the season. Poor planning from above will hamstrung him and luck can only get you so far.

His arrogance V Wigan might have been forgotten if we werent outplayed by 10 man Hull.

Hope the new guy dont have shit players like Mir dropped on by Mondeoman.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Last edited by Barry; 24-10-19 at 07:33.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

I'm interested to see what our midfield is on Saturday, Silva must start but who else makes the eleven? Sabri's got lots to think about in the next couple of days.

Impressive member

Yates should stay in.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Yates should stay in.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    He’s just had his first run out since an operation on his knee. It’s unlikely that he’ll be fit enough to be a starter for a while yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Yates should stay in.
    Plus side, he fits the Lamouchi brief, he didnt do anything wrong last night & Watsons experience allows Yates to revert to type & follow the ball.

Negative side, he slows the play down with his decision making & passing, he gives away cheap fouls & Watson isnt a shoe in to play.

Silva plays, Id consider Bostock next to him & reluctantly give Carvalho a shot at Reading to find some form. Id understand if yates got a go all the same.

The elephant in the room is that since Carvalho's return we've looked worse as a side. I said in the Brentford thread he needs a run of games in the under 23s to get up to speed and to learn his new position.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I said in the Brentford thread he needs a run of games in the under 23s to get up to speed and to learn his new position.
    But he won't learn a new position like that, especially not against the standard of players playing in the U23 games. It's only in the Championship where the reality bites, the intensity you saw from Hull's midfield was completely different to anything you'll ever see in the U23s.

You can't ignore the fact that we played far better against Brentford with both Silva and Carvalho in the side. At the same time you can't the ignore the fact that Sow also played. It's Sow, or someone of his style, we are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    But he won't learn a new position like that, especially not against the standard of players playing in the U23 games. It's only in the Championship where the reality bites, the intensity you saw from Hull's midfield was completely different to anything you'll ever see in the U23s.

You can't ignore the fact that we played far better against Brentford with both Silva and Carvalho in the side. At the same time you can't the ignore the fact that Sow also played. It's Sow, or someone of his style, we are missing.
    Carvalho was anonymous against Brentford. Whilst we shoe horn him in we drop points or lose fluidity. If you don't agree to the under 23s, then his football will be limited to 15 minute cameos.

The plus side is his attitude seems to be impeccable and Reading are turd so hopefully he can kick start his performances this Saturday.

Senior Doom Monger

Carvalho was anonymous against Brentford. Whilst we shoe horn him in we drop points or lose fluidity. If you don't agree to the under 23s, then his football will be limited to 15 minute cameos.

The plus side is his attitude seems to be impeccable and Reading are turd so hopefully he can kick start his performances this Saturday.
    Reading are turd?
    I assume you mean they are not very good.
    And how are we fairing against the not very good sides?
    I think Reading will have seen how poor we are in midfield over the last 2 games and come and over-run us there, effectively isolating our defence from our attack.
    Hence I think we should play Bostock in Watson's position as I think Bostock has a passing range to by-pass the Reading midfield and get our striker in and on goal.
    And Grabban needs to score - a whole month without a goal by our loan talisman striker is very poor... or turd if you prefer.

Reading are turd?
    I assume you mean they are not very good.
    And how are we fairing against the not very good sides?
    I think Reading will have seen how poor we are in midfield over the last 2 games and come and over-run us there, effectively isolating our defence from our attack.
    Hence I think we should play Bostock in Watson's position as I think Bostock has a passing range to by-pass the Reading midfield and get our striker in and on goal.
    And Grabban needs to score - a whole month without a goal by our loan talisman striker is very poor... or turd if you prefer.
    Well a turd is a shit and shit doesn't mean good does it?

But you knew that didn't you...

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Well a turd is a shit and shit doesn't mean good does it?

But you knew that didn't you...
    Unless it's shit-good.......

oopsy daisy!

Try boosting his confidence... it may do more good than sniping at him.

Forest 1-2 Hull

A really flat performance, disappointing and instantly forgettable.

Last night highlighted how the squad will require much more work to get to contender status.

SL cards another virtual bogey to slip to -2 on my rolling scorecard.

I think Lamouchi was outwitted again by Hull. We play with high fullbacks, which works when you’re sitting back and waiting for the counter - but against teams that compress the space in their own half, our full backs get caught massively out of position.

Cash looked great because his pace allows him to make last ditch tackles when wingers break, but the fact is we shouldn’t be having to make those tackles. Our shape is wrong when we have more of the ball than the opposition.

I think this is probably because we rely on Sow to sit in front of the back 3 of Watson/Worrall/Chema to cut those counterattacking opposition wingers off, but with Silva trying to push higher to influence the attack were horribly exposed.

Lamouchi needs to balance the side out to nullify the threat or change the shape.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    The last bit of my post was not actually aimed at Grabban.
    I take your point though... apologies.