Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Arijanet Muric

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: Arijanet Muric

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Dont think you can always legislate for things like this. Muric comes with decent Pedigree & backing from the best manager in the world. Our keeping position needed sorting, we needed a good distributor of the ball, he looked a good fit all round.

The player coming & producing what he has should be a surprise to everyone.
    All hype to me mate. Common sense would say a 20 year old with a handful of games is gonna have a lot to learn, and make mistakes along the way.

The club giving him game time is the one that carries that.

For me it displays our transfer naivity. Loans should always be players who are a definite-play for the job required, muchlike Colback or Shorey on loan when going for the playoffs.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 11-09-19 at 10:44.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Are there any actual sources that suggest Forest are paying £40,000 a week to Muric?

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Are there any actual sources that suggest Forest are paying £40,000 a week to Muric?
    Just usual net gossip. Which is why I put the "if" in the earlier post

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Just usual net gossip.
    Which almost certainly ensures that that figure is pony Alf.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Which almost certainly ensures that that figure is pony and deployed continually by Alf.
    FTFY

doyen of boomer energy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    I'd argue the complete opposite.

I think there are certain people who have been excusing bad performances just because 'Pep rates him highly' and he had a good run in the Micky Mouse Cup last year.

If he'd been bought as a little known keeper from Shrewsbury and started the season looking so nervous and error prone he'd have been bombed out sooner.
    Agreed, or Jordon Smith, he'd have been ripped a new one.. I think he's been given a pretty easy time until tonight (considering his performances)..

Clapham Eco Warrior

Did we get mentioned in commentary in relation to him last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Another good save with his shin to deny Sterling!
    He put them in trouble for that shot in the first place with a dodgy pass out from the back.

Muric is good, and many of Kosovo's fast breaks came from his spot on fast distibution. Not sure he had much chance with any of the goals. Maybe could have cut out the cross to their own goal.

I think Samba however, has turned out to have exceeded most expectations so far. I can't see how he can be dropped on current form. He is someone SL wanted whereas Muric was greased up for his move well before SL came in.

The only niggle if Muric continues to warm our bench will be pressure from Man City, especially if we had thrown any guarantees their way in order to secure the loan move.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Did we get mentioned in commentary in relation to him last night?
    Yep. They said he was on loan with us and had a stinker v WBA and had been dropped

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

If he gets reinstated Satdy eel be pikin a similar amount of balls out behind that white line.

Leave Sammychapman in.

Didn't Martin scout this geezer.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Didn't Martin scout this geezer.
    No idea pal, who knows who picks who who scouts who and who signs who?? It's a fukin mystery innit,that nobody is allowed to question.

Eez a good Keeper still, but shipping a nap hand again in four days is no good to any keeper, let Sam do it, cuz them welsh fukkas will be peppering our goal like a machine gun.

Martin and someone else - goalkeeping coach I think - were pictured at a Kosovo game in the summer watching him before Aro got signed and before Martin got the boot. Weren’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a good keeper who has hit a rough patch of form.

He has loads to learn and, I seem to recall, was bought in at a time when we only rely had Pants who was up to the job of being a regular Number 1.

I think Samba became available after, and if he had come in before Muric then Muric might not have been signed.

As a general rule I don't like this idea of loaning young unproven players from top clubs with a view to developing them at the expense of our own players.

Samba > Muric > Pants > Smith.

Subjective as to how Muric has fared so far, but that seems to be the pecking order & rightly so in my opinion.

If there is a way of offloading in Jan, that looks like the preferred option given his wages.
    I'm interested to know why you think Muric is rightly infront of Pants with what you've seen so far?

At least Samba has got pressure to keep it up. Brice power!

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    I'm interested to know why you think Muric is rightly infront of Pants with what you've seen so far?
    If Im honest, I was more pre occupied with putting Samba in front of Muric to consider the implications further down the order.

They do look similar in terms of their capacity to make mistakes, but Muric looks a better distributor. I think he's a much better keeper than we've seen, couldn't say that about Pantillimon.

If Im honest, I was more pre occupied with putting Samba in front of Muric to consider the implications further down the order.

They do look similar in terms of their capacity to make mistakes, but Muric looks a better distributor. I think he's a much better keeper than we've seen, couldn't say that about Pantillimon.
    Fair enough.

I agree he has to be better than we've seen because City rave about him and so far he's been one of the worst keepers I've seen at Forest in his brief spell.

Still, early days.

Senior Doom Monger

I think Muric at the moment would be on a par with Paul Smith - yes that Paul Smith who was brilliant at times a frightened rabbit at other times.

I think if he was playing week in week out this year we'd miss out on a significant number of points on his current showing. I'd feel more comfortable with all our other three keepers. Thats not to say he won't be the best keeper in the world one day, i just don't think he's going to get anything out of this. Maybe he's off key knowing he was wanted by out previous manager and this one doesn't fancy him..

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    At least Samba has got pressure to keep it up. Brice power!
    Brice, Brice, Baby...

No contest for me. He's some way off number 1, but he's a young lad..quite why hes learning his trade here is lost on me unless theres a further loan to come? Maybe building some bridges with arguably the top team in Europe is not a bad idea..

I actually think his distribution is complete dogshit. Muric puts you in imminent danger whereas Pants just gives the opposition a throw in.

The least confident I have ever felt in a 'keeper.

He's shit and a waste of money.

That is all.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by sammy the snake View Post
    No contest for me. He's some way off number 1, but he's a young lad..quite why hes learning his trade here is lost on me unless theres a further loan to come? Maybe building some bridges with arguably the top team in Europe is not a bad idea..
    Oh, is your meaning we change our shirts to sky-blue and rename ourselves Man City reserves in preparation for the overhaul of English football, which will result in 2 full-time professional leagues called "The Premiership" and "The Premiership Reserves"?