Impressive member

Default Re: [BUPA] Arijanet Muric

We need to sort this one this week.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Clapham Eco Warrior

Don't know anything about this badger - seems pretty young? I'm assuming he'd come in as #1 keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Don't know anything about this badger - seems pretty young? I'm assuming he'd come in as #1 keeper?
    I can't imagine Man City letting us take one of their brightest prospects without getting some assurances that he will be number 1 and getting game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    I can't imagine Man City letting us take one of their brightest prospects without getting some assurances that he will be number 1 and getting game time.
    I hear they put clauses and penalties in the loan conetracts these days, so when you borrow a precious from the wondrous 6 you need to play ‘em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can remove the BUPA now I reckon

Nixon saying Muric is about to choose who he goes on loan to, says "Preston still active and Forest strong chance."

Only concern for me is Preston don't have a goalkeeper and they loaned Lukas Nmecha and Brandon Barker from them in building a relationship. They expect him to play otherwise there will be penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Only concern for me is Preston don't have a goalkeeper and they loaned Lukas Nmecha and Brandon Barker from them in building a relationship. They expect him to play otherwise there will be penalties.
    Plus he probably wouldn't have to move if he went to Preston, just commute from where he lives. Just got to hope Forest has been sold to him well enough.

Seems Preston will be more likely. Not arsed either way to be honest, midfield and wing backs are a far bigger priority than replacing Pantilimon IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Plus he probably wouldn't have to move if he went to Preston, just commute from where he lives. Just got to hope Forest has been sold to him well enough.
    Lets hope so. MON/Seamus going to Bulgaria must be quite serious so his agent will know all about it.

The chances are, if he can get through the inexperienced barrier he is elite potential so there is strong belief he would be an improvement on Costel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Seems Preston will be more likely. Not arsed either way to be honest, midfield and wing backs are a far bigger priority than replacing Pantilimon IMO.
    You gotta build from the back, Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor_82 View Post
    You gotta build from the back, Ash.
    I don't think goalkeepers are centre halves are the problem though. Full backs aside, we are alright in that department. It's what is in front of the backline that's a bit of a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I don't think goalkeepers are centre halves are the problem though. Full backs aside, we are alright in that department. It's what is in front of the backline that's a bit of a shambles.
    I'm just not a big fan of Pants, TBH.

To be fair, if you read carefully through this forum, the whole bloody lot are not up to the job and need replacing. Something we might not be able to do in this window, so the selective approach will have to suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    To be fair, if you read carefully through this forum, the whole bloody lot are not up to the job and need replacing. Something we might not be able to do in this window, so the selective approach will have to suffice.
    I think we are alright in most positions. Midfield and full backs/ wing backs stand out as huge problem positions and should be the focus of this transfer window.

I don't think signing another keeper (which will probably trigger the exit of Pantilimon) makes much of a difference to our prospects for next season. A proper shoulder-shrugging signing, IMO.

Forum Tactician

We'll need a decent keeper to keep us up at this rate.

You take deals when they are presented to you, especially if you feel they are a significant upgrade at that position.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stayed in Eastern Europe post internationals. Was in London this morning and only flying home to Zurich tonight. Nice long day in London.

"Manchester City goalkeeper Aro Muric is set to join Nottingham Forest on a season-long loan." - Today's Sun.

https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

As expected. He would never be in London for Preston.

The Sun say he has chosen us.

Pants probably be sold to a random foriegn club if this lad joins on loan

Forum Tactician

Good signing, hopefully this lad brings fewer mistakes, more authority on crosses & better distribution. With the added bonus of getting a dialogue going with City.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Pants probably be sold to a random foriegn club if this lad joins on loan
    Quite likely I'd imagine. If it helps raise a few quid to help us with any FFP issues then it'd make perfect sense to do that. Similar to selling Soudani and signing Ameobi on a free really (though I am sure Muric is a much better player than Ameobi, of course).

I thought Pantillimon was decent for us last season after a shakey start but his distribution let him down and he was unfathomably reluctant to come through the box for crosses. Excellent shot stopper and often made saves look easier than they were due to his height.

Man City have a club philosophy of style under Pep, under this keepers must be good with their feet so we can expect a big improvement in that department. Muric is highly regarded under Pep and MON obviously realises our own green jumpered geniuses philosophy in starting the team with an excellent keeper and building the team from there.

Pantillimon is good, Muric is excellent.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

He's a young keeper and he will make mistakes, supporters have to recognise that and focus on what he does well rather than the slip ups. He's also gonna learn a lot about himself and how he responds to those accidents, he has very few first team games under his belt, gonna be a big learning process.