Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Arijanet Muric

Default Re: Arijanet Muric

It's the sort of calculated risk this club hasn't been making to kick us on and the likes of Brentford & Derby/Leeds/Norwich 2018/19 do.

Muric has a seriously high ceiling that we need to back.

There will be the odd downer but lets get through that. Importantly characters in young players that can bounce back. Think a few of our lads have got it and this guy certainly does.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

One thing that was instantly noticable is the speed of him. Coming out to deal with the ball, collecting crosses or moving across his goal. He is super fast.

Late on in the game Palace were attacking from the wing and when the player (Townsend I think) looked down to cross the ball he had already moved 3 or 4 yards off his line and by the time he crossed it, it was just in his chest despite him being on the edge of his 6 yard box.

Like was said when he was signed, people are going to have to be patient with him - he will completely change the way we approach games due to his distribution. He IS gonna make mistakes because he plays such an aggressive style but it's completely worth it.

What encouraged me was the reception he got, think his confidence in himself spreads to the crowd.

Warp Speed Chic

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    One thing that was instantly noticable is the speed of him. Coming out to deal with the ball, collecting crosses or moving across his goal. He is super fast.

Late on in the game Palace were attacking from the wing and when the player (Townsend I think) looked down to cross the ball he had already moved 3 or 4 yards off his line and by the time he crossed it, it was just in his chest despite him being on the edge of his 6 yard box.

Like was said when he was signed, people are going to have to be patient with him - he will completely change the way we approach games due to his distribution. He IS gonna make mistakes because he plays such an aggressive style but it's completely worth it.

What encouraged me was the reception he got, think his confidence in himself spreads to the crowd.
    The aggressiveness is one of the reasons why I think Ederson is the best GK to watch at the moment.

He's onto a through ball quicker than an attacker realises he's been played in, it's brilliant. If we get a bit of that it'll be worth a season ticket alone.

Not sure I fancy the skilling players on on the line though.

Forum Tactician

Brilliant last night, handling was spot on, distribution too, notable our full backs can adopt a higher line because Muric will find them.

He also sent a huge throw to get Lolley on his way.

Could yet be the trump card this season.

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

He was brilliant last night, really commands his area.

Seems to read the play very well, always looked in the right place at the right time which sounds like it should be a basic requirement, but he just does it so well without hesitation.

And he is also very vocal, very loud. I can't remember a keeper of ours who would constantly bark at the outfield players like he did.

COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyRed View Post
    And he is also very vocal, very loud. I can't remember a keeper of ours who would constantly bark at the outfield players like he did.
    If you look up a few posts, it is one of the reasons why Pants is better than Muric.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    If you look up a few posts, it is one of the reasons why Pants is better than Muric.
    There is being vocal, and being vocal.

Pants shouted a lot of encouragement when defenders did well or would have a go when he's been called upon to make a save. Very reactive stuff

Muric from watching the Palace match is more proactive. Talking to defenders a lot more, not only when we're in danger but when we are attacking too. He can do this as his starting position is further forward, closer to the other players.

Of course early days but I think we've pulled off one of the signings of the season here.

Sorry it was just abit of a snarky comment as it was insinuated that one of the reasons Pants is a better goalkeeper and more ready than Muric is because he was a more vocal goalkeeper in one half v Olympiakos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for 20+ clean sheets for Muric this season.

That will have us in the mix.

He also gives us another attacking outlet.

On the rate occasion Pantillimon actually took a cross, he'd usually ponder options for a few seconds and eventually roll it out to the defence which gave the opposition enough time to retreat and reorganise.

How many goals do you remember us scoring on the pure counter attack last season? I don't remember many. That's going to change this season with Muric being able to find two wingers with loads of space to attack against from a 40 yard throw which removes 5 or 6 players opposition from the play.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

On the rate occasion Pantillimon actually took a cross, he'd usually ponder options for a few seconds and eventually roll it out to the defence which gave the opposition enough time to retreat and reorganise.

How many goals do you remember us scoring on the pure counter attack last season? I don't remember many. That's going to change this season with Muric being able to find two wingers with loads of space to attack against from a 40 yard throw which removes 5 or 6 players opposition from the play.
    The only ones I can clearly remember were all in that Villa game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

Yep, quickly looking for the long throw to counter attack, and also passing to players in space in front of him. Plenty of attacking options that we hardly exploited last season.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Could yet be the trump card this season.
    Just needs a "Make Forest Great Again" cap

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    Just needs a "Make Forest Great Again" cap
    You just played your Trump card.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    You just played your Trump card.
    Diamond of a pun.

Quote Originally Posted by bob bobson View Post
    Son of stoijkovic

The word of the summer: exciting.

doyen of boomer energy

He will be fine

Good gk

Exceptionally rough diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Exceptionally rough diamond.
    So rough mainly still graphite

Thnik if we ask nicely City will take him back and give us Ederson?

Maybe you need to hire a psychologist to work with him. He's very young, he knows he's talented, he needs to learn how to be 100% focused and not lose confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Maybe you need to hire a psychologist to work with him. He's very young, he knows he's talented, he needs to learn how to be 100% focused and not lose confidence.
    What if the psychologist tells him he's shit?

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Why should we be hiring anyone for him? Hes Man Citys player, he should go back there if his head ain't straight.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

How did we end up with four shit keepers?