Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official VAR Thread

Account removed

Default Re: The Official VAR Thread

You Sir can have 1,000,000 likes for such a well rounded opinion.

I'll be slightly more direct, it's shit, fuck it off!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So, linesman flags Leicester’s winning goal offside... var correctly gives it. Natural reaction from the Lino? Or just plain forgot. A valuable lesson for Everton there - play to the whistle. Well done to the ref for overruling and playing on.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Since 90% of linesmen only flag for a throw in after the ref has told them which way he wants to give it, and now they're not supposed to flag for offside in case this happens, WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING THEM?

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Since 90% of linesmen only flag for a throw in after the ref has told them which way he wants to give it, and now they're not supposed to flag for offside in case this happens, WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING THEM?
    Who else would you shout at during the game? Or, when I used to sit in the Lower Trent End, who else would Oscar ask politely to 'remove their flag from up their fucking arse'.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

True...

Football is back and so is VAR and shite referee

Kane goal disallowed for another minimal offside.

Brighton player dives, they score from a free kick, player is booked. Minutes late, another Brighton dive and another Spurs player booked.

Why isn’t VAR being used for a clear error leading to a goal?

Minimal offsides are offside too.

I'm going to get this printed on a t-shirt for 2020.

In 2060, grandkids won't be able to believe how attitudes used to be towards minimal offsides.

And we'll say "I know kids....sounds silly now, doesn't it? But attitudes were much different back then. We didn't know any better."

Missed the point. They can spend 2 minutes looking for an offside yet can’t spot a dive which has led to a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Missed the point. They can spend 2 minutes looking for an offside yet can’t spot a dive which has led to a goal.
    It's flawed beyond belief. Needs binning

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

The offside rule was clearly devised in non-technical times to stop goal hanging. Running past someone and leading by an elbow is not gaining an unfair advantage. But it is keeping referees with nothing better to do busy on a match day.

I suppose we ought to congratulate the FA, at last they have found something to unite the football family. Unfortunately the only non-members of this family are the VAR team.

The offside rule was clearly devised in non-technical times to stop goal hanging. Running past someone and leading by an elbow is not gaining an unfair advantage. But it is keeping referees with nothing better to do busy on a match day.

I suppose we ought to congratulate the FA, at last they have found something to unite the football family. Unfortunately the only non-members of this family are the VAR team.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    In 2060, grandkids won't be able to believe how attitudes used to be towards minimal offsides.

And we'll say "I know kids....sounds silly now, doesn't it? But attitudes were much different back then. We didn't know any better."
    I think they'll be no supporters at grounds, closed door jobs, everything online to compliment the corporate gambling PLC's.

Glad I wont be here

Minimal offsides are offside too.

I'm going to get this printed on a t-shirt for 2020.
    It's utterly incredible isn't it.

The same people who shouted loudest in desire of this technology to have "more correct decisions given" are now complaining their technology, because it's giving correct decisions!

Offside is offside. If you could not hack incorrect decisions so demanded this tech came in, you can't now sit their moaning that they're "getting too many right" which is essentially what these people are doing.

I think it's shit but I also didn't get my knickers in a twist over every slight decision against my side and still don't. A message to them, You've got what you wanted, more correct decisions, stop complaining and sit bored shitless in silence you hypocrites!

The Pukki 'offside' was sickening.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Bring back daylight

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

I think most people actually wanted gross errors eradicated - eg Arsenal at Cardiff when a player was clearly 3 or 4 yards offside and scored or someone hand balling into the net and getting away with it or someone diving to win a penalty.

I don’t believe anybody asked for them to spend 2-3 minutes drawing lines on a screen to find someone’s shoulder is offside by a centimetre. But it is what it is, that is expected now.

Because nobody thought about that.

Had anybody said a few years ago to people demanding football catches up with all the other major sports and use video replays, that they wouldn't like a lot of the accurate calls it would lead to, they'd have been laughed out of the studio.

But yes people did ask for 2-3 minutes decision time.

Maybe they didn't think about that either. But if that's the case they weren't watching other sports, just using those as an excuse for a good moan.

Rugby tries, hockey goals, cricket wickets, track false starts...

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    It's utterly incredible isn't it.

The same people who shouted loudest in desire of this technology to have "more correct decisions given" are now complaining their technology, because it's giving correct decisions!

Offside is offside. If you could not hack incorrect decisions so demanded this tech came in, you can't now sit their moaning that they're "getting too many right" which is essentially what these people are doing.

I think it's shit but I also didn't get my knickers in a twist over every slight decision against my side and still don't. A message to them, You've got what you wanted, more correct decisions, stop complaining and sit bored shitless in silence you hypocrites!
    We don’t know that they are correct as the technology has a severe margin of error that isn’t being taken into account. Pukkis disallowed goal was a joke. The angle used to judge this was ridiculous, the resolution on the camera was too low to be able to properly draw lines and the most important aspect of frame rate is too low. The offside rule is also being misinterpreted as the first point of contact with the ball by the passing player should be used for the offside, not the millisecond after it has left his foot.

I’m all for video tech and this is all part of the teething process. The handball law change was wrong and nobody foresaw the offside thing because it wasn’t what anybody wanted VAR for or at least not top of the list. I’m sure the offside law will once again be altered for next season.
    There were 3 goals disallowed today where the attackers shoulder was deemed offside by millimetres.

I’d love it if someone somehow scored a goal with their armpit without the ball hitting their arm at the same time.

What next, electronic monitoring of the 10-yard rule? Monitoring of throw in placements? It is the ruination of the game and takes the human element out of it.

It's all about mid-table...

It's the headlines every big game and is doing what it was set up to do, get folks engaging into it.

The corporate elements involved are in dreamland, the masses are transfixed. Wasn't exactly hard to do though

People are getting exactly what they asked for with VAR.

Managers, Players, Fans and Pundits all would moan and moan about someone being offside, even if by the barest of margins, if it cost their team. This is what the system does. If the people wanted, which they did, for players to be given offside if they are offside, that has to mean even if the difference is a gnats ballsack.

There is one discrepancy, and that is how exact the science is of when the ball is played. Because if it's done purely of that camera angle the tv shows, then it does create an issue, because how can those guys figure out the exact nano moment it was passed? For that, this summer will have to resolve that issue. Personally, i'd suggest that it should be a case of, when those two daft lines are drawn, there has to be space between the two lines. If they're overlapping or in contact at all, them it should be given, because that difference covers the margin of error for when the ball was played.

But seeing Gary fucking Linekar, who is one of the most obnoxious bellends around, moaning about it every single time he's on tv/twitter... etc is ridiculous, when he and his team would constantly be saying, 'with the technology we have, why are we still letting this decisions be missed'... etc. What a taunt.

I hate also how there seems to be an agenda to criticise the system that someone sat in an office somewhere makes the decisions, which is bonkers to me, cos that makes total sense. It takes the pressure from the ref having to review it infant of players, staff and fans... etc which would definitely impact on the decision.

For me, there's not too much wrong with VAR. Just some minor tweaking required in the summer, as they obviously can't and won't change it mid season.

I don't think anyone wanted to overrule microscopic 50/50 calls, they just wanted an end to clear and obvious mistakes, which is fair enough.

All you need to do with VAR is have a rule whereby you get three quick fire replays and 1 slower replay, and then make a decision on that. If you're still unsure by then, it's not clear or obvious so let the original decision stand.

Decision made quickly, get out clause for ref if it's still contentious, no need to draw lines on the screen for 5 minutes.

.k I m
    I m u mm