Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Lawrence Shankland

Can't see him mentioned anywhere yet......

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ottish-2934661

Is Shankland near Arabia?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Doom Monger

Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

Scored a lot of goals in the pub leagues north of the border.
    If we sign him will he be an Alex Ingram or an Ian Wallace?

Managers interview says he plays as a 9 or a 10, which would fit with us selling Karim who can also do both

Fits what I was saying yesterday I think, young, cheap, potential but is he ready to jump straight into the managers all or nothing promotion charge? Jump up from the Scottish Champ to the English Champ is a sizeable one, especially to an English Champ side aiming for top 6, even if he sounds a lot more professional and dedicated to the game than Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Fits what I was saying yesterday I think, young, cheap, potential but is he ready to jump straight into the managers all or nothing promotion charge? Jump up from the Scottish Champ to the English Champ is a sizeable one, especially to an English Champ side aiming for top 6, even if he sounds a lot more professional and dedicated to the game than Cummings.
    In all honesty, I would rather stick with Karim than twist on some unproven, but exciting nonetheless, talent.

I thought Karim showed more than enough to be #2 to Grabban this coming season. If it’s for #3, we have some talent in Tyler Walker waiting in the wings.

account deleted

More chance of Tom Lawrence staying on his feet

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Scored a lot of goals in the pub leagues north of the border.
    If we sign him will he be an Alex Ingram or an Ian Wallace?
    He couldn't score a goal to save his life, but my re-occurring memory of Alex Ingram is how often he left pitch bloodied and battered.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    In all honesty, I would rather stick with Karim than twist on some unproven, but exciting nonetheless, talent.
    Buy Shankland but keep Karim for next season while we see whether he's ready to make an immediate impact? If he is then we can choose whether to cash in on Karim or keep all options.

account deleted

More chance of Shanks & Bigfoot - Sweet Like Chocolate

Forum Tactician

Cant say this lads name in any other voice than the reverend Ian Paisleys. Bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Cant say this lads name in any other voice than the reverend Ian Paisleys. Bit weird.
    Does Ian Paisley think we'll sign him? Never, never, never...

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Can't see him mentioned anywhere yet......

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ottish-2934661

Is Shankland near Arabia?
    No it's on the Isle of Wight

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    No it's on the Isle of Wight
    Awight!

Maybe we'd be Striking it Lucky then......

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

account deleted

"What's a hotspot not...?"

Still breathing.

We watched him score his 19th goal of the season on Friday and we now considering a 2m bid. Could have got him for a minimal fee in summer but at that stage I actually didn't care much for the link after Cummings etc

Funnily enough, saw him play a couple times recently. He looks athletic and competitive and a natural finisher (you get that feel with players and I don't with Rafa Mir).

Shit Scottish league wank

Where's me hammer?

His nickname writes itself if hes crap with that surname

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Whatever the level he’s scoring a goal every 60 mins this season.

Could be worth the risk and seems like we are doing our homework on him. Send Mir back and get him as his replacement + 1 other.

This one unnerves me.

I've seen him and I agree he seems reasonably mobile, decent with both feet and seems an instinctive goal scorer. Just worry about his level of competition. Scottish Champ is League 2 level mostly.

If it happens, hope he ends up one of those who take like a duck to water. His scoring record is obviously absolutely superb.

Part of me wants a different type of striker though, in the sense of someone to stretch defences for counter attacking play. But if he comes he and scores shitloads of goals... there'll be no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post

Part of me wants a different type of striker though, in the sense of someone to stretch defences for counter attacking play. But if he comes he and scores shitloads of goals... there'll be no complaints.
    I think we need both tbh.

From the internet highlights I've seen Shankland seems to score a lot from crosses into the box, usually with the head. Maybe they are thinking of that being a different option, with a winger in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    I think we need both tbh.

From the internet highlights I've seen Shankland seems to score a lot from crosses into the box, usually with the head. Maybe they are thinking of that being a different option, with a winger in mind?
    If we can get both of those things in one player I agree. I don't want to see us have 3 strikers though vying for one place. Think you end up taking momentum out of all of them.

If this is true and it happens, I hope it pans out. No substitute for someone who can just score goal after goal.

But yeah, if we go out and get someone who can beat his man and whip quality in, maybe that'll suit just fine.

Just want to see us add two player with a turn of pace. Think it will see us present a threat for 90mins, even when we're under the cosh a bit and having to dig in and go long.

looks to be very much an instinctive striker. no matter what level he's on, the goal reminds the same size , as long as he has service , he should be able to score. has already gotten capped by scotland national team and already scored for them

Cummings was prolific in the Scottish Championship. It's such a poor standard of football, even compared to the much maligned Scottish Premier League.

Not exactly the kind of signing that is going to be ready to make an impact in January, and given that he's 25 next August he's hardly one for the future either (and if we want to go down that route, Tyler Walker is younger and currently scoring goals at a higher level).

I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Cummings was prolific in the Scottish Championship. It's such a poor standard of football, even compared to the much maligned Scottish Premier League.

Not exactly the kind of signing that is going to be ready to make an impact in January, and given that he's 25 next August he's hardly one for the future either (and if we want to go down that route, Tyler Walker is younger and currently scoring goals at a higher level).

I'd rather we looked elsewhere.
    don't be that short sighted , lower league doesn't mean every striker from there is crap , to tar everyone else with the same brush as cummings is doing them a disservice. not everyone is a **** like cummings.