Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,784

    Default Lawrence Shankland

    Can't see him mentioned anywhere yet......

    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ottish-2934661

    Is Shankland near Arabia?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Scored a lot of goals in the pub leagues north of the border.
    If we sign him will he be an Alex Ingram or an Ian Wallace?


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,237

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Managers interview says he plays as a 9 or a 10, which would fit with us selling Karim who can also do both


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,525

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Fits what I was saying yesterday I think, young, cheap, potential but is he ready to jump straight into the managers all or nothing promotion charge? Jump up from the Scottish Champ to the English Champ is a sizeable one, especially to an English Champ side aiming for top 6, even if he sounds a lot more professional and dedicated to the game than Cummings.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,237

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Fits what I was saying yesterday I think, young, cheap, potential but is he ready to jump straight into the managers all or nothing promotion charge? Jump up from the Scottish Champ to the English Champ is a sizeable one, especially to an English Champ side aiming for top 6, even if he sounds a lot more professional and dedicated to the game than Cummings.
    In all honesty, I would rather stick with Karim than twist on some unproven, but exciting nonetheless, talent.

    I thought Karim showed more than enough to be #2 to Grabban this coming season. If it’s for #3, we have some talent in Tyler Walker waiting in the wings.


  7. #6
    Menior Sember
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dystopian Future
    Posts
    24,814

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    More chance of Tom Lawrence staying on his feet


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,306

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Scored a lot of goals in the pub leagues north of the border.
    If we sign him will he be an Alex Ingram or an Ian Wallace?
    He couldn't score a goal to save his life, but my re-occurring memory of Alex Ingram is how often he left pitch bloodied and battered.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Andover, Hants
    Posts
    2,072

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    In all honesty, I would rather stick with Karim than twist on some unproven, but exciting nonetheless, talent.
    Buy Shankland but keep Karim for next season while we see whether he's ready to make an immediate impact? If he is then we can choose whether to cash in on Karim or keep all options.


  10. #9
    Menior Sember
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dystopian Future
    Posts
    24,814

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    More chance of Shanks & Bigfoot - Sweet Like Chocolate


  11. #10
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,913

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Cant say this lads name in any other voice than the reverend Ian Paisleys. Bit weird.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,065

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Cant say this lads name in any other voice than the reverend Ian Paisleys. Bit weird.
    Does Ian Paisley think we'll sign him? Never, never, never...


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,678

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Can't see him mentioned anywhere yet......

    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ottish-2934661

    Is Shankland near Arabia?
    No it's on the Isle of Wight

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  14. #13
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,784

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    No it's on the Isle of Wight
    Awight!

    Maybe we'd be Striking it Lucky then......

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  15. #14
    Menior Sember
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dystopian Future
    Posts
    24,814

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland

    "What's a hotspot not...?"

    Still breathing.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,352

    Default Re: Lawrence Shankland


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •