Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Jayden Richardson

      

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,126

    Default Jayden Richardson

    Because I think we will be hearing a lot more of him in the coming years it is time for his own thread.

    With no Darikwa and still in need of signing a right-back there is a good chance he will be with the first team in pre-season.

    First pro contract signed recently.



    Fast, powerful, good on the ball, good in the air and scores goals from right-back or right wing-back (can add cutting in and left-footed one's to the type)

    Just joined the club full time on his scholarship in September 2017 and by October 2017 he was starting games for the u23s and scored at the City Ground.

    https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/924929863307399168



    https://twitter.com/Grantnffc1/statu...94269934370816



    https://twitter.com/Grantnffc1/statu...16016476057601



    Last edited by BryanRoy; 15-05-19 at 11:41.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    5,435

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Because I think we will be hearing a lot more of him in the coming years it is time for his own thread.

    With no Darikwa and still in need of signing a right-back there is a good chance he will be with the first team in pre-season.

    First pro contract signed recently.



    Fast, powerful, good on the ball, good in the air and scores goals from right-back or right wing-back (can add cutting in and left-footed one's to the type)

    Just joined the club full time on his scholarship in September 2017 and by October 2017 he was starting games for the u23s and scored at the City Ground.

    https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/924929863307399168





    https://twitter.com/Grantnffc1/statu...94269934370816



    https://twitter.com/Grantnffc1/statu...16016476057601

    Is Darikwa off on internationals?


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,126

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Is Darikwa off on internationals?
    African Cup of Nations.


  5. #4
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,239

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Excellent. I always like a Defender, and this young man looks to have all the tools.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  6. #5
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    13,448

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Can he deliver a decent ball in?


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,126

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Can he deliver a decent ball in?
    Can't say it is anything good or bad. Solid and WIP but his style brings other things.

    u23s down have played with inverted wingers for so long and besides being best friends with Appiah - they just know each others games so well as you can see from those u23 highlights v Bristol. He knows when to offer inside of Appiah or outside and when he gets outside and drives into the box he is particularly good at making cut-backs to the on-rushing player from the edge of the box.


  8. #7
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,334

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    How many first team minutes before we write him off as 'not good enough'?


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    3,399

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    None, probably.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,411

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Can some of the tactically aware guys tell this dinosaur what the benefits of inverted full backs are? All I can think is it would make it hard for them to defend.


  11. #10
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,334

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Can some of the tactically aware guys tell this dinosaur what the benefits of inverted full backs are? All I can think is it would make it hard for them to defend.
    They can better match up against inverted wingers.


  12. #11
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,239

    Default Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Can some of the tactically aware guys tell this dinosaur what the benefits of inverted full backs are? All I can think is it would make it hard for them to defend.
    As per Congo‘s post, it allows the Full Back to cover not only inside but also outside.

    Depending on who you play against, you either offer them inside (where you have defensive cover from a Centre Back or Defensive Midfielder) or outside (where his only option is the cross).

    The prevalence of inverted Wingers, as popularised by Arjen Robben, amongst others, is that a Winger coming inside has the Full Back on his „weaker“ foot, and thus, is at an advantage.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    2,711

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    As per Congo‘s post, it allows the Full Back to cover not only inside but also outside.

    Depending on who you play against, you either offer them inside (where you have defensive cover from a Centre Back or Defensive Midfielder) or outside (where his only option is the cross).

    The prevalence of inverted Wingers, as popularised by Arjen Robben, amongst others, is that a Winger coming inside has the Full Back on his „weaker“ foot, and thus, is at an advantage.
    Is this a new thing?


  14. #13
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,239

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Is this a new thing?
    Fairly recent, to counter players like Robben (and of course Franck Ribéry on the other flank at FC Bayern), whose patented trick was to turn inside, dumping the opposing Full Back on his arse and then making a shot at goal or creating a chance.

    There’s other exponents of „opposite“ wing play, Raheem Sterling has done it often for Manchester City (of course, the tactic was popularised by a certain Josep „Pep“ Guardiola, as Manager of Bayern, and previously at Barcelona, so it’s small wonder it’s appeared again at Man City).


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    2,711

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Fairly recent, to counter players like Robben (and of course Franck Ribéry on the other flank at FC Bayern), whose patented trick was to turn inside, dumping the opposing Full Back on his arse and then making a shot at goal or creating a chance.

    There’s other exponents of „opposite“ wing play, Raheem Sterling has done it often for Manchester City (of course, the tactic was popularised by a certain Josep „Pep“ Guardiola, as Manager of Bayern, and previously at Barcelona, so it’s small wonder it’s appeared again at Man City).
    Without sounding patronising at all, how old are you?


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    16,559

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Can some of the tactically aware guys tell this dinosaur what the benefits of inverted full backs are? All I can think is it would make it hard for them to defend.
    How does that work?
    Does he stand on his head (full inversion) or sort of on all fours - partial inversion?


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,411

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    How does that work?
    Does he stand on his head (full inversion) or sort of on all fours - partial inversion?
    Turns his skin inside out.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,411

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    They can better match up against inverted wingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    As per Congo‘s post, it allows the Full Back to cover not only inside but also outside.

    Depending on who you play against, you either offer them inside (where you have defensive cover from a Centre Back or Defensive Midfielder) or outside (where his only option is the cross).

    The prevalence of inverted Wingers, as popularised by Arjen Robben, amongst others, is that a Winger coming inside has the Full Back on his „weaker“ foot, and thus, is at an advantage.
    Cheers. But if you play it all the time what happens if the opposition play normal wingers? Just asking for Keano, who is asking for a ‘friend’


  19. #18

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Can some of the tactically aware guys tell this dinosaur what the benefits of inverted full backs are? All I can think is it would make it hard for them to defend.
    BR states he's used to playing with inverted wingers, not that he's an inverted full back. Assume that would mean Appiah on the right wing with Richardson overlapping.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,552

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    I had an ingrowing toenail once; now I suppose they would call it an inverted toenail and think it was an original idea.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,707

    Default Re: Jayden Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I had an ingrowing toenail once; now I suppose they would call it an inverted toenail and think it was an original idea.
    Much like how an imperforated anus inspired the term 'Patrick Bamford'.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •