Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2175

Thread: Pre-Season

Default Re: Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Remind them of that when they call for him to be sacked in 3 weeks
    Yeah when/if results dont come it'll be "i dont care how we play its winning thats counts"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sab still not completely satisfied, not intense enough in the press still... yet.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ingham-3114039

Not that type of player

Enjoyable work out. Great to see us trying to pass the ball again. Silva looks like a player.

Champagne Super Over

Its at this point that i usually put £10 on us going all season unbeaten, theres nothing here tonight to suggest this is a stupid bet?

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Its at this point that i usually put £10 on us going all season unbeaten, theres nothing here tonight to suggest this is a stupid bet?
    We have a seriousness lack of striker options. Grabban can’t play the whole season on his own. I fully expect us to bring in another striker, or two, but at the moment we are short.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Sab still not completely satisfied, not intense enough in the press still... yet.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ingham-3114039
    The two who did press more than the others were Silva and Semedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    We have a seriousness lack of striker options. Grabban can’t play the whole season on his own. I fully expect us to bring in another striker, or two, but at the moment we are short.
    We'll almost certainly see another striker come in, probably for quite a hefty fee as well IMO. Someone with pace and power IMO.

Just a few notes from some of the new signings.

Good to see Silva is living up to the player we hoped he was from Portuguese reports. Good display at Oly and an even more impressive one tonight.

Semedo showing what he can bring to the table too in the first half and good to see that box to box mentality.

Muric showing his class tonight in distribution and shot stopping. Glad to see he's shaken that Oly performance off quickly.

Adomah getting up to support Grabban well and was a good outlet, although sluggish at times he's behind in his preseason.

All in all it does appear that the recruitment has been good especially with the foreign lads. We do look like an improvement on last year. With more additions to come hopefully and more work on the training ground, I'm quietly optimistic about things.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Watson was outstanding, but Milosevic, Muric and Robinson all looked very solid (and Dawson made some great blocks when he came on for Milosevic as Palace gave it a go second half).

Worrall was sound apart from one misplaced pass second half. Semedo hit and miss but got back fast when we lost the ball. Silva looks class and deserved a goal from his free kick.

Cash ran hard and didn't fall over for at least an hour. Lolley looked very lively early on but faded a little and his final ball was always cut out before it reached Grabban.

Adomah and Ameobi both look more than useful. Grabban looks so lightweight and lazy at times, but he prodded a cross towards goal, Henderson pushed it out, and Adomah scored.

Seemed a good workout, and a crowd of over 14,000 is great.

The Foam Hand

Quite impressed tonight, we pressed high and hunted in packs.

Watson for all his criticism had a great game, we looked sharp but short in the final third. I can see us relying on goals from the midfield.

Murics distribution is a vast improvement to what we’ve seen as well.

We did well, but Palace have their own problems right now.

Silva looked quality and I really liked Adomah's performance. Muric answered the last game really well. As for Semedo, getting Pele vibes from him. He'll be great one week and the next week youll want to throttle him.
    Lolley looked a little sluggish today I thought and I'm not convinced if we're playing that way, that Grabban is going to be as effective.

Shoutout Ben Watson though who was fantastic.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Cash ran hard and didn't fall over for at least an hour.
    Impossible.

Senior Doom Monger

I haven't read other post match posts so apologies if I repeat what everyone else has said.
    It was a friendly, so it wasn't a high pressure, full blooded encounter.
    I am not aware of how far on with preparations Palace are, but on last night's showing they look like relegation candidates.
    Forest were well worth the 1-0 win and star man Muric showed why he is so highly regarded.
    I think the main issue for Forest is the lack of a decent striker.
    Grabban's only worthwhile contribution last night was his burst through and effort, well saved by Hennessey, which fell to Adomah who finished neatly.
    Aliens have obviously abducted Watson and replaced him with a good footballer who was authoritative and pinged lovely long passes around the pitch.
    Worrall, Milosevic and Dawson when he came on snubbed out the threat of Benteke and Schlupp.
    Cash and Robinson had good games as overlapping full backs.
    And Semedo and Silva were both dominant in midfield.
    Lolley huffed and puffed and did what Lolley does but his shooting was dire.
    But my MOTM was Muric who showed what quick an accurate distribution can do for a team.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Quite impressed tonight, we pressed high and hunted in packs.

Watson for all his criticism had a great game, we looked sharp but short in the final third. I can see us relying on goals from the midfield.

Murics distribution is a vast improvement to what we’ve seen as well.
    Music to my ears If Mouch gets this & set peices sorted then that's a major step forward.

Just hope we land a second striker who can not only pitch in with goals, but also works well with Grabs

Senior Doom Monger

Music to my ears If Mouch gets this & set peices sorted then that's a major step forward.

Just hope we land a second striker who can not only pitch in with goals, but also works well with Grabs
    Grabban looked a busted flush last night.
    Waste if a shirt on that performance.
    Mind you Palace's Benteke looked even less interested for them and he is far more highly rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Grabban looked a busted flush last night.
    Waste if a shirt on that performance.
    Mind you Palace's Benteke looked even less interested for them and he is far more highly rated.
    Grabs will be fine, esp when Carva returns, just remember his start last year.

But we do need an alternate option, and someone who can ideally get the best out of him too

Senior Doom Monger

But we do need an alternate option, and someone who can ideally get the best out of him too
    Last night, on a wet pitch, he went off and his white shorts were still pristine - no need to wash his kit.
    I doubt he even broke sweat.
    At some point you will agree with me that Grabban isn't what we need in the Club.
    What I do know is that last season we were one of the poorer teams on the "goals for" table.
    This season unless we get someone in we will also struggle.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Last night, on a wet pitch, he went off and his white shorts were still pristine - no need to wash his kit.
    I doubt he even broke sweat.
    At some point you will agree with me that Grabban isn't what we need in the Club.
    What I do know is that last season we were one of the poorer teams on the "goals for" table.
    This season unless we get someone in we will also struggle.
    I always get that impression with Grabban, in meaningless games he strolls around without a fleck of mud on him, but he does turn up when it matters.
    I agree he’s not the answer to everything though, we need more quality options up front. Nowhere near enough firepower to trouble the top six at the moment imo.

Yes Grabban started like he was disinterested during preseason friendlies last year or at least that's the impression he gave.

Whether that is the case or if he's trying to get on the same wavelength as the others remains to be seen, although last season it did appear that once he'd sussed out what the attacking midfielders and wide men were doing it clicked for him.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Colback starting again for toon. Seems less and less likely he’ll return. Can’t waste time hanging on for off chance he’ll come. Need to get players in to give Sabri time to work with them. Be a bonus if manager can get Watson playing.

Grabban needs supply simple as

He ain’t gonna make something for himself but as I said last night when he dropped deep for the last 20 mins of first half he linked up really well and we probably had our most fluent attacking time

We needed an alternate option to Grabs last year tbf, so we really should be sorting one out this year now.

In fact if Murphs aint gonna play & Walker is off we could di with a 3rd backup player too.

Forum Tactician

Went to the game. If thats the shape of things to come then count me in. Thought the players looked in good nick & the performance a really good one.

One or two touch possession football with a purpose, press high & put in a shift. Some decent delivery from out wide to boot.

Things could be taking shape, keeper was top drawer & Carvalho with Silva could be something special.

Words for the vets too, Watson & latterly Dawson both looked like they want first team shirts.

Extremely encouraging stuff in front of 15k.

One thing that was very noticable was how high we played. It was all about doing everything in the opposition half.

Palace had the ball just behind the halfway line and we were still holding the line level with the managers dugout.

Really encouraged by the new midfielders in particular, it's clear to see they have serious engines and speed - something we have lacked for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Semedo showing what he can bring to the table too in the first half and good to see that box to box mentality.
    See he got a fair amount of stick for giving the ball away.

Okay, he got caught sleeping 3 times (mostly when he was tired in second half). 2 of those times he sprinted the length of the pitch and won it back. He will get used to it and grow awareness over time.

What can't be questioned is his engine, he was up and down all match - and also played several very clever passes that completely sliced through Palace's midfield.

I like him and think he's gonna be useful. He is raw but you can see the talent.