Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 2,576 to 2,596 of 2596

Thread: Pre-Season

Default Re: Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    If Forest announce this season's squad numbers tomorrow, I'm expecting 6-7 players not being given one.

Hopefully, it gets their agents working harder on their behalf.
    Will it f**k, we pay mediocre players too much so why bother leaving for less money, most of our bomb squad will just use us as a pay day until their deal expires.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Will it f**k, we pay mediocre players too much so why bother leaving for less money, most of our bomb squad will just use us as a pay day until their deal expires.
    If they don't play for a year, they're even less likely to get another deal.

It could mean having to part fund wages until their current deals nominally expire but some of them may be looking at being finished in the game if they don't get their arses in gear.

If they don't play for a year, they're even less likely to get another deal.

It could mean having to part fund wages until their current deals nominally expire but some of them may be looking at being finished in the game if they don't get their arses in gear.
    Look at Ward he just let his deal expire as we paid him far more than he'd get anywhere else, the others will either stay here but go on loan imo. People like Murphy will probably either go to an old club as a nice end to their career or just see it out and retire.

Last edited by gamble; 30-07-19 at 02:14.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Look at Ward he just let his deal expire as we paid him far more than he'd get anywhere else, the others will either stay here but go on loan imo. People like Murphy will probably either go to an old club as a nice wnd to their careet or just see it out and retire.
    Ward is a great example of what I'm talking about. He's 33 but may not get another deal elsewhere.

Despite the loans, he effectively stagnated for a year and may end up having to retire earlier than he'd want.

Of the Bomb Squad, only Murphy is likely to have earned enough to retire and be fully content to wait out his contract. I doubt the likes of Steele, Hefele, Bridcutt and Cummings can afford to take that risk.

Did we win at Lincoln last night?

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Did we 'eck as like!
    The current Bomb Squad, plus the Bomb Squad of the Future drew 1-1, coming from behind and then missing a last minute penalty.
    NFF - Normal for Forest.

No I think we just played a load of cuntish players

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

We upgraded from a Stags defeat to a Lincoln draw

Yeah I didn’t bother last night. Rather be at home with the puppy than watch Jason bastard Cummings fluff shots at goal.

Was nice hearing Mighten did well when he came on though

Not that type of player

At least there's no debate about who should be in the first team squad.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what we're trying to accomplish with the lineup we put out. Are we trying to put certain players in the shop window? If that's not the case, I see no reason for starting Ariyibi and keeping him on for nearly an hour at the expense of Mighten, who we are trying to keep. Mighten and others are the future. Ariyibi is not.
    Younger players played Fulham 23s on Saturday so it is all good.

We definitely need to try get the bomb squad out there to be seen and to kept match fit otherwise it would probably be difficult to get them off.

But Barry Cooper was alluding to an improvement when Mighten, Gomis, Walsh replaced Murphy, Cummings and Ariyibi so not going to hold my breath.

It will definitely be a case of us paying their wage or the majority of their wage this season no matter what. Luckily they all out of contract at the end of the season bar Zach.

PS no Liam Bridcutt. I hope he has a move sorted. If anything he has shown his professionalism last season and this despite being part of bomb squad and playing with the 23s.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 30-07-19 at 09:51.

Ward is a great example of what I'm talking about. He's 33 but may not get another deal elsewhere.

Despite the loans, he effectively stagnated for a year and may end up having to retire earlier than he'd want.

Of the Bomb Squad, only Murphy is likely to have earned enough to retire and be fully content to wait out his contract. I doubt the likes of Steele, Hefele, Bridcutt and Cummings can afford to take that risk.
    Thd younger lads will get another team, Cummings will go Scotland, Clough down the leagues, Aryibi has pace so will go l2 at worst, but non will get the same wage so they will bleed us dry, Matt Mill managaed to get another team after us so anything is possible.

Some real nice moments in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Some real nice moments in the game.

Was it Clough who hit the bar at 1:10? and who won the pen?

Nice pace and finish from Gomis, is he likely to go on loan again?

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Was it Clough who hit the bar at 1:10? and who won the pen?

Nice pace and finish from Gomis, is he likely to go on loan again?
    Yes on Clough. Hopefully that will be part of a clips package to get clubs interested.

Think it was Gabriel.

Loved Mighten's direct run and shot. Supposedly he had a special moment v Stags too. Spooner with a class cover tackle early on. Both u18 still which is good to see.

For me the 23s is very top heavy and Gomis at his age wont gain much from 23s so hoping a loan happens. Also think if Preston has a good few months maybe a Jan loan.

Not that type of player

Yes on Clough. Hopefully that will be part of a clips package to get clubs interested.

Think it was Gabriel.

Loved Mighten's direct run and shot. Supposedly he had a special moment v Stags too. Spooner with a class cover tackle early on. Both u18 still which is good to see.

For me the 23s is very top heavy and Gomis at his age wont gain much from 23s so hoping a loan happens. Also think if Preston has a good few months maybe a Jan loan.
    Mighten, Spooner, and Swan were the standouts against Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Mighten, Spooner, and Swan were the standouts against Mansfield.
    Swan is one of my personal favourites beyond the well known names. If he can stay fit I think he is in for a big season.

Not that type of player

Swan is one of my personal favourites beyond the well known names. If he can stay fit I think he is in for a big season.
    I'd not heard the name before but he was very impressive. The kind of technical, creative and elegant player I like.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    the Bomb Squad of the Future drew 1-1, coming from behind and then missing a last minute penalty.
    NFF - Normal for Forest.
    As you've obviously seen a lot of those lads to make you feel that you're able to make that claim, who in particular are you referring to?

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 30-07-19 at 15:16.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Interview with Forest fan at the Lincoln game......

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/...urate-opinion/

Looking forward to (next) pre-season. Wonder if we’ll get the new Manager bounce or not? Will we play in Athens again? Good Time to offload all those makeweight signings we bought last summer and get some proper proven players in. Can’t believe Sheff Utd got into Europe but at least Fester got relegated.