Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Coutts

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: Paul Coutts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    He's played over 36 games (league and cup) in a season twice in 7 seasons. You can use the anomaly of 47 in a League 1 season to bring the average up. But he's had an injury plagued career.

He'd be a shocking signing. He's the sort of player I can see getting a 1yr deal at a lower Champ side, or a 2/3yr deal at Burton.
    47 games 16/17

36 games 15/16

31 games 14/15

For a free, and a player who was touted as a 5m+ player only last year, I'd give 'em a look over.

We aint gonna sign Colback AND another big money CM, AND quality wingers + forwards + wide men we need IMO. I think Colback will be the CM signing, and the rest of the dollar will go on other areas of the pitch.

We will need someone to replace the aging CM's we've got here like Watson & Geddy, and I don't think we'll find as good a quality as Coutts for as cheap in both terms of transfer fee & wages.

He'd be ideal to take some pressure of Yates, buut still allow him enough games to come through.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 09-05-19 at 17:27.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Woods has the passing range we have missed all season, he would be ideal

Paul Coutts a £5m player

13/14 - 8 league games out of 46
    14/15 - 27 league games out of 46
    15/16 - 32 league games out of 46
    16/17 - 42 league games out of 46
    17/18 - 16 league games out of 46

That's wank mate.

If we sign Paul Coutts, is a statement that we're looking to go backwards rather than forwards. We've improved each year the last 3.

He's not good enough and I fully expect that will be shown by where he ends up and what he does next season.

Didn't Woods join Stoke for 7m last year?

I agree that I'd sooner have a 7m player than a freebie, but are we seriously gonna spend 10m+ on 2 CM's in the Summer.

Paul Coutts a £5m player

13/14 - 8 league games out of 46
    14/15 - 27 league games out of 46
    15/16 - 32 league games out of 46
    16/17 - 42 league games out of 46
    17/18 - 16 league games out of 46

That's wank mate.

If we sign Paul Coutts, is a statement that we're looking to go backwards rather than forwards. We've improved each year the last 3.

He's not good enough and I fully expect that will be shown by where he ends up and what he does next season.
    That still looks a good league recodr to me tbh bar the broken leg & knee injury back in 13/14.

Like I say, as an alternative to Yates/Watson/Geddy I think he'd be ideal. We shouldn't see it in any way as a main signing, but to move forward the funds are better spent on core players IMO, and Coutts would be as good a freebie as we could get.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 09-05-19 at 17:37.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post

I agree that I'd sooner have a 7m player than a freebie, but are we seriously gonna spend 10m+ on 2 CM's in the Summer.
    I think we should. Its an area we've fucked around with every year to our detriment. As mentioned above, ball needs moving alot quicker, if we have to pay to make that happen, Id be right behind it.

Thats assuming ofcourse we're not going back to relying on our CBs to go over the top.

Last edited by MASE; 09-05-19 at 17:38.

I don't know or mind what we spend.

I do know that Coutts isn't good enough. He's played 28 games in the Championship for them over two seasons, the rest was in League 1. He has injury troubles, and he couldn't cut the mustard as key player for Derby either, bar the year they were rebuilding and they finished 10th.

He's really not of the desired quality and I don't see him having much value over him blocking Yates' path either.

That still looks a good league recodr to me tbh bar the broken leg & knee injury back in 13/14.

Like I say, as an alternative to Yates/Watson/Geddy I think he'd be ideal. We shouldn't see it in any way as a main signing, but to move forward the funds are better spent on core players IMO, and Coutts would be as good a freebie as we could get.
    You spent all last summer bashing the alleged targeting of Dean Marney who had an almost identical injury record - spent the last 2 seasons in and out of injuries and the 3 prior to that played 40+ games. This one is lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Just assuming you're right, when did that become an impediment to signing someone, particularly if he can play a bit?
    Calling people "mongs" and "retards"? We've got better standards than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    You spent all last summer bashing the alleged targeting of Dean Marney who had an almost identical injury record - spent the last 2 seasons in and out of injuries and the 3 prior to that played 40+ games. This one is lost on me.
    If you read pretty much every post of mine in this thread I've stated the injury concern is a fair concern.

The difference between Coutts & Marney is Marney's injuries spanned over 2 season, Coutts only 1. That's why, like I've said in said posts, I'd assess his fitness first.

I don't disagree that we need better, I'd just sooner see Coutts in the squad than the likes of Watson.

I don't know or mind what we spend.

I do know that Coutts isn't good enough. He's played 28 games in the Championship for them over two seasons, the rest was in League 1. He has injury troubles, and he couldn't cut the mustard as key player for Derby either, bar the year they were rebuilding and they finished 10th.

He's really not of the desired quality and I don't see him having much value over him blocking Yates' path either.
    I don't doubt Coutts has ability but is it worth it? I don't think so.

Is he better than Yacob (who people are seemingly ignoring)? I don't think so either.

We need legs in midfield, getting rid of Guedioura/Watson and replacing with Coutts - who is less reliable in terms of game time would make no sense to me.

Forum Tactician

Christ I hope we're not going to have a preoccupation next season on Yates & his development, whilst going a passing player light in midfield.

Big season next season, if promotion keeps Martin in employment, Id strongly suggest he sends Yates out on loan to learn his skills with the ball at his feet.

If you read pretty much every post of mine in this thread I've stated the injury concern is a fair concern.

The difference between Coutts & Marney is Marney's injuries spanned over 2 season, Coutts only 1. That's why, like I've said in said posts, I'd assess his fitness first.

I don't disagree that we need better, I'd just sooner see Coutts in the squad than the likes of Watson.
    They were exactly the same, Marney was fully recovered for a long time but wasn't getting close to a Burnley side that finished in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    They were exactly the same, Marney was fully recovered for a long time but wasn't getting close to a Burnley side that finished in Europe.
    Marney was 34, Coutts is 30. Big difference for me in terms of ability to recover.

lol

God bless Alf.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Christ I hope we're not going to have a preoccupation next season on Yates & his development, whilst going a passing player light in midfield.

Big season next season, if promotion keeps Martin in employment, Id strongly suggest he sends Yates out on loan to learn his skills with the ball at his feet.
    Not at all. I like players to play if they're good enough and needed.

I want Colback and another in at CM.

But I don't think much of Coutts at all, he's not a passing player, and would much rather Yates be in ahead of him. No point filling an already bloated squad with another injury prone 31yr old who is average and only performed in League 1. We've got a warm body in Yates already.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I think we should. Its an area we've fucked around with every year to our detriment. As mentioned above, ball needs moving alot quicker, if we have to pay to make that happen, Id be right behind it.

Thats assuming ofcourse we're not going back to relying on our CBs to go over the top.
    I can’t think of a position as important and where we have been lacking this season as that central midfield role. If we can go big on just one player this summer it should be there.

lol

Why your font look so big.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Why your font look so big.
    Is your phone very close to you?

A decent player but no thanks.

Should've just signed Norwood a year ago. An absolute no-brainer and fair play to Sheff Utd for taking him.

this place is amazing sometimes.

Ben Watson, Dean Marney, Andy King, Paul Coutts + Claudio Yacob would be the midfield options if some people had their way.

might as well get yaya toure in now on a 1 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    A decent player but no thanks.

Should've just signed Norwood a year ago. An absolute no-brainer and fair play to Sheff Utd for taking him.
    There's nor way I'm going to Norway.

Nor would we sign Norwood.

Edward Woodward would.

And should.

Yacob
    Watson
    Yates
    Guedioura
    Bridcutt
    Cash
    Osborn

I think it's safe to assume that a couple of them are going this summer. We need two quality first team centre mids this summer though and unless 3 or 4 of that list at the top goes I'm not sure we'll be after backup centre mids.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Yacob
    Watson
    Yates
    Guedioura
    Bridcutt
    Cash
    Osborn

I think it's safe to assume that a couple of them are going this summer. We need two quality first team centre mids this summer though and unless 3 or 4 of that list at the top goes I'm not sure we'll be after backup centre mids.
    Yes, we already have a massive squad (too big in fact) so depth isn't really a problem. We need to make 4 or 5 signings that improve the starting XI at this point, not more squad players.

Yeah it’s a no from me. We need creativity and vision at the base of midfield so we can get Carvalho receiving the ball in the right area of the pitch around the 16 yard box.

We’ve got enough midfield generals now. Yacob, Colback, Yates and apparently Matty Cash now.