Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kamil Grosicki

Default Re: Kamil Grosicki

No thanks.

Talented for sure. But someone who'd command large wages and would then be tied to the club til he's 34 or so.

Youth, speed, energy. It's the way the game is moving. Let's not get left behind again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

a no from me

A realistic prospect and a decent one at that with a similar return as Lolley. One I would be happy to see come off although not if the wages that have been mentioned here are true. I honestly can't see him still being on £40k p/w or where that figure comes from.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    No thanks.

Talented for sure. But someone who'd command large wages and would then be tied to the club til he's 34 or so.

Youth, speed, energy. It's the way the game is moving. Let's not get left behind again.
    I agree we need some speed in the forward area but we need a crosser too imo.

I wouldn't want to see too many of these kinds of deals (30+ year olds on decent sized wages) but certainly expect a few, a manager on a one season promotion push more or less guarantees this kind of signing. Grosicki doesn't seem to suffer with injury either, touch wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    I agree we need some speed in the forward area but we need a crosser too imo.

I wouldn't want to see too many of these kinds of deals (30+ year olds on decent sized wages) but certainly expect a few, a manager on a one season promotion push more or less guarantees this kind of signing. Grosicki doesn't seem to suffer with injury either, touch wood.
    Why would you put that in the written word?! Soudani didnít suffer from injuries till he rocked up at the WFCG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Why would you put that in the written word?! Soudani didnít suffer from injuries till he rocked up at the WFCG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's why I said touch wood!

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Ward's already left mate
    Course One of the other deadwooders then

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    No thanks.

So far you've said:

"No" to MON.

"No" to Jack Marriot for 3m

"No" to Coutts for free

"No" to Grosicki for 2.5m

Who do you expect us to sign for those prices, and what do you want to see happen?

Grosicki scored 9 & got 12 assists this year. Who else we gonna land for around 2.5m with such a record? Carva only got 4 goals & 8 assists, and he cost 13m

Is this another "gut feeling" thing of yours?

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 26-05-19 at 13:01.

Grosicki would be a great signing if we can get his wages down a bit. Signing a quality proven Championship winger who is younger would cost a transfer fee that is well above what we can probably afford, and would probably be snapped up by a parachute payment club or Premier League club anyway.

Of all the wingers we have been linked with that we could realistically get (the likes of Lowe, Thioub, etc), I'd say Grosicki is the best one so far.

A good player but a few years too late for me.

Would go for him if there is balance to our other additions this summer. Whilst there is the age concern he is currently a key international player with almost guaranteed output. I don't think there will be issues in off-loading him in the future like other players we have got at perhaps the 30+ category if it came to that.

https://twitter.com/WilliamHill/stat...91129730887680

If he was about 34 I'd understand the concerns a bit more, but 30 isn't that bad and it's perfectly feasible that we could get a good 2 or 3 years out of him. Not too dissimilar to the signing of Grabban really IMO.

Last edited by Ashley; 26-05-19 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    If he was about 34 I'd understand the concerns a bit more, but 30 isn't that bad and it's perfectly feasible that we could get a good 2 or 3 years out of him. Not to dissimilar to the signing of Grabban really IMO.
    This

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

If he was about 34 I'd understand the concerns a bit more, but 30 isn't that bad and it's perfectly feasible that we could get a good 2 or 3 years out of him. Not too dissimilar to the signing of Grabban really IMO.
    I'm with Bryanroy. So long as we balance it out with more youthful signings in other areas, I think it's he's a decent target.

I think this years appraoch will be more balanced anyway, rather than hoping 1 or 2 star signings carry the team like last year.

Difficult to judge Grabban at the moment. As it stands, he cost £6m, was given a huge 4 year deal and has so far been good for about half a season.

If he gives us another 2 seasons of decent form then the deal will be justified. If he carries on like he finished last season, then he'll have been a waste, like Murphy.

Where's me hammer?

I'm not one that takes note of any other team generally in the championship, when they come to the WFCG I might think "number 14 for them is good/shit/a dirty bastard" but that's about it.

Never heard of this bloke, in fact he sounds like a ice hockey player.

That being said teams get out of this division by hard work and a smattering of game changing ability throughout the squad. This allows for not just plan A B and C... but also for plan A.1, A.2 etc. Stop Lolley Grabs steps up, stop Grabs and Carvo steps up. It would be nice with CBs weighing in with a goal or 5.

We missed out on the playoffs by 9 points, or just 3 goals in games we drew. It's that simple. So not just with this ice hockey player but with anyone we bring in, they have got to add that bit of quality either in putting us in front in games or preventing us losing the lead.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Last edited by Barry; 26-05-19 at 18:34.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I'm with Bryanroy. So long as we balance it out with more youthful signings in other areas, I think it's he's a decent target.
    I agree. It's in the middle of the park where I'd argue we're desperate for an addition of some pace and dynamism.

Amazing when players turn 30 people write them off

Gerrim in!

We need pace on the wings so it would be no from me if he is our main signing, I would happily have him in our squad a bit like a shaquiri type at Liverpool. Someone who can come on and occasionally start and have an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers Across the Midfield View Post

Gerrim in!
    Whenever I tell my old fella we're interested or there's a rumour about signing a player, his first question is ''how old is he''?

If I say 30+, he doesn't like it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post

I think this years appraoch will be more balanced anyway, rather than hoping 1 or 2 star signings carry the team like last year.
    I agree with that and it’s all about balance just put it this way we would have grosiki, Lolley and appiah to play on the wings. That’s not bad we just need one more really pacey target and I would go for Jamal Lowe or Bakaty Sako.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers Across the Midfield View Post

Gerrim in!
    Not writing anyone off. I just don't see much value in spending millions and giving big contracts to players over 30.

I think history backs this up.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    Not writing anyone off. I just don't see much value in spending millions and giving big contracts to players over 30.

Tbf our history backs nothing up, we spent 2.5m on Clough a good young up and coming player.... We spent decent money on Seria As top scorer, both massive flops.

We've had quality freebies and absolute dog shit ones aswell. There is no magic formula we just need to get a style and stick with it, and if it doesn't work get another manager who has a similar philosophy and style.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post

> not writing anyone off
    > Proceeds to write them off because of their age?

He's pretty decent mate, like actually decent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

9 Goals and 12 Assists last season, 9 Goals and 5 Assists the year before. If he can give us that return over the next two seasons then he'll be well worth the investment.

We ain't in a position to buy mainly young players, we've told Martin its promotion or bust so it makes sense to go for a older more proven player.

The lad has good stats, is used to england/this league so gerrim in