Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Best served cold

Default Re: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    You beat me to it.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Seeing as I spent a considerable time on Saturday evening moderating threads where you have been insulting and provoking arguments with other posters I'll take your advice and file it in the appropriate bin.

OK?
    Do what you want

Dinosaur Prick

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Warnock will be getting promotion even when he is gone. He'll return as a shit Star Wars ghost dancing with Ewoks and claiming the Empire's administration officials robbed him.
    It was a trap.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Do what you want
    What I want is for you to calm down and stop behaving like a truculent child, but I can't actually do anything about that. It's down to you.

You've got valid concerns and a platform to express them. No problem with that. Constant spamming (read those rules again) and spitefulness will simply see posts removed, if not by me then another of the moderating team.

Quite happy for you to do that.

Last edited by Erik; 15-04-19 at 20:41.

What I want is for you to calm down and stop behaving like a truculent child, but I can't actually do anything about that. It's down to you.

You've got valid concerns and a platform to express them. No problem with that. Constant spamming (read those rules again) and spitefulness will simply see posts removed, if not by me then another of the moderating team.

Quite happy for you to do that.
    Ok fair point Erik

Default Next Season

Iíve nailed my colours to the I really donít want MON here next season mast.
    His football is boring, ponderous, fragmented and his tactics are bewildering. But above all else it ainít working.
    For me we simply have too many players who fail to force their will on a game of football. We lack winners. Although MON constant unwillingness to pick our most creative player and the fact he sets his team out to not play any kind of football thats worth getting off your seat for doesnít help give a fully accurate reflection of the strength of the squad.
    Iím sorry but another major overhaul is required imo. And I would only keep About 5 or 6 of our current players.

Last edited by puds1970; 15-04-19 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    If he builds it, they will come...
    If he builds it, we'll be done.

In MONs early weeks in charge, he would only talk about till the end of the season. The 18 month contract also points to a short stint.

Any "blown away" feel good factor is long gone from EMs mind I would think. If AK wasn't given more funds for Jan window with the team sitting 7th, I can't see even more substantial money on the way in the summer to MON for major surgery.

Unless form picks up significantly in the remaining 4 matches I expect "by mutual concent" being mentioned in the summer.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    It was a trap.
    Imagine that in that dismissive tone Warnock has.

“I’m sorry, but it was obviously a trap, lad”.

I've been repeatedly told on here by various experts that the managers job is to deal with injuries and that he should have a squad capable of doing so.

Previous managers have been cut no slack whatsoever for losing critical players so why should we Karanka?

Yes he had a problem. To be fair I thought he coped with it reasonably well. But it isn't an excuse for failure.
    Was Karanka a failure?

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    Was Karanka a failure?
    He didn't get us promoted, so as that definition has been used for all the other managers that didn't get us promoted he's just another failed manager of Nottingham Forest.

It's a growing list.

He didn't get us promoted, so as that definition has been used for all the other managers that didn't get us promoted he's just another failed manager of Nottingham Forest.

It's a growing list.
    Seems harsh, he’s the best we’ve had since Davies.

Letís be honest after a couple of months of the season ending a few signings and out goingís this season will be completely forgotten about and we will all be fully behind the team and I expect us to be okay.

No one knows whatís gunna happen wouldnít let it ruin your summer. What I do know is on the opening day weíll be there in our masses and ready to ride the rollercoaster. Hopefully not the same one as this season.

This season has been weird up until now Iíve been buzzing one week and down the next continuously for about 6 months I do hope we get a more stable season. Not sure me ticker can handle another one of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Red View Post
    It appears to have been done to death in the Martin thread. I agree weíve gone backwards, I have at times been utterly seething how Aitorís position was made untenable. Perhaps there was more to it, weíll never know. One thing is for sure, Martin is taking a lot of the flack. Some of it I truly believe is his own doing but none the less if he is still the manager come the end of the season (I think he will be), weíll just have to see what happens on the pitch come August, enjoy our summer because worrying about Forest can be become all-consuming and at the end of the day itís all out of our control.
    I think you've nailed it there. However much we agree that changing managers every six months is daft, it's out of our hands. I like to see changing tactics during a match. Maybe it'll work eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Foam Hand

Next season? I haven't got a clue, no idea who the manager will be or what the squad will look like.
    I don't give it much thought anymore, anything can happen between now and August, or after Christmas
    Still renewed though.

Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

... who didn't get us promoted.

oopsy daisy!

He was a failure too.

Whether you like it or not Karanka and Davies achieved exactly the same as Pearce, Warburton, Montanier, Cotterill, McLeish and O'Driscoll.

Nothing.

Failed.

Rzarecteh Dislikes This Post

Quote Originally Posted by WeemanForestFan View Post
    Let’s be honest after a couple of months of the season ending a few signings and out going’s this season will be completely forgotten about and we will all be fully behind the team and I expect us to be okay.

No one knows what’s gunna happen wouldn’t let it ruin your summer. What I do know is on the opening day we’ll be there in our masses and ready to ride the rollercoaster. Hopefully not the same one as this season.

This season has been weird up until now I’ve been buzzing one week and down the next continuously for about 6 months I do hope we get a more stable season. Not sure me ticker can handle another one of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hype, thrive, dip, doom, end of season & start again. Hype, thrive, dip, doom, end of season & start again.

It seems to be the case every year, and I'm wondering how long it'll be before we realize we just have to ride that dip out to avoid the doom & be welcoming the end?

Rzarecteh Dislikes This Post

Never mind about Martin being here, what about AM?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ia-make-links/

I was quietly confident that the Greeks would crook the system the way other teams have to give us the advantage we need to break the cycle, but the appointment of MON indicates plodding along below the playoffs again, as nicer guy as he is.

Also the evidence suggests that if we had appointed Colin just once over the last ten years we would most likely have got to the Prem. Sad but true.

He was a failure too.

Whether you like it or not Karanka and Davies achieved exactly the same as Pearce, Warburton, Montanier, Cotterill, McLeish and O'Driscoll.

Nothing.

Failed.
    Agreed totally Erik,last successful manager Calderwood!

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    Never mind about Martin being here, what about AM?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ia-make-links/
    AM?

Alex McCleish?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Hype, thrive, dip, doom, end of season & start again. Hype, thrive, dip, doom, end of season & start again.

It seems to be the case every year, and I'm wondering how long it'll be before we realize we just have to ride that dip out to avoid the doom & be welcoming the end?
    Yea thatís a valid way of putting it. Otherwise we are going all out for promotion each year technically and a new man for January on the back of it not working out

18 posts.

14 of which relate to illegal streams.

And these -

I hate to sound like I am being at all negative but you are awfully negative.
    Its hard not to be negative regarding Forest at the moment ...

Someone fetch a priest!

18 posts.

14 of which relate to illegal streams.

And these -

I hate to sound like I am being at all negative but you are awfully negative.
    Something tells me he couldn't Carlos

Because being seen to allow the advertisement of illegal streams is something that could get the forum owners in serious trouble and possibly result in it being shut down.

If you want that to happen then you're a damn fool.

Try reading the rules before you jump on your high horse and start pretending you are some sort of guardian of what is right and wrong.

OK?
    So sorry for posting ... thought it was a forum ...... my bad