Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Default Re: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosNFFC View Post
    I thought AK was unlucky with the defensive crisis ... He pretty much lost the whole back 4 and it effected results .. This also led to Yacob who for me was playing superb in the middle having to play CB so the midfield suffered to.

Its just so frustrating going from excitement for every game thinking we have a solid chance of beating anyone to dreading every games and playing awful with no obvious game plan and no intensity .. and I cant see it improving under MON and the whole time he is in charge I feel is just taking us backwards
    But how many times has that happened now?

Davies sat top 6 all season under Fawaz, massive injury crisis and cops the blame for it.

Pearce rolling along nicely as we challenge the top 6, his 3 key players get injured, suddenly he's the worst manager ever.

Warbs is steadily improving us, has us sat 7th after 18 matches, then Murphs gets knocked out his stride and we slip down the table.

Same old isn't it? And we're again back to the core problem - quality strength in depth. Something which never gets built because every other window we start from scratch again.

We not only need to finish the job building a quality first 11, we also need a good second 11 to cover, back up for them, and time for it to gel. Which is never gonna happen pushing reset every few months.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    But how many times has that happened now?

Davies sat top 6 all season under Fawaz, massive injury crisis and cops the blame for it.

Pearce rolling along nicely as we challenge the top 6, his 3 key players get injured, suddenly he's the worst manager ever.

Warbs is steadily improving us, has us sat 7th after 18 matches, then Murphs gets knocked out his stride and we slip down the table.

Same old isn't it? And we're again back to the core problem - quality strength in depth. Something which never gets built because every other window we start from scratch again.

We not only need to finish the job building a quality first 11, we also need a good second 11 to cover, back up for them, and time for it to gel. Which is never gonna happen pushing reset every few months.
    Accept all of that, but we're here to make judgements on what we perceive to be successful, sustainable & to a lesser extent watchable before encouraging the club to invest time & effort in a manager. Have we ticked one of them boxes yet?

Anyone placing any confidence going forward in whats been dished up has to be doing it with blind faith. Martin has to come out with something vastly different & more comprehensible to get backing.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Accept all of that, but we're here to make judgements on what we perceive to be successful, sustainable & to a lesser extent watchable before encouraging the club to invest time & effort in a manager. Have we ticked one of them boxes yet?

Anyone placing any confidence going forward in whats been dished up has to be doing it with blind faith. Martin has to come out with something vastly different & more comprehensible to get backing.
    If we show the right things in the last few games, I'm happy to see MON stay and get a chance at a rebuild. I'm also happy if he doesn't, there's better available which suit, and we give them the chance instead. What I'm sick of is constantly having to rebuild because we keep changing manager & tact.

Who the manager is means little in context until we get some consistancy throughout the club going in general. What IS dangerous, is folk thinking that changing MON alone is the answer to our problems. In fact it's not even the priority issue

If we show the right things in the last few games, I'm happy to see MON stay and get a chance at a rebuild. I'm also happy if he doesn't, there's better available which suit, and we give them the chance instead. What I'm sick of is constantly having to rebuild because we keep changing manager & tact.

Who the manager is means little in context until we get some consistancy throughout the club going in general. What IS dangerous, is folk thinking that changing MON alone is the answer to our problems. In fact it's not even the priority issue
    Do you see EM ever giving any manager latitude to build, not sure I do, so its imperitive we get some continuity in playing staff & approach. To that end, whoever recruits in the summer, needs to staff for a style the club are happy to champion long term. MON doesnt necessarily tick that box, but my theory is he's been asked to roll out a more watchable brand of football as an audition for next season, there was a discernible shift to a ground game last couple of games. I think he's got the next four to keep his job.

Agree with the last post...what was really noticeable on Saturday was the crowd leaving very early and I can't see the owners liking that what with season cards sale's.personally I think he'll leave by mutual consent at the end of the season.

Default Re: Next Season and the season after that and the seasons following

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Best served cold

I am not sure MON can have the time to rebuild. There are two big things against him. One, the owners clearly want success or at least to be in the top 6 quickly. In order to do work to MON's strengths, he would need to replace virtually the entire squad to achieve it. In one summer, and possibly a January at max.

The second problem is his age. Even in the unlikely event that he was given multiple seasons to completely build a squad from scratch he's 67 years old. The rebuilding job required for him to be a success would take several years at a minimum to get to something that could fit his Warnock style vision of football. Is he really going to want to keep going into his 70's, building up a lower division team?

I hope he can do it but it still seems to me like he was only bought in to give the squad a short term boost and get success this season, making use of the expensive talent that was assembled - which he himself said was his aim. Rather than a multi year dismantling and rebuilding of the squad. If there is one thing that MON has proven during his managerial career it's that he doesn't play well with others, so I can't see him accepting any form of meddling or questioning of his methods. Which leads us back to square one when he walks out after half the squad has been swapped round in the summer jumble sale again. What our club needed, and still needs, is someone who can take the good squad we already have, play to it's strengths and add those last couple of pieces that we were all saying it needed in December to push it into the top 6. But the owners cocked that up.

Tough one to really any positive outcome from, but it would be fantastic if Martin can do it and send his career out on a significant high.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 15-04-19 at 18:16.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Not that type of player

Warnock is 70

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Warnock is 70
    Warnock will be getting promotion even when he is gone. He'll return as a shit Star Wars ghost dancing with Ewoks and claiming the Empire's administration officials robbed him.

oopsy daisy!

I thought AK was unlucky with the defensive crisis ...
    I've been repeatedly told on here by various experts that the managers job is to deal with injuries and that he should have a squad capable of doing so.

Previous managers have been cut no slack whatsoever for losing critical players so why should we Karanka?

Yes he had a problem. To be fair I thought he coped with it reasonably well. But it isn't an excuse for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    I really can't bear the thought of starting a new season with MON in charge. We'd have more chance of finding the Loch Ness Monster in the Trent than seeing progression, logical line-ups and entertaining football.

He had his chance to make up a few points to get us into the play-offs and he blew it.

I understand and (normally) advocate the need for stability - but not at all costs. Not when it's this clear that we're going backwards in every facet of the game.
    Yep and sadly I think that’s exactly what we are looking at now

oopsy daisy!

18 posts.

14 of which relate to illegal streams.

And these -

Sorry to be all doom and gloom ... But the way we have gone from positive to negative this season has destroyed all hope I had that we could potentially be a prem club in the next couple of seasons.
    Morale is rock bottom

Season is over

Every game we going into at the moment I'm expecting a loss.
    Anyone else got a Horrible feeling that the amazing week we have had will come to a crushing end when we get turned over by Stoke with a really poor performance ....

fyi I am not being negative as such just managing my own expectations as we have been in these kinda situations before
    I hate to sound like I am being at all negative but you are awfully negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Warnock is 70
    And a far far better manager

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    18 posts.

14 of which relate to illegal streams.

And these -

I hate to sound like I am being at all negative but you are awfully negative.

Why do you care that he wants to stream the game?

Really in the grand scheme of things stop being a busy body as it seems that’s how this forum is going now.

Can’t say anything without having to explain yourself

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I am not sure MON can have the time to rebuild. There are two big things against him. One, the owners clearly want success or at least to be in the top 6 quickly. In order to do work to MON's strengths, he would need to replace virtually the entire squad to achieve it. In one summer, and possibly a January at max.

The second problem is his age. Even in the unlikely event that he was given multiple seasons to completely build a squad from scratch he's 67 years old. The rebuilding job required for him to be a success would take several years at a minimum to get to something that could fit his Warnock style vision of football. Is he really going to want to keep going into his 70's?

I hope he can do it but it still seems to me like he was only bought in to give the squad a short term boost and get success this season, making use of the expensive talent that was assembled - which he himself said was his aim. Rather than a multi year dismantling and rebuilding of the squad. If there is one thing that MON has proven during his managerial career it's that he doesn't play well with others, so I can't see him accepting any form of meddling or questioning of his methods. Which leads us back to square one when he walks out after half the squad has been swapped round in the summer jumble sale again. What our club needed, and still needs, is someone who can take the good squad we already have, play to it's strengths and add those last couple of pieces that we were all saying it needed in December to push it into the top 6. But the owners cocked that up.

Tough one to really any positive outcome from, but it would be fantastic if Martin can do it and send his career out on a significant high.
    I think his age & contract lenth is one of the biggest genuine reasons to consider his position after the next few games tbh.

Squad needs to be built properly over the course of several windows, allowing for the natural changes & variables which come along with the game. We're desperate for someone to get some time doing this, even if that's a competant DOF, but MON will likely retire end of next year anyway so again that has to be factored into the plan.

Best served cold

I think his age & contract lenth is one of the biggest genuine reasons to consider his position after the next few games tbh.

Squad needs to be built properly over the course of several windows, allowing for the natural changes & variables which come along with the game. We're desperate for someone to get some time doing this, even if that's a competant DOF, but MON will likely retire end of next year anyway so again that has to be factored into the plan.
    Aye. I honestly thought we'd installed a DOF with a view to continuity, but MON's appointment seems to have completely knocked those thoughts on the head.

We saw up until December that the squad was on the verge and all it needed was a couple of additions. So do they back the squad, bring in a new manager who can work to it's strengths and invest big time in adding those last pieces to the jigsaw - or stick with Martin and replace everyone other than Ryan Yates?

It will be interesting to see how it pans out over the coming months but whatever happens it's going to be divisive.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Why do you care that he wants to stream the game?

Really in the grand scheme of things stop being a busy body as it seems that’s how this forum is going now.

Can’t say anything without having to explain yourself
    Because being seen to allow the advertisement of illegal streams is something that could get the forum owners in serious trouble and possibly result in it being shut down.

If you want that to happen then you're a damn fool.

Try reading the rules before you jump on your high horse and start pretending you are some sort of guardian of what is right and wrong.

OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Because being seen to allow the advertisement of illegal streams is something that could get the forum owners in serious trouble and possibly result in it being shut down.

If you want that to happen then you're a damn fool.

Try reading the rules before you jump on your high horse and start pretending you are some sort of guardian of what is right and wrong.

OK?
    Naa your alright mate you crack on being a busy body

The chances of a website being shut down over people requesting streams is laughable, even if it is against the rules

OK?

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Warnock will be getting promotion even when he is gone. He'll return as a shit Star Wars ghost dancing with Ewoks and claiming the Empire's administration officials robbed him.
    tumblr_lc563ep1ah1qc823io1_500.jpg

How long are the half term holidays?

oopsy daisy!

The chances of a website being shut down over people requesting streams is laughable, even if it is against the rules

OK?
    Seeing as I spent a considerable time on Saturday evening moderating threads where you have been insulting and provoking arguments with other posters I'll take your advice and file it in the appropriate bin.

OK?

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    How long are the half term holidays?
    Well, someone's about to get a longer holiday if he wants to keep on being an arse and it ain't the busy body.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I think we'll win the league if MoNaRK's given the chance to build a team of their own.
    If he builds it, they will come...

Left Winger

Default Next Season

OK?
    I would caution you to read the „Sticky“ post pinned on each Forum regarding the linking to, and promotion of, illegal streams of football matches, including illegal links to iFollow streams of Forest matches.

You might not like it, but it is against the law in the UK, and Website owners who facilitate such links can be prosecuted.

You might have read recently of three men who were sentenced to a total of 17 years in prison for offences around illegal streaming of football games.

It is doubtful LTLF would be subject to such sanctions, but the Website‘s owner could get fined and prosecuted if we were to post illegal links.

I don’t like it either, but unfortunately that’s the law. Write to your MP if you want to grouse about it, because you’ll get zero sympathy from the moderating team on here (which includes Erik, in case you didn’t realise?) if you complain about our removing posts asking for, and offering, links to illegal streams.

These are the rules of the forum. Abide by them please, like everyone else does.

Last edited by Strummer; 15-04-19 at 19:23.
    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

— Joe Strummer

Default Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    I would caution you to read the „Sticky“ post pinned on each Forum regarding the linking to, and promotion of, illegal streams of football matches, including illegal links to iFollow streams of Forest matches.

You might not like it, but it is against the law in the UK, and Website owners who facilitate such links can be prosecuted.

You might have read recently of three men who were sentenced to a total of 17 years in prison for offences around illegal streaming of football games.

It is doubtful LTLF would be subject to such sanctions, but the Website‘s owner could get fined and prosecuted if we were to post illegal links.

I don’t like it either, but unfortunately that’s the law. Write to your MP if you want to grouse about it, because you’ll get zero sympathy from the moderating team on here (which includes Erik, in case you didn’t realise?) if you complain about our removing posts asking for, and offering, links to illegal streams.

These are the rules of the forum. Abide by them please, like everyone else does.
    Bloody hell I dream illegally of football games most nights, well that's what I tell the Mrs when I wake her with my shouts of I'm in first!

Last edited by Strummer; 15-04-19 at 19:22.