Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 31: Leeds United Fan Comments

Default Matchday 31: Leeds United Fan Comments

Second placed Leeds travel down to the East Midlands for a tea time kick off against promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest. Four points and two places separate the teams, but more worryingly Leeds recent form over the last 8 games see the Whites tiltering just above the relegation zone in 19th place with Barnsley, whereas Forest top the form guide with 17 points over the last eight games.

Nottingham Forest have lost just one of their previous seven home league games against Leeds (W4 D2), a 2-0 defeat in August 2017. Leeds have only won two of their past 14 league games against Nottingham Forest (W2 D6 L6), winning both games during 2017. Only 47% of Nottingham Forest's points have come from home matches, the second lowest percentage in the Championship this season ahead of only Bristol City (44%). Leeds have won two of their previous 10 games in all competitions (D3 L5) since winning seven in a row in November/December.

Form guide doesn't interest me. Millwall were a form team and we beat them, Wigan weren't and they beat us. Forest play more to our strengths and I'm pretty confident we can beat them with our existing team.

They beat Brentford 1-0 oh they must be good. Last time out Brum beat them 2-1 oh they must be bad. This league is higgilty piggalty so I go for a draw.

Forest 1 Leeds 4.

Forest 2 Leeds 0.

This Leeds team at its best would beat any team in this league and most in the Premiership. The team has not played badly even in the recent defeats. I have never known any team create so many chances and miss most of them. Lets hope we start taking them on Saturday.

The Forest manager has just been awarded manager of the month, that's them ruined for February.

We're gonna beat the scabs convincingly.

Just watching SKY doing analysis on both teams. Showed all Leeds missed chances against Wigan and highlighted our inability to score, then showed Forrest being ruthless in front of goal in their past few matches....I think I now fear for us in this game.....hope I'm wrong!

I saw that too. We are basically the total opposite of Forest. They like to play on the counter, we like to have the ball. They are very clinical, we are very wasteful. We are going to lose arent we?

I know you boys don't like doing it but Forest are 3/1 to win. Friggin crazy odds.

They are at home.
    They are top of the form table.
    Leeds are 4th bottom of the form table.
    Leeds are missing their best player.

Why the heck is it 3/1? That's huge odds!

We are the better team, a draw should be the minimum and acceptable in normal circumstances except we're dropping points at an alarming rate. We NEED a win.

Possession is the name of the game. If you have 70% possession then the opposition have only 30% of the time to score. If you don't have the ball then you can't score... simples. You also have more than double the chances of scoring if you are able to take your chances.

I honestly think that forest will do a job on us. like 3-1 or something. Might start betting on teams to beat leeds then at least it will soften the blow if we lose.

This squad is thread bare and been running on luck which has now run out. Watkins a class player has scored a late winner for Brentford. We have no one like him or Mitrovic for Fulham. West brom have 5 strikers now and we have just one and he is on the bench.

If I were a forest fan I'd know we're in for a battering but their hope lies in a break away goal or two.

Terrific atmosphere tonight.

Grabban waltzs into our box going past Alio like he wasn't there.

Forest have two big forwards.

Ali playing poorly, loses out again and should have been booked.

Corner to them. We look really weak down the left.

Corner for Forest...Overhit, falls to the edge of the box, good save from Casilla. Another corner for Forest.

Cooper losing out on the physical battle. Wrestles Worrel to the deck.

Forest having plenty of the ball, better of the chances so far.

Alio very lucky not to be booked..But then they should have been booked in the first two for the foul on Pablo. Ref trying not to go the yellow route.

Ali is a liability here, fouls Ameobi again.

Not a pen for me. The forward pushing Coop to get to the ball. Coop pushing back 50/50 challenge. Coop had position.

Pablo clipped late by Sow, worst of the lot. Should be in the book.

70% posession for Leeds but not had a shot yet. Forest had 6, 2 on target.

Just the way Bielsa likes it.

FOREST GOAL - Forest 1, Leeds United 0

Ameobi at the near post, Kiko should be doing better there.

No surprise really....

Casilla fkg usele, you're to blame Bielsa twat.

So here we go chasing the game because of the goal keeper. We had actually taken command of the game, silenced the crowd and were looking more likely.

Same boring wasteful play as always, nothing will change and we will slowly slip into the mystery of the playoffs where who knows what will happen!

All huff and no puff, same old same old.

We will never get promoted with that clown in goal and bamford up front. How can bielsa not see this?

Dallas booked. We need to get to HT for the inspirational talk.

Ref seems the best we've had all year.

Nothing going on up front at all, its embarrasing how much better we are than forest all over the pitch apart from where it matters.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 31: Leeds United Fan Comments

Not sure what we can do to change this but we dont like scoring here.

If we lose this, I can’t see us staying in the top 6 if I’m being totally honest.

We will never go up with the clown MB, sorry has no idea about English football.

Shocking football on display at times.

Goal before half time would be really useful here lads.

HALF TIME - Notthingham Forest 1, Leeds United 0. That was fecking terrible.

I thought we played well, but without causing them any trouble in front of goal. Florist aren't great IMO and got lucky with their goal. I look forward to hearing the opinions of the experts.

Not good despite all the possession.

I cant be arsed with this anymore, I'm far too emotionally invested in this crap for my own good. It's clear as good as bielsa is at coaching he is now out of ideas, playing the same team every week with the same tactics for every team is poor and will again cost us promotion. Pfff time to rebuild again.

Ok. Now we get the....we are the best team, unlucky to be behind, one mistake from Kiko, -. Now the reality. ...we cannot control the ball up front, we have not troubled their keeper once infact he may as well go home, it is very aimless and I genuinely believe our players are just hoping for a lucky own goal ...again. So so predictable and if I can see that so can all the managers in the league. This is what happens when the style of play doesn't change from one game to the next. Kiko should be dropped for a horrendous error but the short comings up front are as clear as day. Big improvement needed or playoffs at best.

We are not playing well, we now have 45 mins to turn this round, hopefully Forest will tire and we can dominate them, but I can see 45 mins of time wasting coming up.

Seems as though at least one person's forgot about Millwall and Brum. We're going to win this.

We were all over Millwall though, aside from the first 5 minutes. Forest are the ones that have been creating the chances here.

Great distribution. Right to watson. allows us to just skip the steps of attacking and them counterattacking. we just give it straight to them.

Forest break, should score, Kiko saves from Grabban. Was straight at Kiko, who was sat on the floor.

We should be two down there.

Grabban misses a sitter.

Somebody needs to put a shackle on Lolley.

Quite frankly we are pure shite at the moment. Lose this and I'm writing the season off. Bielsa, great coach but a s**t manager.

A draw at this rate would feel like a win.

Ali booked and they have a FC on the edge of the box. Pressure.

Forest really coming at us now.

Cooper swearing at his players and NOT boosting them. V poor captain.

Forest the first team to out play us this season so far...did someone say they're not very good?

I just don't see us coming back into this. They are stronger than us, pressing us well, break well and are creating chances.

How does Grabban get the better of Roberts there?

We've not had a shot on target yet.

Cooper header from a corver, cleared off the line at the second attempt by the keeper!

We will be out of auto come Tuesday night, we are so static and one dimensional.

How many times are we gonna pass the ball straight out of play?

Alioski trying very hard to get sent off. Needs taking off, he’s been awful at both ends of the pitch.

Forests offside strategy is working a treat.

80 minutes and we've finally had a shot on target.

I just can't believe what a carbon copy of last years capitulation we are seeing. Deja Vu all over again!

That was a freak save.

Forest breaking against us today like we usually do to teams.

Harrison caught out, loses the ball, Forest attack with two v Kiko, 2-0.

Well that was dreadful. Dare to say id prefer if we just played a normal style of football again and didn't have to suffer the same struggle to score goals every game.

That was awful Leeds, Outplayed, outfought, out of ideas.

Cooper was poor, Lolley made him look daft when Grabbam should have scored.

Lucky not to have a man sent off too. He had already been booked and then a bit later his opponent got by him and he grabbed his arm from behind and pulled him back onto the ground. The ref gave a free kick and I believe the Forest players were correct in questioning the referee why it wasn't another yellow. It was one of those where the ref gives it if the player didn't already have one.

Wonder who’ll be first to blame the ref.

Outplayed by a side that most of their own fans don't know how they win games. Damming indictment of our lot isn't it.

Their big DMF hacked down Pablo early, then committed another bad foul, then another one before he got booked for a fourth. He should have been off first had the ref brandished reds.

TBH when he got his yellow, I thought he had already been booked as he was just hacking at our guys, no intent on getting the ball.

This from a Forest fan I have a lot of respect for, posting on waccoe. Responding to "I bet your smug today"

Eh, not really. Thought it was two very decent teams out there, but the ones who have caused us real problems are the ones who set out to beat our system and Bielsa didn't do that. The entire Forest game plan is to keep the centre of the field congested in our half and force the ball out to the wings, where we can close down in a smaller space and the centre-halves can deal with most crosses into the box. The way to beat Forest, especially at home, is to sit back a little and force our midfield to step up, then make Sow and Watson try and play on the turn. Leeds have the players and the ability to do that but for some reason they didn't, they seemed keen to move the ball out wide and play where we wanted them to.

All that said, we're still 4th. No one's promoted yet so it's not time to be smug. We're perfectly capable of losing at home to Charlton on Tuesday because they'll probably sit back and be happy with a point, which is when we struggle. We aren't very good at breaking teams down when they hold their shape, we rely on Cash, Lolley and Ameobi to exploit the gaps left by teams overcommitting to attacking.

Funny as all the Forest fans around me think they have won the world cup...

That was dire. Forest were the better side, showed more desire, organisation, solidity, threat.

2 wins in 11 says it all. I think earlier in the season we got away with a few wins we probably didn't deserve. I genuinely think this group and a lot of supporters are suffering from delusions of grandeur from them.

We made forest look good.

Even our fans are going through the motions, the loudest I've heard the Forest support in a long time. Leeds fans normally out sing them, totally numbed today after what has been an awful few weeks.

The Scabs will lose their next game.

So once again we are a laughing stock.

Deja Vu:

11 points clear in L1 and the pack catch us.

Last season points clear and the pack caught us under Bielsa.

This season, 11 points clear and the pack catch us = no promotion under a coach who doesn't know how to change tactics or players, and is as stubborn as a mule..Bielsa will never learn.

We are still second before everyone commits suicide.

At this rate all 3 promoted clubs could be from London.

The difference today in Keepers was clear, the Forest guy catches everything thrown into the area, our Keeper creates panic in the defence.

Most frustrating thing for me is how little sides need to do to score again at us. The stats suggest forest had a lot of chances but they didn’t.. a bunch of speculative shots and three chances capitalising on us giving the ball away. Score from two and miss a sitter. At the other end we work little triangles but poor final ball against a packed defence.

Forest a such a bang average workmanlike side who are really lucky to be where they are in the league.. if you watch them and read match reports. And we’ve lost without really testing their keeper.

I thought White didn't have the best of games. Diakhaby skinned him a few times.

Got what we deserved.

Bye bye promotion.

Bottle jobs..not fit to wear the shirt some of em.

Deserved it.

Close the door on yer way out.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Makes my morning coffee taste even sweeter!

Thank you, Calvin, once again

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

“Arthur Scargill, what a wanker what a wanker”

Cheers Calv, absolutely brilliant.

I find it so interesting how a proportion of fans blame “our lads giving the ball away” but completely ignore the reasons why it happens. Namely organisation, clever pressing and effort.

Others see the same game and praise us for exactly those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to being bang average again.

It's crazy that we're flying under the radar after 31 games simply because we don't have more possession - and that's from pundits and fans alike, no one thinks we're any good.

.k I m
    I m u mm

oopsy daisy!

I've been looking forward to this thread.

It doesn't disappoint.

Disappointingly magnanimous if I’m honest.

Still, glad to see they acknowledged how quiet their fans were- you could tell the whole fan base has had the life sucked out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Disappointingly magnanimous if I’m honest.

Still, glad to see they acknowledged how quiet their fans were- you could tell the whole fan base has had the life sucked out of them.
    Even before they went 1-0 down. Our lot were up for it, theirs were not. Just added to the magic, the Forest train was almost inevitable.

Outplayed by a side that most of their own fans don't know how they win games. Damming indictment of our lot isn't it.

the force is strong in this one: "It has been fantastic so far but what you can and must do next will be amazing for the rest of your lives."

We're an average side who got lucky? Doesn't say much for them does it.

They could beat any side in the championship and many in the prem, apparently!

Cheers Calv once again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks Calvin, notice we are average again and shouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in the league.

Thanks for posting Calvin, much appreciated.

Senior Mass Debater

If we are still "Scabs" how come we have got the best "Strikers"?

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Back to being bang average again.

It's crazy that we're flying under the radar after 31 games simply because we don't have more possession - and that's from pundits and fans alike, no one thinks we're any good.
    Aye.

Someone has an idea of how something should work, something doesn't fit that bracket so it doesn't work. They're totally oblivious that it's their idea which is wrong, not the workings.

No complaints from me, let them continue to overlook us until we're in the Prem.

"it's embarrassing how much better we are all over the pitch except where it matters"!

Rather than praising us, they prefer to blame their manager for the steep descent from a sumptuous lead to a tenuous hold on second spot. And they are still second, but it seems most don't expect to be there for very long.

Thanks Calvin, these threads after a brilliant win make up for all the other crap a football fan has to suffer.

Red til I'm dead

We are bang average.

Statistically, we are a mid-table side.

I’m embarrassed

These snowflake possession teams just can’t accept getting outworked, outfought and outplayed by such a clinical, organised and physically fit team like us. How many clear chances Leeds and Brentford created against us in the most recent 2 games? 1? Says it all.

“You can’t score if you don’t have the ball” = cliché. Here’s another one:

“It only takes a second to score a goal”

The big red train rolls on. I wonder if people will finally twig when we turn over WBA at their place live on telly too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Default Matchday 31: Leeds United Fan Comments

Pretty much mirrors what I hear from my leeds mates.

A third still believe that style and statistically they’re pretty much 8th in prem

A third completely lost faith in the team and manager

A third a little more balanced and understand they’re in a dog fight. Whether they’ve got the team for that is the big question.

But the top third is dwindling. I think they’re starting to realise they’re not one on the great Teams of the century.

I really fancy forest against the so called bigger teams. Fancy we’ll beat WBA. Charlton worries me. I think we’ll learn more about our season on Tuesday than we will against Leeds and WBA.

The Foam Hand

Forest the first team to out play us this season so far...did someone say they're not very good?

I do love these threads especially when we beat teams with massive egos, there are some comments that are reasonable and some are just pathetic, well as long as Sabri and the team think we're good enough for promotion that's all I care about.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Polly Harvey Bangerz

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    Best team they've played?

Does.....not..........compute........

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

"We made Forest look good"

Quite a few teams seem to be doing this.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Nottingham's dirty secret

'higgilty piggalty'

Possession is the name of the game. If you have 70% possession then the opposition have only 30% of the time to score. If you don't have the ball then you can't score... simples. You also have more than double the chances of scoring if you are able to take your chances.
    Why did we win this match?

Senior Doom Monger

I am surprised at how sane the comments are overall.
    In comparison to other fans, Leeds would bound to be saner!
    As for the championship, I think there is very little to choose between most teams, bar Fulham and West Brom, both of which are looking like they are Premiership ready.
    I would still class Leeds and Forest as being in the same pack, just below Fulham and WBA.
    But we've already done Fulham once at their ground, and only lost to WBA because of poor keeping by our loanee.
    How we fare in each of those return fixtures may well confirm them as being ahead of the rest, or show me as being wrong in thinking them being a class apart.