Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Default NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

So, as the war between the MW, AK & MoN tribes rumbles on, I thought now was the perfect time to debate who should be cut from the squad in readiness for next season.

Here is my (wish)list -

GK - Stephen Henderson
    GK - Jordan Smith*
    DF - Saidy Janko
    DF - Michael Hefele
    DF - Tendayi Darikwa
    MF - Jack Colback
    MF - Ben Watson
    MF - Matty Cash
    MF - Diogo Gonçalves
    MF - Liam Bridcutt
    MF - Jamie Ward
    MF - Gboly Ariyibi
    FW - Daryl Murphy
    FW - Léo Bonatini
    FW - Karim Ansarifard
    FW - Apostolos Vellios*
    FW - Zach Clough
    FW - Jason Cummings
    FW - Tyler Walker

There are a few controversial names thrown in for good measure like Tyler Walker and Matty Cash, but purely as I think we may sell some of our younger players to fund a promotion push.

COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

You're going to get a few who will argue for cash, but I'm starting to agree that he should be sold.

He was my favourite player last season and he's now my least favourite. He regressed so much since September it's actually sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyRed View Post
    So, as the war between the MW, AK & MoN tribes rumbles on, I thought now was the perfect time to debate who should be cut from the squad in readiness for next season.

Here is my (wish)list -

GK - Stephen Henderson
    GK - Jordan Smith*
    DF - Saidy Janko
    DF - Michael Hefele
    DF - Tendayi Darikwa
    MF - Jack Colback
    MF - Ben Watson
    MF - Matty Cash
    MF - Diogo Gonçalves
    MF - Liam Bridcutt
    MF - Jamie Ward
    MF - Gboly Ariyibi
    FW - Daryl Murphy
    FW - Léo Bonatini
    FW - Karim Ansarifard
    FW - Apostolos Vellios*
    FW - Zach Clough
    FW - Jason Cummings
    FW - Tyler Walker

There are a few controversial names thrown in for good measure like Tyler Walker and Matty Cash, but purely as I think we may sell some of our younger players to fund a promotion push.
    Ten players are out of contract anyway, which is half of your stated list. Quite a few more only have a further year on their contracts too, so moving them on could be an option.

Personally I'd keep Jordan Smith as back up for Pantilimon along with Cash and Walker too, unless we are offered a fee too good to turn down. Apart from them the rest can go, however Zach Clough still has 2 years on his contract so we'll probably end up lumbered with him for a while yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There was talk of Chelsea interest in Cash a year or so ago wasn’t there? Talk of 6mio, though could just be idle speculation, but ditto Osborne a year or 2 ago. Brereton could have gone for 10 million? Ditto Worrall? Basically we could have flipped those youngsters for big money. I’m sure fans would have lost their sh*t over it, but if they see you reinvesting it wisely, and the players not becoming the next big thing just as Brereton has showed at Bburn, then they’d accept it.

And who should know the players best - our club who have coached them every day for years or other clubs scouts?

So basically what it shows is that not only are we poor at signing external players into the club, we’re also pretty poor at knowing when is the right time to cash in the ones we have.

In the hearts and minds of the weak and wounded

Default NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

I’m so happy I’ve written cash off after a few months of indifferent form following an injury

I mean, I know he’s scored a few important goals and created a lot, but come on, he must be about 30 now and it’s time for him to go.

Id keep Cash without doubt. But I want to see him moved centrally. He kills attacks out wide. No supply from his whatsoever.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Cash is joint 2nd top scorer with 8 goals & 21 years old. He's an absolutely must-keep for me. Will likely only make 20-25 appearances next year, but will chip in with some very valueable contributions, he's just not ready to be a mainstay yet.

In fact for me Cash is THE perfect example of what genuine top 6 clubs have coming through on their bench. Our problem is we don't have players good enough to keep him out the first team.

Looking at that list there is a fuckload of deadwood considering we'd supposidly cleared it all out

Yep, Cashy and Walker are must keeps.

Last twenty minutes bringing them off the bench would be useful. Walker would be a decent enough sub for Grabban. He's cheap, ours and will score as many as someone like Ansariford who'll end up costing millions.

I don't mind Darikwa either. Colback is a must keep. The rest can go...in regards to centre mid Yates can go permanent or on loan again but I'd keep one of Bridcutt/Gueddy. Not both

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Keep Smith I'd keep get rid of Steel and Pants and get a better GK, Cash is 21 has enough goals and assists to be a more than competent sub we just need a better starter, Colback Is very odd our second best player this season must keep.

I'm happy for Ansarafid to stay if he gets given a chance and Murphy he l should never start but as a throw on sub last 10 minutes to score from a corner when we are desperate is fine.

The rest I agree with.

I'd personally bomb Byram unless he can prove fitness as we have no room for I jury prone crocks, we've lost 4- 5 players long term this season so adding players with long injury history is a massive no no for me.

Gueds can go aswell been awful this season bar the odd moment and WBA and Bridcut if he won't be playing which he won't.

Last edited by gamble; 14-04-19 at 17:31.

I'd keep Cash, Murphy and Colback out of those. Provided Colback doesn't cost us too much to bring in permanently, though the number of yellows he's got this season is alarming - have we ever had someone reach 15 before?

Murphy is fine as a plan B striker, so we'd need to bring in a new striker to either be first choice ahead of Grabban or backup to him, and then we use Murphy when the style of play needa s more physical target man - or replace him if we actually want to play that way. Strange that Karim has such a good pedigree and has usually looked good but hasn't had much of a chance.

Cash is a young player who is intelligent and a good learner as well as being physically strong, so no idea why we would want to get rid. He should continue to learn and get better. Let's not also forget he didn't come through the setup as a kid like Yates, Appiah etc did but joined later, at 18 I think?

With the exception of Colback, I wouldn't try to make any of the loans permanent.

Other than that, I'd look to shift Henderson, Ariyibi, Cummings, Hefele, Clough, Grant, Watson, Ward, Bridcutt, Vellios and Murphy if possible.

I think I read somewhere that Wolves have used 17 players this season. This makes complete sense, our bloated squad is wasteful and a very poor return on investment. AK, as guilty as anyone. The rest of the positions can be filled with academy players who are cheap and keen.

These 17 (11 best ones) should start every game. Suspensions can be covered by good squad players, especially malleable players like Osborn and Cash. So, who do we have who's genuinely good enough?

Gk: needs adding
    Gk: Pants
    RB: Byram
    LB: Robinson
    CB: Figs
    CB: Dawson (if fit)
    CB: Need adding

MF: Carv
    MF: Yacob
    MF: Colback
    MF: Lolley
    MF: needs adding
    MF: Needs adding

CF: Grabban
    CF: Walker
    CF: Needs adding

There's 17... Then squad players like Cash, Osborn, Worrall, Appiah, Yates...

Ship 20 out replace with 6 quality additions and we'll be in a much stronger position.

Still think Goncalves has something and was given a raw deal by AK and MO'N.

I'd keep him if we got a new manager.

Keeping super sub Soudani then ?

What about Matt Fryatt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Wolves have used 17 players this season. This makes complete sense, our bloated squad is wasteful and a very poor return on investment. AK, as guilty as anyone. The rest of the positions can be filled with academy players who are cheap and keen.

These 17 (11 best ones) should start every game. Suspensions can be covered by good squad players, especially malleable players like Osborn and Cash. So, who do we have who's genuinely good enough?

Gk: needs adding
    Gk: Pants
    RB: Byram
    CB: Figs
    CB: Dawson (if fit)
    CB: Need adding

MF: Carv
    MF: Yacob
    MF: Colback
    MF: Lolley
    MF: Needs adding

CF: Grabban
    CF: Walker
    CF: Needs adding

There's 17... Then squad players like Cash, Osborn, Worrall, Appiah, Yates...

Ship 20 out replace with 6 quality additions and we'll be in a much stronger position.

Yea match of the day said they had used 17 players all season long

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post

It's the fee they'd want though, his buyout is something stupid like 20m euros, if we bought him. It'd have to be for a very very low fee and just seems silly as no one has even tried to use him for what ever reason.

Hard to comment on people like Pants. Cos as it stands he is our best GK by an absolute country mile. But if we can upgrade, you do it, and he won't want to be no.2 So then you'd keep Steele as no.2

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    We'd never manage that we've had 5 players long term Injured again.

Last edited by gamble; 14-04-19 at 18:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post

On loan though isn’t he so realistically he has no chance of staying. Can’t see him wanting neither tbh but I do agree we haven’t seen him much at all

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    To think we could push the boat on 17 quality players or pay for 35 players. Many of whom at no value.

We have Colback, Carv, Yacob, Watson, Yates, Cash, Osborn, Gueddy, Bridcutt... All who play CM .. so why on earth do we then get Pele?! Utterly wasteful.

Small squad with good players. Should we be really unlucky with injuries (thinking when Billy was here the 2nd time) then we can always go into the loan market. Or, worst comes to worst, we don't get promoted but it's not as if we will with a massive squad full of 6/10 players

2 competent players in each position should be adequate enough

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    To think we could push the boat on 17 quality players or pay for 35 players. Many of whom at no value.

We have Colback, Carv, Yacob, Watson, Yates, Cash, Osborn, Gueddy, Bridcutt... All who play CM .. so why on earth do we then get Pele?! Utterly wasteful.

Small squad with good players. Should we be really unlucky with injuries (thinking when Billy was here the 2nd time) then we can always go into the loan market. Or, worst comes to worst, we don't get promoted but it's not as if we will with a massive squad full of 6/10 players

Pele to replace Tachtsidis

I do think he's a better version of Gued tbh nicer feet not too bad at the long pass his shooting looks comparable as well (row z shots all day)

In a dream world, i'd like to see a squad similar to: (basis of a 4-2-3-1 formation)

GK: Pantilimon
    GK: Steele

RB: Justin James (Luton)
    RB: J.Richardson

CB: Milosevic
    CB: Bennalouane
    CB: Worrall
    CB: Toby Fig

LB: K.Pedersen (Birmingham)

CDM: Colback
    CDM: McDonald (Fulham)
    CDM: Pele
    CDM: Yates

CM: Cash
    CB: Osborn

RW: McBurnie (Swansea)
    RW: Appiah

AM: Carvalho
    AM: K.Palmer (Chelsea)

LW: Lolley
    LW: Goncalves

ST: Grabban
    ST: Toney (Posh)
    ST: Wells (Burnley)

If a top 'keeper becomes available, then sure, go for it and move Pants on.

All the others who are 'first team pros' can go.

Players signed are the types i'd like in terms of style that would add ideal styles for different scenarios... etc

Last edited by Steve Stone's Mullet; 14-04-19 at 18:14.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Strap some C4 on them and push them towards the nearest bakery.......

GK - Stephen Henderson
    GK - Luke Steele
    DF - Saidy Janko
    DF - Michael Hefele
    DF - Tobias Figueiredo (assess injury. decent player, but we don't need biscuits)
    MF - Tachtsidis (? Not sure if he's gone permenant or not?)
    MF - Ben Watson
    MF - Diogo Gonçalves
    MF - Liam Bridcutt
    MF - Jamie Ward
    MF - Gboly Ariyibi
    MF - Adlene Geddy
    FW - Soudani
    FW - Daryl Murphy
    FW - Léo Bonatini
    FW - Karim Ansarifard
    FW - Apostolos Vellios
    FW - Zach Clough
    FW - Jason Cummings

19 player! At 10k/wk that'll be costing us nearly 10m/year.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Pele to replace Tachtsidis

I do think he's a better version of Gued tbh nicer feet not too bad at the long pass his shooting looks comparable as well (row z shots all day)
    Swap 6/10 for 6.01/10