Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 373

Thread: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

      
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,467

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Strap some C4 on them and push them towards the nearest bakery.......

    GK - Stephen Henderson
    GK - Luke Steele
    DF - Saidy Janko
    DF - Michael Hefele
    DF - Tobias Figueiredo (assess injury. decent player, but we don't need biscuits)
    MF - Tachtsidis (? Not sure if he's gone permenant or not?)
    MF - Ben Watson
    MF - Diogo Gonçalves
    MF - Liam Bridcutt
    MF - Jamie Ward
    MF - Gboly Ariyibi
    MF - Adlene Geddy
    FW - Soudani
    FW - Daryl Murphy
    FW - Léo Bonatini
    FW - Karim Ansarifard
    FW - Apostolos Vellios
    FW - Zach Clough
    FW - Jason Cummings

    19 player! At 10k/wk that'll be costing us nearly 10m/year.
    What an extravagant waste! Plus fees/agents etc.

    Shambles!!

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,595

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Players like Cash, Osborn, Robinson and Yates are fine as squad players who can come in and do a job for parts of a long hard season. Dare I say it, but even Darikwa (who I don’t rate) could fill this brief.

    The issue, as Alf has said, is that we need genuine first team quality ahead of them to play for the bulk of the season.

    Only Colback, Lolley and Grabban fit into this category for me currently. Plus Byram but his injury worries kind of rule him out playing a large role over a season.

    Then there are good players, who in the right system, with the right coaching, can do a good job at this level: Carvalho, Yacob, Milosevic from the little I’ve seen, Figueiredo when in good form etc.

    Add to that promising youngsters like Appiah and maybe Richardson and you have the basis of a mid-table to top 10 squad.

    It’s the quality players and keeping them fit that makes the extra 15-20pts difference. And that’s where we need to focus our recruitment efforts.

    I’d like to see a new GK, so that probably means a Pantilimon exit. Steele or Smith are ok as backup. If you’re going to have a good season, your GK will play pretty much every game anyway.

    We need a new pair of exciting young fast attacking fullbacks (like James Justin from Luton or Reece James on loan from Chelsea). Robinson and Darikwa are probably fine as backup so we could keep them.

    That would make a big difference to us going forward I think and you’d get a lot more defensively out of a settled team (and manager) with a reliable keeper and Colback/Yacob allowed to do their job. I think we have enough options at centre-half to get a reliable partnership out of, so unless someone obviously better is available I’d stick with Milo, Worrall, Daws, Toby and Benalaouane. Bin off Hefele cos he’s shit and injury-prone.

    Then we need real proven quality in the middle of the park and out wide. We’re fortunate in that we have a proven goalscorer and a top winger in Grabban and Lolley so the bulk of our budget should go in CM and RW.

    Colback should be signed and Yacob kept. Watson and Guedioura, if not first-teamers are probably better off the wage bill, with Yates, Cash and Osborn taking their place as backup options. I like Bridcutt, but Colback and Yacob are probably better at what he does and would like someone a bit more forward-thinking in there. Keeping LB is probably overkill. Tachtsidis should bring in a fee from Italy.

    Carvalho should stay, but needs competition for the times when he’s off-colour, out of form. Nick Powell from Wigan on a free would be perfect. Nobody to get rid of, as we literally have nobody else to challenge Carvalho. Clough I suppose, get rid of him.

    Lolley and Appiah obviously stay, Osborn and Cash have done ok at different times over the season so should be ok as backup to the new man, Lolley and Appiah coming in and out of the team. Goncalves and Dias offered practically nothing this year so we really need to improve in this area. Ariyibi been a waste of a wage, get rid. Same as Ward. Nearly forgot about Soudani, if he can stay fit, should be decent and versatile backup. A chance to look at Jorge Grant in pre-season too.

    Up front, Murphy has done ok at times but at others has looked poor, I can’t see him getting better next season. Walker probably done enough this year at Stags to warrant the Ansarifard third striker role. Grabban is undoubtedly first choice, a good backup would be useful though, in which case Murphy to move on (back to league 1 Ipswich? on a free?). Can Soudani be effective up front on his own? I’d want to find out in pre-season. Bonatini not worked out at all. Vellios I actually don’t mind as irregular backup. Cummings fuck right off.

    So ideally, I’d get rid of:

    Pantilimon and Henderson and replace with one first choice;

    Byram and Janko’s loans and replace with an up and coming left and right back;

    Wague loan end, Hefele. Worrall returns;

    Pele loan end, Guedioura, Watson, Bridcutt, Tachtsidis, replaced by the best midfielder we can buy (plus maybe a decent loan?);

    Clough, replaced by an alternative to Carvalho e.g. Nick Powell on a free;

    Ariyibi, Gonçalves loan end, Ward, replaced by the best winger we can get and more opportunities for Appiah. Soudani hopefully can stay fit and chip in over the course of the season.

    Bonatini loan end, Murphy, Ansarifard, Cummings, to be replaced by Walker return and possibly another if Soudani not capable of playing up front effectively.

    Would start pre-season like this:
    New GK, Steele, Smith;
    New LB, Robinson;
    New RB, Darikwa, Richardson;
    Milo, Worrall, Daws, Benalaouane, Figgy;
    Colback, New CM, Yacob, Yates, Cash, Osborn;
    Carvalho, New AM;
    New W, Lolley, Appiah, Soudani, Grant;
    Grabban, Walker, Vellios.

    Vellios, Grant, Walker, Richardson and Smith given opportunity to impress, if they don’t, loan or sell and investigate the loan market for a striker.

    If they do, sell Darikwa/Steele, don’t bring in a striker.

    That’s 6 or 7 incoming signings with about 18 or 19 senior wages leaving. Still leaves us with a balanced, deep squad. Spend that wage money saved more wisely on quality, not quantity.

    In terms of transfer fees, I’d rather buy 5 x £3m players than 1 x £15m player and loan 2 x quality players than 150 x randomers from an agent you owe a favour to.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,406

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    Swap 6/10 for 6.01/10



    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Thats a fair point, I would only say that Pele hasn't had that much time here to settle and hasn't played many games and he's younger


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,406

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Strap some C4 on them and push them towards the nearest bakery.......

    GK - Stephen Henderson
    GK - Luke Steele
    DF - Saidy Janko
    DF - Michael Hefele
    DF - Tobias Figueiredo (assess injury. decent player, but we don't need biscuits)
    MF - Tachtsidis (? Not sure if he's gone permenant or not?)
    MF - Ben Watson
    MF - Diogo Gonçalves
    MF - Liam Bridcutt
    MF - Jamie Ward
    MF - Gboly Ariyibi
    MF - Adlene Geddy
    FW - Soudani
    FW - Daryl Murphy
    FW - Léo Bonatini
    FW - Karim Ansarifard
    FW - Apostolos Vellios
    FW - Zach Clough
    FW - Jason Cummings

    19 player! At 10k/wk that'll be costing us nearly 10m/year.
    Ffs that's depressing, just shows what piss poor management from the top down can do to a squad of players.


  6. #30
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,132

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Can't disagree much with those two lists but I'd keep Cash and Colback. Torn on Darikwa as he's looked good in spells.
    Pointless selling Walker when you've got the likes of Bonatini and Amstrad in the squad which aren't upgrades if we're honest.

    Players like Watson, Pep, Ward and Dawson are about past it and can't be relied upon, Murphy heading the same way as well.

    Pants doesn't fill me with confidence. He keeps us in the game sometimes but then he drops a changer and his distribution isn't great.

    I dunno, beginning to think it all needs stripping back. The squad is far too big.


  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,043

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Players like Cash, Osborn, Robinson and Yates are fine as squad players who can come in and do a job for parts of a long hard season. Dare I say it, but even Darikwa (who I don’t rate) could fill this brief.

    The issue, as Alf has said, is that we need genuine first team quality ahead of them to play for the bulk of the season.

    Only Colback, Lolley and Grabban fit into this category for me currently. Plus Byram but his injury worries kind of rule him out playing a large role over a season.

    Then there are good players, who in the right system, with the right coaching, can do a good job at this level: Carvalho, Yacob, Milosevic from the little I’ve seen, Figueiredo when in good form etc.

    Add to that promising youngsters like Appiah and maybe Richardson and you have the basis of a mid-table to top 10 squad.

    It’s the quality players and keeping them fit that makes the extra 15-20pts difference. And that’s where we need to focus our recruitment efforts.

    I’d like to see a new GK, so that probably means a Pantilimon exit. Steele or Smith are ok as backup. If you’re going to have a good season, your GK will play pretty much every game anyway.

    We need a new pair of exciting young fast attacking fullbacks (like James Justin from Luton or Reece James on loan from Chelsea). Robinson and Darikwa are probably fine as backup so we could keep them.

    That would make a big difference to us going forward I think and you’d get a lot more defensively out of a settled team (and manager) with a reliable keeper and Colback/Yacob allowed to do their job. I think we have enough options at centre-half to get a reliable partnership out of, so unless someone obviously better is available I’d stick with Milo, Worrall, Daws, Toby and Benalaouane. Bin off Hefele cos he’s shit and injury-prone.

    Then we need real proven quality in the middle of the park and out wide. We’re fortunate in that we have a proven goalscorer and a top winger in Grabban and Lolley so the bulk of our budget should go in CM and RW.

    Colback should be signed and Yacob kept. Watson and Guedioura, if not first-teamers are probably better off the wage bill, with Yates, Cash and Osborn taking their place as backup options. I like Bridcutt, but Colback and Yacob are probably better at what he does and would like someone a bit more forward-thinking in there. Keeping LB is probably overkill. Tachtsidis should bring in a fee from Italy.

    Carvalho should stay, but needs competition for the times when he’s off-colour, out of form. Nick Powell from Wigan on a free would be perfect. Nobody to get rid of, as we literally have nobody else to challenge Carvalho. Clough I suppose, get rid of him.

    Lolley and Appiah obviously stay, Osborn and Cash have done ok at different times over the season so should be ok as backup to the new man, Lolley and Appiah coming in and out of the team. Goncalves and Dias offered practically nothing this year so we really need to improve in this area. Ariyibi been a waste of a wage, get rid. Same as Ward. Nearly forgot about Soudani, if he can stay fit, should be decent and versatile backup. A chance to look at Jorge Grant in pre-season too.

    Up front, Murphy has done ok at times but at others has looked poor, I can’t see him getting better next season. Walker probably done enough this year at Stags to warrant the Ansarifard third striker role. Grabban is undoubtedly first choice, a good backup would be useful though, in which case Murphy to move on (back to league 1 Ipswich? on a free?). Can Soudani be effective up front on his own? I’d want to find out in pre-season. Bonatini not worked out at all. Vellios I actually don’t mind as irregular backup. Cummings fuck right off.

    So ideally, I’d get rid of:

    Pantilimon and Henderson and replace with one first choice;

    Byram and Janko’s loans and replace with an up and coming left and right back;

    Wague loan end, Hefele. Worrall returns;

    Pele loan end, Guedioura, Watson, Bridcutt, Tachtsidis, replaced by the best midfielder we can buy (plus maybe a decent loan?);

    Clough, replaced by an alternative to Carvalho e.g. Nick Powell on a free;

    Ariyibi, Gonçalves loan end, Ward, replaced by the best winger we can get and more opportunities for Appiah. Soudani hopefully can stay fit and chip in over the course of the season.

    Bonatini loan end, Murphy, Ansarifard, Cummings, to be replaced by Walker return and possibly another if Soudani not capable of playing up front effectively.

    Would start pre-season like this:
    New GK, Steele, Smith;
    New LB, Robinson;
    New RB, Darikwa, Richardson;
    Milo, Worrall, Daws, Benalaouane, Figgy;
    Colback, New CM, Yacob, Yates, Cash, Osborn;
    Carvalho, New AM;
    New W, Lolley, Appiah, Soudani, Grant;
    Grabban, Walker, Vellios.

    Vellios, Grant, Walker, Richardson and Smith given opportunity to impress, if they don’t, loan or sell and investigate the loan market for a striker.

    If they do, sell Darikwa/Steele, don’t bring in a striker.

    That’s 6 or 7 incoming signings with about 18 or 19 senior wages leaving. Still leaves us with a balanced, deep squad. Spend that wage money saved more wisely on quality, not quantity.

    In terms of transfer fees, I’d rather buy 5 x £3m players than 1 x £15m player and loan 2 x quality players than 150 x randomers from an agent you owe a favour to.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fucking excellent post. Top notch.

    I can feel your passion in that write up. You should either copy and paste that or hand write it and send to EM, O’Neil Keane and any other big wig that makes decisions at this football club




  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,043

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Can't disagree much with those two lists but I'd keep Cash and Colback. Torn on Darikwa as he's looked good in spells.
    Pointless selling Walker when you've got the likes of Bonatini and Amstrad in the squad which aren't upgrades if we're honest.

    Players like Watson, Pep, Ward and Dawson are about past it and can't be relied upon, Murphy heading the same way as well.

    Pants doesn't fill me with confidence. He keeps us in the game sometimes but then he drops a changer and his distribution isn't great.

    I dunno, beginning to think it all needs stripping back. The squad is far too big.
    Horrendously over sized


  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,467

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Can't disagree much with those two lists but I'd keep Cash and Colback. Torn on Darikwa as he's looked good in spells.
    Pointless selling Walker when you've got the likes of Bonatini and Amstrad in the squad which aren't upgrades if we're honest.

    Players like Watson, Pep, Ward and Dawson are about past it and can't be relied upon, Murphy heading the same way as well.

    Pants doesn't fill me with confidence. He keeps us in the game sometimes but then he drops a changer and his distribution isn't great.

    I dunno, beginning to think it all needs stripping back. The squad is far too big.
    Exactly this...

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk


  10. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,467

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    The danger is, we'll sign 6/7 players that MON wants (Neil Lennon included). He'll be sacked in October. We'll then get another 6/7 players for the new manager whilst still paying and not playing MON's scrappers and we're straight back where we started

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk


  11. #35
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,595

    Default NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    The danger is, we'll sign 6/7 players that MON wants (Neil Lennon included). He'll be sacked in October. We'll then get another 6/7 players for the new manager whilst still paying and not playing MON's scrappers and we're straight back where we started

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Yeah, experience tells me this is what we will do.....

    We’ll end up with about 14 central midfielders on senior wages and have to sell Appiah to fund it all.

    We need to buy good up and coming players and stick with a manager, not random loans, expensive veterans and a new manager every year.

    Look at Claudio Yacob. He’s a good player, he’ll be on a good wage. But change the manager and he suddenly becomes an expensive bench-warmer. It’s madness.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Last edited by RealRed85; 14-04-19 at 19:22.

  12. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,467

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Yeah, experience tells me this is what we will do.....

    We’ll end up with about 14 central midfielders on senior wages and have to sell Appiah to fund it all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll end up with 14 central midfielders who we won't play as we'll play Appiah instead!

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,043

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Yeah, experience tells me this is what we will do.....

    We’ll end up with about 14 central midfielders on senior wages and have to sell Appiah to fund it all.

    We need to buy good up and coming players and stick with a manager, not random loans, expensive veterans and a new manager every year.

    Look at Claudio Yacob. He’s a good player, he’ll be on a good wage. But change the manager and he suddenly becomes an expensive bench-warmer. It’s madness.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trouble is O’Neill won’t want good up and coming managers imo. Especially as at a guess next season would really be shit or bust for him


  14. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one
    Posts
    1,075

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Just to be clear I'd love to see Colback stay, but he's out of contract this summer and was free to sign a pre-contract with us if he/we wanted it.

    I would imagine he's going to spend the summer looking at his options. And we may not be one of them.

    As for Walker and Cash, Tyler is 22 years old now and I guess the question is how long do we keep waiting until he has a breakout season for us? He is playing great for stags, but it's two leagues lower, is he ready to bang 20 a season in for us in the championship or is it time to cash in on the season he has had.

    Matty on the other hand, has had a breakout season for us and I would have said he had to be a starter in every game but, this season he seems to have gone off the boil

    COYR

    Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

    10th at best.

  15. #39
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dangerously close to Infernos
    Posts
    23,591

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    I'm still waiting for Dougie's list


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,065

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    I bet someone like Chris Wilder could get performances out of our current squad.

    He’s been doing alright with lesser known, supposedly poorer footballers than those that have come from well known European teams or the Premier League like we’ve signed.

    That’s the funny thing, on paper we’d be saying McGoldrick isn’t good enough and needs disposing of. It’s all about what you can get out of them...

    Last edited by BryanRoy22; 14-04-19 at 21:33.

  17. #41
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,132

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    I bet someone like Chris Wilder could get performances out of our current squad.

    He’s been doing alright with lesser known, supposedly poorer footballers than those that have come from well known European teams or the Premier League like we’ve signed.

    That’s the funny thing, on paper we’d be saying McGoldrick isn’t good enough and needs disposing of. It’s all about what you can get out of them...
    I think he's a unique fit at Sheffield United. Put him at Stoke with the considerably better squad on paper and I don't think he'd have the same effect.


  18. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,065

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I think he's a unique fit at Sheffield United. Put him at Stoke with the considerably better squad on paper and I don't think he'd have the same effect.
    You might be right. Some managers fit the underdog profile and get the best out of mediocre players, making them look better than they are. But can’t quite have the same effect with more talented players.

    Some just have the knack no matter what. But I genuinely think Wilder would do well wherever. He’s had success with all 4 clubs he’s managed so far. Very talented manager.


  19. #43
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,132

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    You might be right. Some managers fit the underdog profile and get the best out of mediocre players, making them look better than they are. But can’t quite have the same effect with more talented players.

    Some just have the knack no matter what. But I genuinely think Wilder would do well wherever. He’s had success with all 4 clubs he’s managed so far. Very talented manager.
    Billy did it here, got the best out of some very average players.


  20. #44
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,595

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Trouble is O’Neill won’t want good up and coming managers imo. Especially as at a guess next season would really be shit or bust for him
    That’s my concern. We get lumbered with 4 or 5 big, physical plodders, most probably the wrong side of 30 and all on good money. Then we sack MON by November, hire a Spanish/Portuguese coach and bring in more of Mendes’ clients and Olimpiacos rejects in January. Thus perpetuating the cycle of shit.

    I’m a ray of sunshine, I know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  21. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,065

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Billy did it here, got the best out of some very average players.
    Sean O’Driscoll too. I mean, you could liken that brief spell in charge to what Sheffield United are doing.

    Billy Sharp up front, trying to play football the right way to get results, and generally not being too far away.

    But of course, Dan Harding and Danny Collins and Simon Gillet weren’t good enough? Come on guys, it’s not just about upgrading players and you automatically get better. It’s more about the manager’s style of play and ability to man manage.


  22. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,623

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Strap some C4 on them and push them towards the nearest bakery.......

    GK - Stephen Henderson
    GK - Luke Steele
    DF - Saidy Janko
    DF - Michael Hefele
    DF - Tobias Figueiredo (assess injury. decent player, but we don't need biscuits)
    MF - Tachtsidis (? Not sure if he's gone permenant or not?)
    MF - Ben Watson
    MF - Diogo Gonçalves
    MF - Liam Bridcutt
    MF - Jamie Ward
    MF - Gboly Ariyibi
    MF - Adlene Geddy
    FW - Soudani
    FW - Daryl Murphy
    FW - Léo Bonatini
    FW - Karim Ansarifard
    FW - Apostolos Vellios
    FW - Zach Clough
    FW - Jason Cummings

    19 player! At 10k/wk that'll be costing us nearly 10m/year.
    Not a bad pick. I would certainly keep Figueiredo, and one of Soudani or Murphy, but other than that I agree. I would add Pantilimon, Wagué, Dawson, and I would sell Darikwa, Osborn, Walker.

    But all this makes little sense untill you know who the manager will be.


  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    No way I'd get rid of Colback out of choice.

    He's probably our best player.

    Not many loan signings actually get given the captain's armband at a club which speaks volumes in my book.

    He's definitely one I'd keep.

    I don't think Cash is controversial to get rid either.

    He's rarely got any end product, wastes possession & missed too many glorious chances,

    I'd say Grabban ought to have had a fair few more by now as well.

    We've certainly not taken our chances on the whole tbh.


  24. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    To add to my first point I think we're relying on too many bang average squad players like Osborne & Cash who aren't promotion winning material.

    It would have been nice to see O Neil work with his own choice of players over a season but such is life & he's not shown anywhere near enough promise to warrant being given the chance next season.

    I think Marinakis would be getting rid at Christmas anyway if he did stay


  25. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,043

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    You might be right. Some managers fit the underdog profile and get the best out of mediocre players, making them look better than they are. But can’t quite have the same effect with more talented players.

    Some just have the knack no matter what. But I genuinely think Wilder would do well wherever. He’s had success with all 4 clubs he’s managed so far. Very talented manager.
    Wilder would do well wherever. Players want to play for him and so they do

    He’s a modern day Harry redknapp when it comes to character and personality, could quite easily play on a Saturday with you. Similar is Eddie Howe

    And another so I heard the other day is Roy hodgson even in his 70s still gets his boots on

    Players want to play for these men


  26. #50
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    33,734

    Default Re: NFFC Bomb Squad: The 2019 Deluxe Edition

    I wouldn’t get rid of Cash. He is only 21, is already holding is own at Championship level, and has the potential to be a good player. A definite keep imo.

    “A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.”

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •