Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Matchday 38: Ipswich Town Fan Comments

Default Matchday 38: Ipswich Town Fan Comments

They use a chatroom rather than a matchday thread so comments are limited, plus I'm hungover and with the awful performance yesterday I had little inclination to go hunting.

Forest had the better of the first half. However, the Blues were dominant after the break but were unable to turn their superiority into their fourth win of the season.

That has to be one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen, absaloute joke. We were brilliant today, such a shame we couldntít quite do it but so proud of them.

Will Brexit effect the price of biscuits?

Probably only Garibaldi and Petit Fours.

The game was a good watch overall, dream start, but thought Forest had the better of the first half, wrongly had a goal disallowed, don't know what the linesman saw with the Murphy goal.*

Second half, the tempo put Forest on the back foot and to be honest could never get at us from the beginning of the second half to the end. Had a hatful of chances to score, scored a perfectly good goal and yet again wrongly disallowed. When you think Nolan should have scored, Jackson has 2 one-on-ones and they nearly headed into their own net how we didn't walk away with 3 points is staggering.

It was terrific watch. Those conditions weren't easy, but we thoroughly outplayed Forest in that second half. Just didn't get that important winner which our good play deserved.

Forest were hanging on for dear life in that second half.

Pennington absolutely bossed and bullied Murphy from start to finish didnít he. He done the exact thing Murphy done for us so well in that one season.

Yet Murphy still had a perfectly good goal chalked off, forced Bart into a decent save and had one header just go over the top in the first half. He may have bossed him overall, but Murph may still have left game being the match winner.

The first half was a poor affair, but the lads were wonderful to watch during that second half and in those tricky conditions, that wasn't easy. Thoroughly outplayed Forest, yet another side like Reading that got away with one today.

We fucking hate Roy Keane was song of the day.

What happened to the Forest way?

Weird seeing them just playing long ball.

Fairly good first half from what Iíve seen, but the longer itís gone on the more we appear to have lost the midfield and Forest end the half on top.

What a wanker of a referee, what a petty cun5 he is.

Great second half performance. Truly deserved a win.

Killed them, especially second half, wave after wave of attack, good goal disallowed and a certain penalty right at the death for the foul on Jackson not given.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 38: Ipswich Town Fan Comments

thanks for posting Calvin

Senior Doom Monger

League 1 here they come...

Que sera sera , whatever will be will be, you’re going to Shrewsbury.....

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Fucking hate Ipswich. So happy to see them going down.

Give my love to Johnny Ulsterboy.

Cocky ***** revelled in our near-demise a couple of season's ago.

Well... Mick McCarthy is laughing at you!

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Que sera sera , whatever will be will be, you’re going to Shrewsbury.....
    They sang that yesterday didn't they? I'm sure I heard it on the radio.

Makes you wonder what happened in that second half.
    We've been a weird team for a few years; good in one half, poor in the other, good in one game, poor in the next.
    It was the same under Monty, Warbs, AK and now MON. Which suggests it has to be the mentality of the players.

Fuck knows, I gave up trying to work out the Forest Conundrum years ago.

Thanks for posting Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    They sang that yesterday didn't they? I'm sure I heard it on the radio.
    Yes, along with "We love you fatty, we do", in response to an overweight Ipswich lad responding positively to the chants of "get your tits out for the lads" on numerous occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    Yes, along with "We love you fatty, we do", in response to an overweight Ipswich lad responding positively to the chants of "get your tits out for the lads" on numerous occasions.
    Reminds me of years ago when we played Leyton Orient and a young, slightly overweight, lad kept coming out on to the balcony of one of those flats in the corner of the ground. In the end he just gave up and stayed inside.

A difficult read as expected.

I think the second half would have been a very different affair if the ref hadn;t disallowed our goal at the end of the first half, as for a start we don't end up trying to play a 5-0-5 formation. we probably get them attacking hard at the start of the second and we pick up another goal or two on the counter at some point

The Clapham Crusader

We were worse after the substitutions which I think contributed to how crap we were second half

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    I felt sorry him. After a couple chants, could have left him alone. It's not like he was giving it out. But I guess he chose to sit there, he was big, it's going to happen. He was a great sport though. Top bloke. Was genuinely providing more entertainment than the players at that point.

Yet another ref who possibly changed the result. Difficult conditions but Ipswich really closed us down well and didn’t give us time to build attacks. Disappointed with Yates and Osborn. Osborn has a part to play in the squad and Yates has great potential, but shouldn’t play in every game.