Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Zealand mosque shootings

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I never said that, I’m berating the whole identity politics atmosphere we have. I find it depressing that we have these two fringe sides because they are fringe that want to use there identity as a reflection of power. It’s so sad and believe me I have no time for alt right dicks who think they are superior because of there race.

The real culprit first and foremost is the guy who killed those people, it takes a lot to say nasty things then to actually go out and do it.
    So you not saying the left is is responsible but you're drawing some kind of equivalence?

Can you show me the last time a leftist went out and committed a murder spree in the name of identitarianism?

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    So you not saying the left is is responsible but you're drawing some kind of equivalence?

Can you show me the last time a leftist went out and committed a murder spree in the name of identitarianism?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017...eball_shooting

Obviously I ain't Emmerson, but I've just been reading up on mass shootings recently so I remembered this one. Obviously it was no where near catastrophic as the Christchurch shooting.

I haven't read his manifesto or seen the video, but I've seen a quote from him saying how people only take his beliefs seriously if they are introduced to them ironically through memes.

I find this really interesting, and is absolutely something I see online all the time. I spend more time than I'm proud of on websites like reddit, and you can trace views becoming normalised through jokes and memes. It was especially clear in the run up to Trump's election.

The way the world works has completely transformed in the last five years or so.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’m berating identity politics, the point wasn’t to draw equivalence to anything. I can’t stand people basing ideally on race.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    I haven't read his manifesto or seen the video, but I've seen a quote from him saying how people only take his beliefs seriously if they are introduced to them ironically through memes.

I find this really interesting, and is absolutely something I see online all the time. I spend more time than I'm proud of on websites like reddit, and you can trace views becoming normalised through jokes and memes. It was especially clear in the run up to Trump's election.

The way the world works has completely transformed in the last five years or so.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Take one look at the /Pol/ board on 4chan and you'll see there's thousands of young men who think like the shooter. The disenfranchised youth of yesteryear would attach themselves to music or to a sub culture, but now it's memes and nazi imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017...eball_shooting

Obviously I ain't Emmerson, but I've just been reading up on mass shootings recently so I remembered this one. Obviously it was no where near catastrophic as the Christchurch shooting.
    This is going to seem a bit pedantic but I said motivated by identarianism.

Afaik, Hodkinson was attacking those politicians on grounds of political affiliation, rather than identity.

BTW, I'm not condning this attack either, I condemn it fully and unequivocally, but's it not identarian in nature.

Last edited by Redemption; 16-03-19 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I’m berating identity politics, the point wasn’t to draw equivalence to anything. I can’t stand people basing ideally on race.
    But why is when ever there is a killing like this (in a mosque, in a synagogue, in a black Pentecostal church, in a gay night club, ett) must we always consider left identarianism as though it were somehow equivalent and part of the problem?

I'm not saying you shouldn't - although I don't think it's useful to do so - but if you are, I'd like to know why.

Last edited by Redemption; 16-03-19 at 13:18.

The Foam Hand

This has a name, it's called hyper-reality, where reality seems more like a movie or, latterly, a game.

Coined in 1968 in reference to some American Paratroopers feeling that jumping out of an aeroplane to actually fight in Vietnam felt more like way a WW2 movie.
    Yes, there's a similar discussion going on elsewhere where this has been mentioned.

Another thing that strikes me is some people appear to be getting desensitized to videos like these, like they have lost the capability to differentiate between what is real and what isn't.
    The internet is saturated with this stuff as well, yet, there is no support structure in place to deal with what people may be viewing.
    It's not comparable to say Fire fighters for example, but they see things that no one should see and get counselling for it. Having said that, mental health problems are rife in the Fire service.

I remember 'snuff movies' being a bit of a thing in the 1990's and I thought that was fucked up back then, but now it's commonplace to watch some terrorist attack or torture on you smartphone.
    It isn't going to end well, any of this.

Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Yes, there's a similar discussion going on elsewhere where this has been mentioned.

Another thing that strikes me is some people appear to be getting desensitized to videos like these, like they have lost the capability to differentiate between what is real and what isn't.
    The internet is saturated with this stuff as well, yet, there is no support structure in place to deal with what people may be viewing.
    It's not comparable to say Fire fighters for example, but they see things that no one should see and get counselling for it. Having said that, mental health problems are rife in the Fire service.

I remember 'snuff movies' being a bit of a thing in the 1990's and I thought that was fucked up back then, but now it's commonplace to watch some terrorist attack or torture on you smartphone.
    It isn't going to end well, any of this.
    This is part of the human psyche, but its 'mental system' that we can choose to feed.

I've long said the internet has a few problems that we'll have to deal with at some point. This is like anything else. Films didn't have age restrictions in the begining, this was something added afterwards. Genre on TV became ordinary so that you could turnon TV at anypoint and you be able to tell if it was new, soap opera, film, documentary, etc without really paying attention. The internet never really had this, everything could like like a news site, or comedy show, or whatever and it all has equal value - but that's problematic for us.

There's another analogy I've been making for along time too - since my undergraduated dissertation in 94 at least - that moving to the internet era would be like moving to the urban era, and it would be fucked-up for a while while we learned to live with each other in new ways. It took about 100 years to really settle into Urban life. The difference in 94 was is that I thought it would happen faster, today I think it could be slower.

lol

I think that's a good point Thomas and leads to another debate that is probably worthy of its own thread.

Someone I was working with showed me the video yesterday morning on his phone.
    I hadn't seen the news and wasn't sure what it was to begin with. The lad showing it me is a big gamer and a lot younger than me, so I assumed it was something along those lines.
    Which says it all.
    It was like watching a game through the head-cam, surreal but absolutely shocking.
    It's ridiculously surreal man. And one of my friends, huge gamer type as well, told me to come down as it just happens alot and expect memes by the next day. That type of mentality just erks me. It's so strange, these internet dwellers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

lol

As the internet would say. Also, be careful of 4chan. If they see us talking about them, they would destroy this website in ways I can't even imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    As the internet would say. Also, be careful of 4chan. If they see us talking about them, they would destroy this website in ways I can't even imagine.

Could it be worse than the 'window-licker' war between Vital and LTLF?

Weltmeister

No, they wouldn’t.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Weltmeister

Can we keep the thread on topic please, random posts slagging off other people who’ve absolutely nothing to do with the subject and wishing them self-inflicted harm are neither useful, nor topical.

Maybe society would be less focussed on the internet & virtual lives, if it stopped trying to "punish" people for living normal lives?

Smoking bans, KPIs, work offices where your toilet breaks are logged, constant demand for 24 hour products etc. We've dehumanised daily life and made drones out of everyone, with most free expression met with a barrage of "Billy Davies nutter! How dare you not conform!"

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Purveyor of exotic goods

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Maybe society would be less focussed on the internet & virtual lives, if it stopped trying to "punish" people for living normal lives?

Smoking bans, KPIs, work offices where your toilet breaks are logged, constant demand for 24 hour products etc. We've dehumanised daily life and made drones out of everyone, with most free expression met with a barrage of "Billy Davies nutter! How dare you not conform!"

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Don’t come over this side of the forum much...but glad to see you referencing King Billy even on the most unassociated of threads.

Impressive stuff. Pray continue.

Purveyor of exotic goods

4chan? 8chan is what u should be worried about. I tool a butchers yesterday....never, ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post
    Don’t come over this side of the forum much...but glad to see you referencing King Billy even on the most unassociated of threads.

Have you got an alert set up on his name or something?

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post

That's nothing, someone said in the Brexit thread that Fawaz could get us a better deal than May

Purveyor of exotic goods

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNottingham View Post
    Have you got an alert set up on his name or something?
    Yep, I have an Alf specific alert. It overrides any other scheduled task.

Purveyor of exotic goods

That's nothing, someone said in the Brexit thread that Fawaz could get us a better deal than May

At this rate Paul Merson on the back end of a 3 day coke binge could deliver a better Brexit.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Yes I know this shooting is awful.

Yes I know it makes headline news.

It is, however, being made to do a very good job of keeping Brexit off the UK front pages now and in so doing take the edge off the likely violent protests that are about to hit parliament...

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Reports coming out that a gunman has gone on the rampage in Utrecht, inside tram and other places in the city. The gunman is still at large.