• The Draw

6 14.63%
  • Peter Withe

2 4.88%
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Matchday 37: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa

Default Re: Matchday 37: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    You are demonstrating as much, if not more on the impatience scale. You've been advocating the sale of a young, talented player since before Christmas, at a drastic loss, because they haven't fulfilled their potential inside 4 months.

You can't criticise impatience whilst also demanding it.

That's where it's contradictory. On the one hand you keep lambasting the club for not digging around the lower leagues for, cheap british signings who need time to develop, before then complaining about the lack of impact from our younger signings and that we should spend the money on proven players who are going to be good enough to get into a top 6 squad right away.

Your big favourite Marriott hasn't yet proven to be ready for this league, as his record suggests he's still finding his feet to. So how ready is ready enough?

It doesn't stand up.

Where has the club said they expect promotion in 1 season? Whose words are you specifically criticising? This is the thing, we get so swept up in outrage that we start attributing things to the club that they themselves haven't stated.

Do I think they wanted promotion this season? Yep, but I think they've wanted it every season since we got relegated. AK got the squad he wanted and was doing well, obviously there was a fall out and that was the end of that. With MON, he had a transfer window and made the signings he made. We congratulate him on the defenders that came him, but blame the club for the others who aren't as a successful. It was the same with MW and AK. Good players = managers signings. Bad players == mysterious characters behind the scenes of the club working against the managers wishes.

It's silly isn't it? First, I don't think anyone is daft enough to believe any of MW, AK or MON would tolerate players being forced on them. We know how outspoken the latter two are, and we saw MW stick to his guns at Brentford and Rangers.

This season I do think the club made noises about wanting promotion, but not really anymore than usual. Might just be me though!
    Exaplained my stance on the expectations several times mate. Pointless explaining it again.

Course it stands up. You invest the majority of money on proven players, minimal amount on unproven ones, and the ranges in between. Marriot had 30 goals last season in a league very similar to ours. Yes he's one for the future, but more goals thsi season than any of our players other than Grabban suggests he contributes enough now too.

The clubs actions say they expect promotion in 1 season, by "sacking" a manager sat 7th. there were obv rumours about that happening for not being in the top 6 by Jan, but rumours are only rumours.

Do you want to drop to PM mate? Think we're clogging it up a bit here

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sky Plus Me

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    You invest the majority of money on proven players, minimal amount on unproven ones, and the ranges in between.
    So all the players, then?

McGinn was good, Grealish was okay but everytime I watch Hourihane I am seriously impressed by him.

He always seems to go under the radar in this league as one of the best centre mids, his set pieces are ridiclous.

2 things stand out for me which nobody seems to have mentioned.

1. The goal that should have stood. We finished the first half and started the second the better team. Confidence would have been up and we were on a crest of a wave, instead it's dissallowed, our heads drop and once they score the third we gave up. Fine margins in football.

2. Missing Jack Robinson. Hull apart, we're crap in defence without him and look so disjointed. A Very underrated player in my opinion.

Can't be too downbeat losing to a superior squad supplemented by the unfair parachute payment system. Lose to Ipswich however and that would not be good enough despite their murmur of form.

Last edited by garibaldi; 15-03-19 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    2 things stand out for me which nobody seems to have mentioned.

1. The goal that should have stood. We finished the first half and started the second the better team. Confidence would have been up and we were on a crest of a wave, instead it's dissallowed, our heads drop and once they score the third we gave up. Fine margins in football.

2. Missing Jack Robinson. Hull apart, we're crap in defence without him and look so disjointed. A Very underrated player in my opinion.

Can't be too downbeat losing to a superior squad supplemented by the unfair parachute payment system. Lose to Ipswich however and that would not be good enough despite their murmur of form.
    Re the goal, the sheer lack of any demonstration suggests it was a push

And with Robinson some on here thinks he should never wear the shirt again

When I saw the line up's I thought they looked a better side than us man for man and so it proved. Especially in midfield where Villa's trio have no business being in mid-table.

Despite the goal, we were miles off it for the first half an hour. Colback grew into the game but had a shocking start, it took him 30 minutes to get into the same postcode as McGinn who ran past him constantly. Pele didn't look quite as assured in a game where he wasn't given plenty of time and Yates got lost playing somewhere between central midfield and on the right.

Carvalho showed some nice touches but they were in area's where he will do no harm. Lolley was our only real threat (again) but I thought Vlla managed to limit the supply into him quite well, he left his shooting boots at home as well. Karim struggled against two big brutes and never really gave us a platform to play off.

The two CB's had their worst game together and Pants probably should have done better for their equaliser.