Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2499

Thread: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

There's no doubt that the rowing club has launched a determined campaign with the intention of seriously compromising the residential part of the project, which, if any way successful, will effectively derail the entire scheme.

In which case, it might prudent for the owners to consider or even investigate alternative options for the longer term.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 17-03-20 at 17:04.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oopsy daisy!

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    There's no doubt that the rowing club has launched a determined campaign with the intention of seriously compromising the residential part of the project, which, if any way successful, will effectively scupper the entire scheme.
    More appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    More appropriate.
    That's possibly right. The sheer number of objections lodged by people from addresses all across Nottingham, and beyond, would suggest that to be the case.

Senior Doom Monger

If another site is the answer then it would probably be further away from the City Centre - I reckon it would alongside the A52, closer to the A46.
    Plenty of green fields there.
    We could build Pride Park 2!

There's no doubt that the rowing club has launched a determined campaign with the intention of seriously compromising the residential part of the project, which, if any way successful, will effectively derail the entire scheme.

In which case, it might prudent for the owners to consider or even investigate alternative options for the longer term.
    Agreed. I know with euro 2020 cancelled that must mean the season will be finished..but later, I'm guessing that may have also impacted upon the decision? I'd say it's highly likley EM will have others options on the table already.
    RBC could well have lost a huge amount of jobs long term, lets hope not. But prudent to look elsewhere, NFFC long term stability comes first....not a fucking rowing club lol

Quote Originally Posted by sammy the snake View Post
    Agreed. I know with euro 2020 cancelled that must mean the season will be finished..but later, I'm guessing that may have also impacted upon the decision? I'd say it's highly likley EM will have others options on the table already.
    RBC could well have lost a huge amount of jobs long term, lets hope not. But prudent to look elsewhere, NFFC long term stability comes first....not a fucking rowing club lol
    It might be a little churlish to suggest this, and it possibly won't impact them too greatly, but if fans launched a campaign to boycott drinking there on matchdays/nights or from using the burger sellers they rent their frontage to (unfair though that would be on those businesses) it might be a cause of at least a little reflection of their actions.

Massive win here...build a cut price stadium, you know on some derelict land in Basford approx 150million, get it valued at 1 Billion. FFP can go fuck itself for years to come

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by sammy the snake View Post
    Massive win here...build a cut price stadium, you know on some derelict land in Basford approx 150million, get it valued at 1 Billion. FFP can go fuck itself for years to come
    *Mel Morris likes this post*

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We should move grounds and sell the site to a load of gypos.... see how the boat club likes having their boats put up on bricks.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Is the land lease transferable? If so the locals would have nearly 250 years to rue their opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We should move grounds and sell the site to a load of gypos.... see how the boat club likes having their boats put up on bricks.

I knew a bloke who threatened to do this if anyone objected to his planning application, he meant the fucker too.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Is the land lease transferable? If so the locals would have nearly 250 years to rue their opposition.
    masterstroke this!

"..and here's your river in which to bathe in"

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I knew a bloke who threatened to do this if anyone objected to his planning application, he meant the fucker too.
    We have a bitch in the local village who takes a similar approach.

Her plan to sell her land to housing developers keeps getting turned down so every year she hosts a Gyspy Christian festival on the field which causes havoc for a week.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    We have a bitch in the local village who takes a similar approach.

Her plan to sell her land to housing developers keeps getting turned down so every year she hosts a Gyspy Christian festival on the field which causes havoc for a week.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    To be fair to this bloke he only wanted to build an extension comparable with the ones either side of his house but one of the neighbours played the **** because he objected to a scaffolder lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.
    He lowered the tone of his fucking hedge when he took it down to 12 inches high with a chainsaw whilst the neighbour was hosting a barbecue.

Last edited by Wes' Organ; 17-03-20 at 20:05.

There will be a plan B. Only so much fucking around the club can take. Important that the upward trajectory is not undone by delay

If we exhaust all avenues and feel we need to move to grow, then for me it's got to be along the a453 near to the M1. This alleviates any city traffic and allows a Forest monopoly on eateries, bars and hotels, along with a central location nationally for conferencing facilities. Put a roof on the fucker and you've got an arena also that the majority of the country is 2 hours from and that's before HS2 arrives.

Heart will always say stay at the City Ground and is my preffered option, but financially this in my opinion is the best location.

Could this be just a chicken game?

- You fine people of the Rowing club thought this was a good opportunity to milk me for money? Fine, now you will get no money at all.

oopsy daisy!

I do hope the boat club doesn't suffer a tragedy, like a fire.....

Where's me hammer?

I will reiterate again, any Forest fan spending a pound in there from now on, on matchdays or any other day is a fucking clown.

Bet they make a right wedge, see how they feel if that stops.

#boycotttheboatclub get the cnut trending

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    If we exhaust all avenues and feel we need to move to grow, then for me it's got to be along the a453 near to the M1. This alleviates any city traffic and allows a Forest monopoly on eateries, bars and hotels, along with a central location nationally for conferencing facilities. Put a roof on the fucker and you've got an arena also that the majority of the country is 2 hours from and that's before HS2 arrives.

Heart will always say stay at the City Ground and is my preferred location, but financially this in my opinion is the best location.
    That too was one of Nigel Doughty's potential re-location sites when he and the city council were at loggerheads. Clifton Pastures to be precise. That land is now earmarked for a large-scale housing project.

What has to be taken into primary consideration in terms of potentially moving is also seeking sufficient space and the right location for Mr Marinakis to build the luxury apartments required to help finance the rebuild of the Taylor Stand alone, which is why the current site, by the river in West Bridgford, is so attractive.

That too was one of Nigel Doughty's potential re-location sites when he and the city council were at loggerheads. Clifton Pastures to be precise. That land is now earmarked for a large-scale housing project.

What has to be taken into primary consideration in terms of potentially moving is also seeking sufficient space and the right location for Mr Marinakis to build the luxury apartments required to help finance the rebuild of the Taylor Stand alone, which is why the current site, by the river in West Bridgford, is so attractive.
    I think the council would get a hefty sum from a developer for the land the City Ground sits on which could help finance the move. How much is that block of apartments (flats) in the old civic centre location worth?

No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house

I think the council would get a hefty sum from a developer for the land the City Ground sits on which could help finance the move. How much is that block of apartments (flats) in the old civic centre location worth?
    There's already a development planned on that site

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    There's already a development planned on that site
    Very good, now take that figure of the development and use it to estimate how much the City Ground land would be worth.

Heart will always say stay at the City Ground and is my preffered option, but financially this in my opinion is the best location.
    Sounds dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Sounds dreadful.
    Modern football is unfortunately, but then I'm happy in the Championship standing in a cow shed and drinking in Brigeford so my opinion is outdated.

It's all about mid-table...

We're not moving anywhere and any rebuilding is years away imo.